Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
The game's obviously heavily inspired by Persona 4/5, and I wanted time to *be* precious. If you have as much time as you want, you'd spend time grinding. Now, instead of thinking "oh, I've got to grind", you think "I've only got 5 more slots, I wonder what the best use of them".
On this one I stand by my opinion, as a player. To wake up, do one thing that takes an hour, max, and it's late evening. Imagine doing that day after day. It doesn't make me 'value time', it makes me frustrated. At least having a Morning/Afternoon would alleviate this somewhat, because the Night slot is so underused (at least, until I'm able to *shock* read a book, in my own room!).

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
On this one I stand by my opinion, as a player. To wake up, do one thing that takes an hour, max, and it's late evening. Imagine doing that day after day. It doesn't make me 'value time', it makes me frustrated. At least having a Morning/Afternoon would alleviate this somewhat, because the Night slot is so underused (at least, until I'm able to *shock* read a book, in my own room!).
It's also how the Persona games play out.

You get very limited actions and have to make the most of them. It loses it's point if it lets you do what you want.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
It's also how the Persona games play out.

You get very limited actions and have to make the most of them. It loses it's point if it lets you do what you want.
Well, maybe it's me then as I've not played this other game, I'm basing my opinion of LoM on playing LoM.

Time slot 1: Called Morning, but lasts all day. Frequently used by the game to drive the plot.
Time slot 2: Lasts all evening, This is the only slot you can earn money in.
Time slot 3: Basically unused. I.E., there's little you can do here to raise your stats.

That's just frustrating, as a player of LoM, whatever another game I've never seen does. IMHO.

Edit: Rephrased things for clarity.

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well, maybe it's me then as I've not played this other game, I'm basing my opinion of LoM on playing LoM.

Time slot 1: Called Morning, but lasts all day. Frequently used by the game to drive the plot.
Time slot 3: Basically unused. I.E., there's little you can do here to raise your stats.

That's just frustrating, as a player of LoM, whatever another game I've never seen does. IMHO.

Sounds like what I should be doing is making night more useful. I've got some ideas, but let me see what I can come up with

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

Well you can do all you need to do at the moment. Best way to make money is elsewhere by the way, but yeah it would be better if morning was renamed to day. :) Well amount of timeslots a day is up to dev and Droid said before that he is indeed intending to put more of the extra optional activities during the night time as game fills up further. Well it is a one man effort so we cant expect everything at once unfortunately.

Does not mean that some things like the black rose events might not fit night better as evening or day, at least the pay off. :p Calls to and from Mom would fit in night, maybe some bathroom scene with Chloe if brought back loads of ingredients and so on. Maybe some drinking scenes with companions to band closer with them.

Reactions: Droid Productions

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Well you can do all you need to do at the moment. Best way to make money is elsewhere by the way, but yeah it would be better if morning was renamed to day. :) Well amount of timeslots a day is up to dev and Droid said before that he is indeed intending to put more of the extra optional activities during the night time as game fills up further. Well it is a one man effort so we cant expect everything at once unfortunately.
I have not yet discovered this Elsewhere place of earning money. Only place I've found is Bar @ Evening.
--
And I'm sure. And I understand. I have tried to keep my feedback honest, concise and as precise as I can make it.
I have already complimented the characters / writing, but there are other things either I (and perhaps others) don't understand and need explaining, or just don't sit right with me.

It's frustrating having to go day after day barely being able to do one thing when in reality it's so world's apart.
Going to a gym does not take eleven hours,
I *can* (and probably would) choose to read a book at night in my bed, or online at my desk, at night.
I would not pay £5 for a cup of coffee before looking around to see if there's someone to chat to.
Etc.

If making time be so precious is *the point* of this game (but why?) at least let us use it slightly more like we would in reality. Is my point.

I hope my feedback is understandable and polite.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I have not yet discovered this Elsewhere place of earning money. Only place I've found is Bar @ Evening.
--
And I'm sure. And I understand. I have tried to keep my feedback honest, concise and as precise as I can make it.
I have already complimented the characters / writing, but there are other things either I (and perhaps others) don't understand and need explaining, or just don't sit right with me.

It's frustrating having to go day after day barely being able to do one thing when in reality it's so world's apart.
Going to a gym does not take eleven hours,
I *can* (and probably would) choose to read a book at night in my bed, or online at my desk, at night.
I would not pay £5 for a cup of coffee before looking around to see if there's someone to chat to.
Etc.

If making time be so precious is *the point* of this game (but why?) at least let us use it slightly more like we would in reality. Is my point.

I hope my feedback is understandable and polite.
It is def not impolite, but I think droid is trying to balance your progress with time spent in game and then being able to get stats at night does not help, since he would have to take events then away from other times. Yeah unfort those three times at day does not give you really a feeling you spend all of that time, maybe would be better if it said worked out, showered after and spent some time talking to Katie. Guess we will have to accept some disconnect though between real life and game life. Still it may be something for Droid to look into if it would still feel that way after book 1 is finished and he added more random encounters in game.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It's not an adult game, it's a well known RPG series.

Point is, you have fixed time slots, you use them as best you can. The entire point is to limit what you can do so you make the most of what you can.

It's not for everyone. It's done on purpose so you can't do everything, you have to pick what is best for you. It's not supposed to be like real life.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Yeah, I should be using nights more fruitfully. Once I'm done with the main story-arch for Act III I'll go back and look at it.

One thing is that I'm a big fan of permissive design, and letting people play how the enjoy it. If you're feeling stressed out and frustrated by the pace, the easiest solution is just just give yourself a gold/stat bonus (Ctrl+J, then just change anything you want), and focus on the events, rather than stats / levels.

It's also worth noting that I'm putting down events that will last for the duration of book 1 (at least). So something like Katie's Strip MMA would have been hard to reach by the end of Act I, without cheating (doable, but required more planning). By the end of Act II it's pretty easy; Elsewhere gets you plenty of gold and levels, and STR/INT/CHR of 10 isn't very high. So the idea is that as the game goes on it grows around you, without getting stressful.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I look forward to the tweaks, as the story is interesting, the characters believable (and Molly did a 180 in my heart) and the writing is some of the most humorous I've read (grammar excepted :p ).

As an aside, I read your 'tip', but I don't like cheating in games. I find that if I do such I drop the game straight after. Also, by the end if Act II* I still hadn't managed to pass the Fighting Strip thingy once, even with really concentrating on increasing my stats as much as possible (within the limits if having to earn money to buy books).

So there's that.

*Also, there's nowhere you can save for a *really* long time before the end of the Arc - something which could be looked at?

Reactions: DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I look forward to the tweaks, as the story is interesting, the characters believable (and Molly did a 180 in my heart) and the writing is some of the most humorous I've read (grammar excepted :p ).

As an aside, I read your 'tip', but I don't like cheating in games. I find that if I do such I drop the game straight after. Also, by the end if Act II* I still hadn't managed to pass the Fighting Strip thingy once, even with really concentrating on increasing my stats as much as possible (within the limits if having to earn money to buy books).

So there's that.

*Also, there's nowhere you can save for a *really* long time before the end of the Arc - something which could be looked at?
Sounds like I need to add more signalling to get people using Elsewhere; the portal there has an entire game's worth of content, and is the primary way to level up and gain cash / stats. I'll add it to the task list. It's useable every morning after the 2nd evoker lesson.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Sounds like I need to add more signalling to get people using Elsewhere; the portal there has an entire game's worth of content, and is the primary way to level up and gain cash / stats. I'll add it to the task list. It's useable every morning after the 2nd evoker lesson.
Interesting, thanks! I'll wait until the next update so I don't fatigue myself to the plot, but I know I didn't use Elsewhere unless the plot took me there. I tried a couple of times, but the game said I should wait each time I tried, so I gave up...

If Night can also be something useful, I'd consider renaming things so it's Morn / Aft / Eve, and consider Night to be bedtime. Things will make a lot more sense, mentally, and you've still got the same three slots.

Yatah!

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
It's not an adult game, it's a well known RPG series.

Point is, you have fixed time slots, you use them as best you can. The entire point is to limit what you can do so you make the most of what you can.

It's not for everyone. It's done on purpose so you can't do everything, you have to pick what is best for you. It's not supposed to be like real life.
only difference is that in real life, when I match 4 queens I get hit instead...
Yeah, I should be using nights more fruitfully. Once I'm done with the main story-arch for Act III I'll go back and look at it.

One thing is that I'm a big fan of permissive design, and letting people play how the enjoy it. If you're feeling stressed out and frustrated by the pace, the easiest solution is just just give yourself a gold/stat bonus (Ctrl+J, then just change anything you want), and focus on the events, rather than stats / levels.

It's also worth noting that I'm putting down events that will last for the duration of book 1 (at least). So something like Katie's Strip MMA would have been hard to reach by the end of Act I, without cheating (doable, but required more planning). By the end of Act II it's pretty easy; Elsewhere gets you plenty of gold and levels, and STR/INT/CHR of 10 isn't very high. So the idea is that as the game goes on it grows around you, without getting stressful.
but what if Katie's strip MMA isn't supposed to be beaten at all? and you impress her by actually persevering despite the streak of defeats and at some point, she fakes her defeat?

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
only difference is that in real life, when I match 4 queens I get hit instead...

but what if Katie's strip MMA isn't supposed to be beaten at all? and you impress her by actually persevering despite the streak of defeats and at some point, she fakes her defeat?
Hai Kuko, not sure these 4 Queens will be much saver. :LOL: Well impressing her is what gets her going, it is what happens if you give in to what she proposes after that it gets fun and scary. :p

mrmcfappen

Sep 10, 2019
It would defy the purpose of the game's structure, but! A newgame+ could be what you're looking for
Not necessarily. Right now, I'm going for the Olivia' event, and stats wise it has been nothing but a giant sinkhole so far. (Causing me to talk to her instead of reading/working)
Admittedly I haven't reached its conclusion yet so if the reward is something amazing or completing that event majorly effect the game, I'll change my tune

applesauce

Aug 21, 2016
-snip just to trigger a notification-
I had some difficulty placing cards in one specific spot, discarding fixed this. I've attached a video in case my description is unclear. I can try to find replication conditions if this isn't something you're already aware of. v0.2.14 on PC/Windows 10

Obviously I'm not very far in here, but otherwise this is at least conceptually (again, not far enough in to say beyond that) the best conceived unique combat mechanic (I haven't seen it before) I've seen in a h-game in years.

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes