Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
OK, so that's Average Bad. Any news about Bad Bad? (y):love:

Edit: replied on phone and F95 doesn't support my original emojis so none showed up, making my reply look a lot drier than I'd intended. I spent much more effort than I'd like to admit, but this is what the emojis were supposed to be: Screenshot_20200203-014117.png

Edit edit: I wanna spank her so much. She was born to be abused. I love her much more than (Emily?)...

Last edited:

mrmcfappen

Sep 10, 2019
...you want to buy her that (optional) lingerie. Trust me on this...
After seeing how receptive she was to t-shirt it would indeed be a shame not buy her lingerie.

In your 2.5 'World refresh', will you include some player-guidance mechanism? If so, I'd certainly go back and have another play-through in preparation for Act III. I just don't want to miss half the game this time around. I'd cry!
I too straggled and missed on a lot of things in my first two playthroughs but after getting familiar with the game and with the help of walkthrough I did managed to do/see everything there is (except getting the true flawless gem from Chloe) in my third playthrough.
Turns out you actually don't even need to use Ctrl+J. It's possible to do everything. Although, when going for do everything route, you absolutely need to abuse the save-load system a bit to get the optimal rewards at times.

Chriss475

Sep 6, 2017
I have really enjoyed the game so far. Backed you at the $20 level for now.

Things I loved: Characters (unique models, graphics, animated avatars, personalities and development so far), storyline (i'm a big Arthurian Legends fan so this was right up my street), lore, slick UI.

Likes: The card game battler is unique and nuanced even though it's still a bit buggy in places.

Dislikes: Most characters are not present in the world unless at a scripted storyline moment so no repeatable events with them - takes you out of the game somewhat. Would love visiting them and them visiting you for random chats, excursions to Elsewhere initiated by companions, dates etc... Chloe's content is especially lacking and i was expecting more with her during the bar jobs.

Loot drops from Elsewhere seem very random and I'd never find a gem more powerful than level 3 even after beating a level 9 monster. Ingredients and money drops are too rare. I think I got 3 money drops totalling less than £100 even after going to Elsewhere every day possible.

I couldn't see anyway of seeing how many ingredients I was carrying for Chloe nor could I hand them in to her after saying "actually i'll hang on to them for now" the first time you get back with ingredients (misclick).

Being unable to read a book in your room or in the bar seems odd. Possibility of some interactivity with Chloe there.

Hates: Time Limit. Usually I avoid games that use a time limit mechanic like the plague. if i've paid for a game I believe I should be able to take my time and experience everything whilst playing rather than being forced to try again next time if I missed some bits. Buying the large fire gem is really hard to do unless you're sacrificing everything else to get it. I would suggest letting players choose when to trigger the ending sequence for each act when the prereqs are met. if people want to enjoy your world and combat system for a bit longer then let them. Abrupt end dates when you've got things left to do is just frustrating.

In short - more world content and side events for characters to build friendships and personalities, more Elsewhere and lastly give players a workaround for the time limit thing if you're dead set on using it so people can choose to go with the flow or slow down and enjoy the journey.

I look forward to seeing more from you.

Also: "grisly details" not "grizzly details."

Last edited:

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Dislikes: Most characters are not present in the world unless at a scripted storyline moment so no repeatable events with them - takes you out of the game somewhat. Would love visiting them and them visiting you for random chats, excursions to Elsewhere initiated by companions, dates etc... Chloe's content is especially lacking and i was expecting more with her during the bar jobs.
There's more slice of life events planned; just a matter of spending the time to write them. Stuff like running into Emily at the bookstore, etc. There's a framework for it, but it got backburnered by content for elsewhere in the 2.5 update.

Chloe, and the Crowely specifically, is the focus of 3.5 (so once Act III is out, I'll do a 'world content' update, before starting Act IV). The Crowely's always been planned for upgrades, and as you upgrade the clientele changes. It's also how you unlock additional bonuses from Chloe. You're already collecting 'special ingredients' from Elsewhere, I just need to finish writing the upgrade stories (and the catgirl sex scenes).

Loot drops from Elsewhere seem very random and I'd never find a gem more powerful than level 3 even after beating a level 9 monster. Ingredients and money drops are too rare. I think I got 3 money drops totalling less than £100 even after going to Elsewhere every day possible.
Hmm.. I adjusted the payout up a little; I'll go back and check on that. There's right now 4 tables (two are specific to the fire elementals, and only give out firegems, two are generic for low and medium tier enemies. Vakyes are specified as a Random(1, max), so if it says 70 gold that's 1-70. The weight is the probability scale; in this case there's a 6/16 (37%) chance of dropping some gold. All of that is still very much subject to balance feedback; I'll look at bumping it up a little.
1580770825876.png

I couldn't see anyway of seeing how many ingredients I was carrying for Chloe nor could I hand them in to her after saying "actually i'll hang on to them for now" the first time you get back with ingredients (misclick).
Added to the bug tracker.

Being unable to read a book in your room or in the bar seems odd. Possibility of some interactivity with Chloe there.
It's more of a balance thing. I wanted the events that required you to spend gold to have a higher payout than ones that were free. And of course there's books that only make sense to read in the coffeestore...:)

Hates: Time Limit. Usually I avoid games that use a time limit mechanic like the plague. if i've paid for a game I believe I should be able to take my time and experience everything whilst playing rather than being forced to try again next time if I missed some bits. Buying the large fire gem is really hard to do unless you're sacrificing everything else to get it. I would suggest letting players choose when to trigger the ending sequence for each act when the prereqs are met. if people want to enjoy your world and combat system for a bit longer then let them. Abrupt end dates when you've got things left to do is just frustrating.
Yeah, I've heard that one before. But since most of the core story is locked to hard dates on the timeline (and that will keep flowing forward), I can't just leave it open. Right now they're in the mid-term, so most of it seems continuous, but there'll be exams and stuff like that. The cleanest solution is likely the groundhog Load+ system, which allows you to keep reliving a day and doing non-calender stuff, then rejoin the time-stream when a new update is out.

In short - more world content and side events for characters to build friendships and personalities, more Elsewhere and lastly give players a workaround for the time limit thing if you're dead set on using it so people can choose to go with the flow or slow down and enjoy the journey.
Will do! :)

Also: "grisly details" not "grizzly details."
Fixed

Chriss475

Sep 6, 2017
Maybe have things you can do with excess gems? Combine multiple lower level gems to make a higher level one; trade them into the quartermaster for store credit; transmute them into "Groundhog Stones" or even use them to supply a newbie Evoker who is too clumsy to get them herself.

Reactions: DA22

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Maybe have things you can do with excess gems? Combine multiple lower level gems to make a higher level one; trade them into the quartermaster for store credit; transmute them into "Groundhog Stones" or even use them to supply a newbie Evoker who is too clumsy to get them herself.
Kinda what Katie did for us? :)

I'll build a system for trading back excess gems (probably just defined as "a gem where you've got more than one gem of a type that's not assigned to anything"). I might make it more complex than that, but now I's need a UI, and we'd find exciting new ways to break it :)

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Kinda what Katie did for us? :)

I'll build a system for trading back excess gems (probably just defined as "a gem where you've got more than one gem of a type that's not assigned to anything"). I might make it more complex than that, but now I's need a UI, and we'd find exciting new ways to break it :)
Well excess gems could be used for training your companions for example, like the Dylan-Emily scene you wrote. Possibly also for training MC himself, besides his power he seems woefully lacking in knowledge on Magic. Maybe have someone like Sarah that does not really like him give him extra lessons for gems or maybe a new character that is even more mercenary as Chloe pretends to be, could even be that Pixie helper he might run into. :p

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Well excess gems could be used for training your companions for example, like the Dylan-Emily scene you wrote. Possibly also for training MC himself, besides his power he seems woefully lacking in knowledge on Magic. Maybe have someone like Sarah that does not really like him give him extra lessons for gems or maybe a new character that is even more mercenary as Chloe pretends to be, could even be that Pixie helper he might run into. :p
Oh, Sarah will have her own reasons for giving him... extra lessons... if she ever finds out what Molly discovered.

Reactions: L30 and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Oh, Sarah will have her own reasons for giving him... extra lessons... if she ever finds out what Molly discovered.
Very true, but he will need some lessons as well sometimes from someone with powers like Erec has, Emily I could not ever imagine asking anything for that, but she is not close to that level and having her teachers help might be too dangerous.

Someone like Dylan would need specialized training that might not be easily available though for example, since battle healers have become rare. Just throwing something out there, that could fit or not.

Edit: Now of course the upgrades to The Crowley may well bring interesting characters in that might fit with that or not based upon your plans. :)

Last edited:

Ursu

Nov 20, 2017
Hi, Ursu;

Sure. What platform are you on? If you're on a PC or mac, could you zip up and send get me the savegame folder? On PC it's in
c:\users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic
Hi,
I cant play nothing, all black, i dont have any save. It wont start. Sorry
Right click the exe, pick properties, set admin mode and compatibility mode with Windows 7
Thank you !! i
I'll try and let you know

Ursu

Nov 20, 2017
Hi, Ursu;

Sure. What platform are you on? If you're on a PC or mac, could you zip up and send get me the savegame folder? On PC it's in
c:\users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic
Win10, but i dont have any save files since i cant play it, sorry

Ursu

Nov 20, 2017
Right click the exe, pick properties, set admin mode and compatibility mode with Windows 7
It dosent work, i've done all the changes you told me, nothing. I have Win10 64bit, 8 Gb RAam ddr4, Nvidia 970gtx, :) maybe the specs are to low :)
I'll delete all and download it again
Thank you again

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It dosent work, i've done all the changes you told me, nothing. I have Win10 64bit, 8 Gb RAam ddr4, Nvidia 970gtx, :) maybe the specs are to low :)
I'll delete all and download it again
Thank you again
No, those specs are fine. I'm on a windows10 with an NVIDIA card. Should work just fine. Sounds like it's quitting before it even starts, which is weird. I was hoping there was a log file or something, but if it exits before the game even begins, I suspect something's corrupted in the download. Get it again, unzip it to to a clean directory, try again.

Sayujiro

Aug 25, 2018
Yeah, I love it. And it has, as I always love to do, a double meaning embedded in it
thx so much for the YT. btw, "Whitesand - Eternity" is just as wonderful. might sound weird, but i REALLY am a sucker for (some selective) classical/instrumental music. now, after just listening to the music for about 15mins, i'll finally start the game^^ and if it's only half as good as the music, i'll love it.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes