Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hey Droid Productions after Glade i don't have any option to do anything. There is no portal icon that i can click. Can you check the save file please

I had similar problem when i start the game where i couldn't do anything at bar maybe you will remember, you gave me the save file after that point at it worked fine might fix the issue again.
Thanks for the save; I'll check it out tomorrow morning! (I had friends over for a long party, and any coding I do now is less suspect, and more guilty by definition).

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Fair enough and it may well work with your design setup while the game is in development, now I know it is likely well over a year or years away, but such a feature could also work for a new game+ if want to do something like that. :)
It depends a little on my ability to work on it. At the moment, it's about 4 weeks / act (Elsewhere sucked up a lot of time, so Act 1-2 took a while). Book one (The Crown) is 5 acts. Book 2 (The War) and Book 3 (The Return) likely the same. So another year+ to finish it sounds about reasonable. After that I'd look at game+, I love references, hidden endings, that kind of thing.

mrmcfappen

Sep 10, 2019
Would it be unrealistic if Chloe/Sorcerers had a second ability that influence the chance of what kind of loot you get from the monster you're currently fighting?
I bet "Lord... Torman..." would know who is %100 just a regular old Evoker and nothing else. (No I'm not checking wiki for Welsh/Gaelic thunder gods, what gave you that impression)

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Would it be unrealistic if Chloe/Sorcerers had a second ability that influence the chance of what kind of loot you get from the monster you're currently fighting?
I bet "Lord... Torman..." would know who is %100 just a regular old Evoker and nothing else. (No I'm not checking wiki for Welsh/Gaelic thunder gods, what gave you that impression)
Interesting idea. I could in theory use a second loot table for situations where there's a sorceress involved. I'll add that to the task list.

Stanker

Mar 10, 2018
I haven't played as many of these as I would like to due to just not having the time, but I have to give huge praise to Droid Productions for this one. It is leaps and bounds my favorite game out of the 2-3 ish dozen games. I cannot wait for new updates

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You can also search for the Germanic ones, they mostly overlap with the Norse Pantheon, but not completely. :p

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
It depends a little on my ability to work on it. At the moment, it's about 4 weeks / act (Elsewhere sucked up a lot of time, so Act 1-2 took a while). Book one (The Crown) is 5 acts. Book 2 (The War) and Book 3 (The Return) likely the same. So another year+ to finish it sounds about reasonable. After that I'd look at game+, I love references, hidden endings, that kind of thing.
Hopefully by the time Book XM drops you'll have it all figured out.

Reactions: DA22

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
Who is Quinn Kuko? Those name changes are impossible to follow, you Madhatter. :p Well for now I am first and foremost interested in following the story of this game and all those interested in MC.
Yeah... I messed up with Emily during the card reading session so I'm taking a break to think it over

• Haha

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Sadly, 3 books is all there is. After that I need to find another story to tell. I don't want to make an eternity game.
I second the 'That's a shame' opine. Maybe have a two stage plan;
1) Have a Start, a Middle and an End. The Start (maybe three Acts to set the stage) and End (could be a single act) could be fixed, but the Middle would be more flexible.

2) In the Middle, tell stories until you have no more stories to tell, then tie up loose ends, tack on the End and go on to your next project.

It would make me sad to think this game will end just because you decided it would at the start, because there are so few really good games about (maybe 10 - 15), and this is telling a really interesting story. I think there could be quite a lot of interpersonal relationship expansion without interfering with the Main Story plot, and that should be considered.

Just one person's thoughts.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I second the 'That's a shame' opine. Maybe have a two stage plan;
1) Have a Start, a Middle and an End. The Start (maybe three Acts to set the stage) and End (could be a single act) could be fixed, but the Middle would be more flexible.

2) In the Middle, tell stories until you have no more stories to tell, then tie up loose ends, tack on the End and go on to your next project.

It would make me sad to think this game will end just because you decided it would at the start, because there are so few really good games about (maybe 10 - 15), and this is telling a really interesting story. I think there could be quite a lot of interpersonal relationship expansion without interfering with the Main Story plot, and that should be considered.

Just one person's thoughts.
Well, we're talking ~15 acts out. There's lots of interesting stories to tell out there, and interesting characters to find. Book 1 is essentially the beginning; the rise to power. Book 2 is the center, the prophecy and the war. Book 3 is the return, the wrapping up of stories and (as a lifelong JRR Tolkien fanboi) the return to the Shire, but a world that's changed by your actions, or lack of actions.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
Well, we're talking ~15 acts out. There's lots of interesting stories to tell out there, and interesting characters to find. Book 1 is essentially the beginning; the rise to power. Book 2 is the center, the prophecy and the war. Book 3 is the return, the wrapping up of stories and (as a lifelong JRR Tolkien fanboi) the return to the Shire, but a world that's changed by your actions, or lack of actions.
Yeah, but considering we're at Act III already, if the Act's lengths are similar, my maths says we're 1/5th in already. THAT'S NOT ENOUGH! :D

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah, but considering we're at Act III already, if the Act's lengths are similar, my maths says we're 1/5th in already. THAT'S NOT ENOUGH! :D
The problem is it will never be enough if good enough :p Then again Droid said he is considering a game+ after end and ofc that is something you can come back to every once in a while to add to should he feel that way :) Besides what is to say the game he thinks up after would not even be better? :cool:

Edit: Also he said 15 acts out, that should mean in 18 total so only at 1/6 now. Also as long as he can make the story better it is never wrong to add to it and make it better, just adding content for the content though would diminish the quality of the game overall.

Reactions: Zenithtb
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes