Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Suggestion: after reaching the end of the main storyline, we should be able to keep playing for side quests and such.
Yeah, someone suggested that on discord. I need to see how it would work; it can't update the calender, so it'd basically be groundhog day (there are obviously events planned for day 35, after Act II ends). The big problem is making it dovetail nicely with the main story structure; if Act V left you dead and broken at the gates of the Court, explaining how you go from there to happily 'grinding' Jenny in Starcucks requires a bit of suspension of disbelief, and working out how to return you to the gates once the new update comes.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I had some difficulty placing cards in one specific spot, discarding fixed this. I've attached a video in case my description is unclear. I can try to find replication conditions if this isn't something you're already aware of. v0.2.14 on PC/Windows 10

Obviously I'm not very far in here, but otherwise this is at least conceptually (again, not far enough in to say beyond that) the best conceived unique combat mechanic (I haven't seen it before) I've seen in a h-game in years.
huh... that's weird as hell. It looks like it thinks there's an invisible card there. I'll see if I can find out what's going on and put a fix on it. Thanks!

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
huh... that's weird as hell. It looks like it thinks there's an invisible card there. I'll see if I can find out what's going on and put a fix on it. Thanks!
Not watched the video, but I suspect it's happened to me as well (of course - everything seems to have happened to me :( );
You drag a card from the deck to a free slot, and *boing*; it flies back to the deck?

I had to click 'Auto-play' to get past that one...

Reactions: DA22

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Yeah, someone suggested that on discord. I need to see how it would work; it can't update the calender, so it'd basically be groundhog day (there are obviously events planned for day 35, after Act II ends). The big problem is making it dovetail nicely with the main story structure; if Act V left you dead and broken at the gates of the Court, explaining how you go from there to happily 'grinding' Jenny in Starcucks requires a bit of suspension of disbelief, and working out how to return you to the gates once the new update comes.
Maybe you could set maximum stats for the end of each arc? Or set certain scenes only playable from Arc X or above?

"requires a bit of suspension of disbelief" - unlike using the gym in the morning, and finishing 6pm? ;)

• Thinking Face

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Maybe you could set maximum stats for the end of each arc? Or set certain scenes only playable from Arc X or above?

"requires a bit of suspension of disbelief" - unlike using the gym in the morning, and finishing 6pm? ;)
I suspect the cleanest solution is a Load Game+ version that plays in it's own sandbox. I worry about the bug potential when re-joining the main game, but apart from that it's a solution that works.

Reactions: L30 and DA22

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
I suspect the cleanest solution is a Load Game+ version that plays in it's own sandbox. I worry about the bug potential when re-joining the main game, but apart from that it's a solution that works.
Did you really mean "it is"?

:p

And yeah, I understand *this* side of your argument, if not some of the others. For lack of another cliché, I wish this game had a fairy-chan. Someone that could offer jokes, hints, and would be a method for programmer-kun to point the player in more desirable directions (see Long Live the Princess, Corrupted Kingdoms et al).

It's cute, has sexy-time-outside-main-plot potential, makes me feel less lonely, is helpful etc etc etc.

I know that I missed a lot of content. If MPP (my personal pixie) existed, she could have whipped her bazookas out, and said "If you wanna lick 'em, visit Elsewhere three times in a week" and job's a good'n!

Given all the magic abound, it's a slam-dunk AFAICS...

• Haha

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Did you really mean "it is"?

:p

And yeah, I understand *this* side of your argument, if not some of the others. For lack of another cliché, I wish this game had a fairy-chan. Someone that could offer jokes, hints, and would be a method for programmer-kun to point the player in more desirable directions (see Long Live the Princess, Corrupted Kingdoms et al).

It's cute, has sexy-time-outside-main-plot potential, makes me feel less lonely, is helpful etc etc etc.

I know that I missed a lot of content. If MPP (my personal pixie) existed, she could have whipped her bazookas out, and said "If you wanna lick 'em, visit Elsewhere three times in a week" and job's a good'n!

Given all the magic abound, it's a slam-dunk AFAICS...
That's actually planned for the end of Act III. But I say too much ;)

• Haha

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
That's actually planned for the end of Act III. But I say too much ;)
It's quite obvious from the screen-shots*, but I'd strongly suggest it's desperately needed since the beginning, from my experience, and from what I've read others write.

Why hold back? When the player needs assistance the most is at the start of the game, the rest is just icing.

*Edit: I *swear* I saw a fairy in a cocktail glass. Am I thinking of another game? Answers on a postcard, please! I'm going insane.

But either way, if it's possible to shuffle plot around and let us have a fairy earlier, I think it'd be *really* useful, and given your writing skills, hilarious as hell - make her **dirty**, please, much dirtier than the player could hope to be :D

• Thinking Face

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's quite obvious from the screen-shots*, but I'd strongly suggest it's desperately needed since the beginning, from my experience, and from what I've read others write.

Why hold back? When the player needs assistance the most is at the start of the game, the rest is just icing.

*Edit: I *swear* I saw a fairy in a cocktail glass. Am I thinking of another game? Answers on a postcard, please! I'm going insane.

But either way, if it's possible to shuffle plot around and let us have a fairy earlier, I think it'd be *really* useful, and given your writing skills, hilarious as hell - make her **dirty**, please, much dirtier than the player could hope to be :D
pixie_wp1.png
pixie_wp2.png

You're thinking of these ones, I think. They're from the Crowely upgrade project, which is planned as the 'big chunk of non-story content' for Act III (so I'll work on that once Act III's story line is done). You're already collecting 'special ingredients'. Those will be traded with Chloe to upgrade the bar rating of the Crowley. As you level it up the clientele changes, and it becomes the hottest pub in the UK for the supernatural community. That also changes the events triggering when you bartend. The wood pixie is one of your new customers, she's in to drown her sorrows, but once encountered she'll have another scene later that night.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
View attachment 536125
View attachment 536126

You're thinking of these ones, I think. They're from the Crowely upgrade project, which is planned as the 'big chunk of non-story content' for Act III (so I'll work on that once Act III's story line is done). You're already collecting 'special ingredients'. Those will be traded with Chloe to upgrade the bar rating of the Crowley. As you level it up the clientele changes, and it becomes the hottest pub in the UK for the supernatural community. That also changes the events triggering when you bartend. The wood pixie is one of your new customers, she's in to drown her sorrows, but once encountered she'll have another scene later that night.
I want her as MPP. What can we do, collectively, to make that happen? With longer hair, she'd be adorable!

Edit: And, facially, she already looks quite the dirty girl :D Those lips, those eyes, moisten!

• Haha

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I'm used to Emily's puppy eyes; I am immune to that of lesser mortals :)
Hah, well here you can stand in awe because in another game I am a goddess.

No really, stop laughing.

I had a cameo in a game as the goddess of healing.

See ... so now it's puppy eyes from a pretend goddess. A pretend goddess would never share you plans so you can tell me them all now.

Such a trustworthy person I am.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Hah, well here you can stand in awe because in another game I am a goddess.

No really, stop laughing.

I had a cameo in a game as the goddess of healing.

See ... so now it's puppy eyes from a pretend goddess. A pretend goddess would never share you plans so you can tell me them all now.

Such a trustworthy person I am.
I have crossed paths with you previously. I believe nothing you say and neither should they, you brazen ------!

Be gone, for here lies the way of the brave, the bold and the highly perverted.
---
Actually, you'd fit in quite well - welcome!

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I have crossed paths with you previously. I believe nothing you say and neither should they, you brazen ------!

Be gone, for here lies the way of the brave, the bold and the highly perverted.
---
Actually, you'd fit in quite well - welcome!
Hey, i'm not perverted those are lies told about me by people trying to tarnish my sweet and innocent nature.

No, before you ask those aren't screams from my basement that's been converted into a sex dungeon .... I was watching a horror movie .... no idea who left these handcuffs lying around.

Feb 15, 2018
Is this game super graphic intensive or am I just doing something wrong? Because my background screens are solid white. There is no front porch, no pub. Just whoever I'm talking to against a white background.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Is this game super graphic intensive or am I just doing something wrong? Because my background screens are solid white. There is no front porch, no pub. Just whoever I'm talking to against a white background.
No, it shouldn't be that intensive.

That's really weird. Could you send me your log file? If you're on windows it should be in
c:\users\[USERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic

4.60 star(s) 258 Votes