Adry Lemon

Jul 17, 2020
You glanced over the latest release list on the site and the entry for Love of Magic seems to have a case of compression sickness.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not sure if that's a problem on my end but you might want to look into it.
Seeing the same thing, the small banner is very grainy

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
My guess is the banner is auto-generated from the GIF, and things that look okay in motion looks bad when auto-generated.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Ha, stupid me has not yet managed to find it. With dining room, are you refering ot
the new tea house at the inn or something else I did not manage to unlock?
Once you build the tea-house there's a new option on the next building pass (accessed from tea house, which is why you need that first).

Casu Consulto

Jun 22, 2017
I've seen that Dylan is supposed to get a new ability if you visit him in the Library on day 140+,but I've visited morning, evening, and night and only get the options to read the current book or ask for a new one. Is there another trigger I'm missing?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I've seen that Dylan is supposed to get a new ability if you visit him in the Library on day 140+,but I've visited morning, evening, and night and only get the options to read the current book or ask for a new one. Is there another trigger I'm missing?
Is Xochi there with him? He should get that ability the first time you talk to her there.

1627391115675.png

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Droid Productions thank you for replying here on the board.
And big thanks for answering all our gameplay / walkthrough
related questions. I appreciate it very much. Sure the other
do aswell.
This (and my ) are largely my lewd homes on the internet, so usually I respond quickly :)

Love of Magic started out as a completely free game that was just released here and on itch.io (as Making Movies was before it), so I've been here a while :)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I added the flag (it took me a while to figure out how). I took Dylan into Elsewhere to confirm, and it's there. Is Xochi also supposed to be in the library after adding the tag?
Yupp. Though you'd be missing out on her first dialog (which is where that flag is normally set). Let me see if I can reproduce this locally.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
does this update have new content or only bugfixes?
~2 hrs worth of new content, new sex scenes with katie, emily, akane and a new character (and some smaller sensual scenes with other characters). A couple of major cutscenes, a new variation of the combat system for Outsiders, two different outsider events, new Kingdom events, new companions and companion abilities, and moves the main day content from day 134 to day 151.

Nov 24, 2019
I'm on a Windows 10 machine (not VM) and am only using ~375 MB memory, with 1% CPU usage. I wonder how much of what you're seeing is caused by using a virtual instance of Windows. I seem to remember seeing VMs I've used in the past being much less efficient with things like memory and processor load.
I'm using the Linux build, so no virtualization whatsoever; Although I suspect if I use Wine ("not a virtualization tool") I might be able to obtain a better performance. (Not going to try, though; Wine is... well, Wine is Wine.)

Lewdorum

Jan 5, 2019
Check the installation instructions; short answer is you need to chmod the files to give them execution permissions.
love_of_magic_book2.app/Contents/MacOS/*
I keep trying this and still get told I don't have permission to open the file. I'm not able to understand terminal commands fully. Here is an image of what happens when I use chmod +x for love _of _magic book 1. Can you tell me what is wrong?

Terminalpic.png
I've redacted my name and username.

4.60 star(s) 257 Votes