Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Great update! It was a bit confusing to start out the update, with it jumping back to day 135 or so. Ended up solving the panty mystery and watching the pig fly before getting the scene on the Dark Path, but that was my own fault for initially saying no to starting at the end of Act 7. Just didn't want to lose progress that I made after continuing after the last update.
It'll rewind you to the right day / location, but you get to keep all your progress in terms of levelling up, resources, etc.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
It'll rewind you to the right day / location, but you get to keep all your progress in terms of levelling up, resources, etc.
Yeah, at one point I hit the back button to rewind to start of conversation and jumped to the Dark Path scene, but all stats stayed the way they were as far as I could tell. Not sure if I missed any scenes or not. If there was a scene talking to Emily or the war council about the flying pig then I didn't get it.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, at one point I hit the back button to rewind to start of conversation and jumped to the Dark Path scene, but all stats stayed the way they were as far as I could tell. Not sure if I missed any scenes or not. If there was a scene talking to Emily or the war council about the flying pig then I didn't get it.
Rewind jumps you to the last "start of conversation" savegame, so I'd be a little careful about using that alongside things like the rewind story mechanic. It's not very well tested grounds :)

The story of the flying hog ties into talking to Katie about the need for modern weapons, then completing a new Kingdom Event, then a side-trip to America to fight another Outsider.

Reactions: Alex5280

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
how do you run this game on mac it says 'you do not have permission'
Check the installation instructions; short answer is you need to chmod the files to give them execution permissions.
love_of_magic_book2.app/Contents/MacOS/*

Reactions: Real Kreten

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This update does have a fair few 'optional' events.

The biggest one is completing the trio of Kingdom Events, Fistfull of Bullets, For the Horde and Brrrrrrpt, which together unlocks a pretty big chunk of content.

Second big one is the Dojo at the King's Dragon, which is how to two relatively important events in Act VIII.

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
Rewind jumps you to the last "start of conversation" savegame, so I'd be a little careful about using that alongside things like the rewind story mechanic. It's not very well tested grounds :)

The story of the flying hog ties into talking to Katie about the need for modern weapons, then completing a new Kingdom Event, then a side-trip to America to fight another Outsider.
Played it yesterday, not sure If I got that conversation with Katie. Got the side trip to meet the Aztecs and had some fun with Katie in Lancaster. Might have to go back and play it again the intended way when I get a chance to see if I missed anything.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Played it yesterday, not sure If I got that conversation with Katie. Got the side trip to meet the Aztecs and had some fun with Katie in Lancaster. Might have to go back and play it again the intended way when I get a chance to see if I missed anything.
If you only visited Mexico once, definitely :)

Alex5280

Sep 3, 2020
If you only visited Mexico once, definitely :)
I went twice, just got the flying pig one first. Pretty sure I got all the major events. Just might have missed a few conversations and played a few things out of the intended order. Met Akane's visitors, Mexico twice, Brrrrpt, new room, panty mystery, date night, 2 council meetings and battle scene at end of update.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I went twice, just got the flying pig one first. Pretty sure I got all the major events. Just might have missed a few conversations and played a few things out of the intended order. Met Akane's visitors, Mexico twice, Brrrrpt, new room, panty mystery, date night, 2 council meetings and battle scene at end of update.
Yeah, Brrrpt's definitely supposed to trigger after the first trip :) Apart from that it looks complete on the optional side.

Mar 22, 2020
Can someone show me what the quest list should look like at the start of Act 8 please.
I've got a feeling my steam version is stuck on the beta and not properly updated, as most of the quests are "to be continued"

Currently thinking I might delete the steam install and reinstall

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
I remember trying this for the Strip-MMA side quest, which wasn't too bad all things considered. I don't recall a strip poker event, but the walkthrough mentions it... but is it like the Strip-MMA thing, or is it just a guided event with a pre-determined outcome, since it seems to be a one-time event?

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Steam Beta is the main way the game's tested, so... that's usually the cleanest way to play. I got feedback that I need to clean up the in progress/to be completed quests; it's on my list.

Book 1 strip poker sequence is with Bella and Katie day 22+; it was optional and quite easy to miss (I changed it to be harder tp miss in the later Book 1 builds), but I think it's a fun event. It heavily foreshadows the Act III ending.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Rudrig

Apr 23, 2018
Anybody could provide me with a savegame from the v2.0.1 19d please (around 10 of may)? And where should I put it (like path on the HD)?
Thanks in advance.

emmasteadman

Aug 6, 2017
Content for this game seems to have slowed down dramatically. Each update seems to be for the most part bug fixes.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: cbsx

lagaard

Jan 25, 2018
Steam Beta is the main way the game's tested, so... that's usually the cleanest way to play. I got feedback that I need to clean up the in progress/to be completed quests; it's on my list.

Book 1 strip poker sequence is with Bella and Katie day 22+; it was optional and quite easy to miss (I changed it to be harder tp miss in the later Book 1 builds), but I think it's a fun event. It heavily foreshadows the Act III ending.
Sorry to press more on it, but is it 'fun' in that its actually a like, interactable scene? Or is it just a pre-determined thing?

4.60 star(s) 257 Votes