Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I only ever played the first 2 chapters. It's got such interesting characters and lore that I wanted to wait until had a large chunk of content so I could have a good sitting with it.

So there I was playing away and Sarah was growing on me. Sure she was being a manipulative bitch but she entertained me.

Now, i'm not far in but our MC as just shared his magic with her the first time after her failed attempt to threaten him and it turns out his god side is not interested in her at all.

Why do I have the sinking feeling she's going to end up on the bad guys side...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Aaand it seems my game is completely broken.

Spend night with Emily, Lich attacks, beat Lich, Emily turns up and mentions Excalibur ...... then nothing. My screen just has the portal and if I click on that he says he'll deal with it another time and there is nothing else for me to interact with.

Awesome game to that point but I can't go no further.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Aaand it seems my game is completely broken.

Spend night with Emily, Lich attacks, beat Lich, Emily turns up and mentions Excalibur ...... then nothing. My screen just has the portal and if I click on that he says he'll deal with it another time and there is nothing else for me to interact with.

Awesome game to that point but I can't go no further.
Hmm.. Emily's supposed to say that DURING the fight. I've seen that scene breaking before if someone had stats so high they can kill the lich before Emily gets to have that discussion, but that only happens if you have bumped the stats super high with the debug menu. If you reload from start of day (it auto-saves each day), just make sure you don't kill the poor lich before Emily 'saves' you :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Hmm.. Emily's supposed to say that DURING the fight. I've seen that scene breaking before if someone had stats so high they can kill the lich before Emily gets to have that discussion, but that only happens if you have bumped the stats super high with the debug menu. If you reload from start of day (it auto-saves each day), just make sure you don't kill the poor lich before Emily 'saves' you :)
Done it.

I checked the guide and it turns out I may not have been playing it right.

Any morning I haven't had anything to do has been spent in Elsewhere, afternoon in gym, night on the town. All level ups have gone on strength. Anytime i'm busy i've hit gym or cafe to read then town at night.

That with some decent gem drops and delving into wheelchair dudes private stock with the seers ability to move cards around, Chloe handing me jokers and the Kitsune doing 100 a hit, it was dropping quite a lot of damage.

That said i've also missed out on some stuff with an Olivia and something about black roses.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
The Black Rose can be done at any time throughout Book 1, so you've got plenty of time. There's a lot of stuff that's designed to happen 'organically', so a lot of stuff is only really missed if you optimize too heavily, and always do the same things. For example, there was one guy that never showered until Late Night, and so he missed out on a bunch of content that happens at night in the shower.

Kitchentable

Aug 13, 2018
So the MC and Katie succsexfully avoided their talk! Huh, who would of thunk! :p

Buuut I gotta have stern word with you Mr. Droid Productions!

Where the heck are OUR repeatable "events" with Akane and Bella?!
You are holding out on us. :ROFLMAO:

Emily got one for obvious reasons. Molly too and she also got a scene in this update too.
I get the feelling that Molly is getting a prefertial treatment here! Not fair!
I demand equality for Bella and Akane! NOW! Or it will be strike and pitchforks and torches.
Or maybe saying pretty please will help? Even pretty please with a cherry on top?

Like the new fox. She seems more sensible than Foxy. But Foxy is spirited.
Oh and Xochi too. Now collecting gods for the harem huh?
Something like thing big or go home, I'd wager.
Anywho, great update. As always.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Where the heck are OUR repeatable "events" with Akane and Bella?!
You are holding out on us. :ROFLMAO:
Akane's got a really nice (non-replayable) event in this one, probably my favorite sex scene with her. Though that may be personal preferences, of course. It's in the new Dining Room.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey, Droid, I didn't see this reported. The MC and Emily are having a conversation with Jannice about the wedding to come. Apparently she's hiding behind Chloe and she doesn't even realize it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for the heads up, will check it out!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Thanks for the heads up, will check it out!
I was adding one other thing I just found, but you were too quick to respond. :LOL: Also, the first time Akane is with the MC at the onsen, she called the MC by the nickname I've chosen for Molly to use, rather than the one she's supposed to. Most of the time during that scene it's fine, but there is an instance of that . . . unless you've hard-coded "Daddy" as her nickname for the MC on that line.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
there was one guy that never showered until Late Night, and so he missed out on a bunch of content that happens at night in the shower.
That's also me.

Righty oh, think i'm going to restart and pay more attention to events.

I thought combat stats were going to be the super important thing so all my spare time has gone into those along with grinding Elsewhere for mats/gems (which Bella is awesome for, extra turns for the win .... in fact, Bella is my must use for Elsewhere, poison is awesome).

So I leaned to far into trying to min/max and not enough time into enjoying the actual game.

Event wise, aside from the important ones I couldn't miss, the only one i've seen is the sparring match with Katie. According to the guide there is also a gem for her I can buy.

Spent all my time with a focus on combat and not enough time on seeing what's available.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
That's also me.

Righty oh, think i'm going to restart and pay more attention to events.

I thought combat stats were going to be the super important thing so all my spare time has gone into those along with grinding Elsewhere for mats/gems (which Bella is awesome for, extra turns for the win .... in fact, Bella is my must use for Elsewhere, poison is awesome).

So I leaned to far into trying to min/max and not enough time into enjoying the actual game.

Event wise, aside from the important ones I couldn't miss, the only one i've seen is the sparring match with Katie. According to the guide there is also a gem for her I can buy.

Spent all my time with a focus on combat and not enough time on seeing what's available.
No need to restart; most things aren't locked to specific time-slots. You can still unlock all of the Book 1 side-content in Act IV or V. VI it's a little hard because you're so busy much of the time.

Nov 24, 2019
Some users really want 32 bit builds; why, I do not know. Since the max memory used is ~500MB, I don't really *need* a 64 bit version, but... it's not that hard to make both, and it makes people happy.
For the record, reported RAM usage in Linux is 700+ MB and total RAM usage (reported + non-reported, Unity is probably doing a bad job at collecting garbage) can easily exceed what my Windows 10 Virtual Machine uses.

This is probably the heaviest game (CPU/RAM resource-wise) I actually care enough to play; However, it is worth playing even if Unity has quite some quirks; Although I do need to make use of command-line options and some XML config editing as there are no preferences regarding performance available ingame.

Off-topic: Location garage_day when going to visit the US Ambassator the first time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Droid Productions
Nov 24, 2019
Hey, Droid, I didn't see this reported. The MC and Emily are having a conversation with Jannice about the wedding to come. Apparently she's hiding behind Chloe and she doesn't even realize it.
By the way, this happens to me anytime I load a save file in Crowley. Any book, any time; Just loading a file in Crowley will spawn Chloe at her usual position.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Any recommendation on level of Swordsmanship? I know you've talked about this in the thread here before. Currently I'm at 27; should I keep training with Matthew for a while, or should I wander the paths (when I have time) to continue to up other stats (Str 62, Int 59, Cha 75) instead?

Nov 24, 2019
Any recommendation on level of Swordsmanship? I know you've talked about this in the thread here before. Currently I'm at 27; should I keep training with Matthew for a while, or should I wander the paths (when I have time) to continue to up other stats (Str 62, Int 59, Cha 75) instead?
Wander the paths, and bring Emily along; In Book 2 she can raise your swordmanship as well (and you can get gems, money, experience and ingredients as well)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
For the record, reported RAM usage in Linux is 700+ MB and total RAM usage (reported + non-reported, Unity is probably doing a bad job at collecting garbage) can easily exceed what my Windows 10 Virtual Machine uses.

This is probably the heaviest game (CPU/RAM resource-wise) I actually care enough to play; However, it is worth playing even if Unity has quite some quirks; Although I do need to make use of command-line options and some XML config editing as there are no preferences regarding performance available ingame.

Off-topic: Location garage_day when going to visit the US Ambassator the first time.
I'm on a Windows 10 machine (not VM) and am only using ~375 MB memory, with 1% CPU usage. I wonder how much of what you're seeing is caused by using a virtual instance of Windows. I seem to remember seeing VMs I've used in the past being much less efficient with things like memory and processor load.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
At 27 you're doing pretty okay. There's a level up at 30 (X goes from doing 1,000 pierce to doing 1,500 pierce), so it's worth bringing that up. Both Emily (in the random dungeons) and Matthew (at the round table) can train you. IX+, which focuses on the KD, will also add a questline for Swordmaster from a different era.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
You glanced over the latest release list on the site and the entry for Love of Magic seems to have a case of compression sickness.

Not sure if that's a problem on my end but you might want to look into it.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes