Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Could I ask when the next update will be for this game as so want to know more how it will play out?
I'm working on Act III now. I'm probably around 1/4 in; I'd guess it'll be about 4 weeks from 2.5 (the Act II 'world update') to 3.0 (the Act III 'story update'), which would then be followed by a 3.5 (Act III 'world update', the Crowley restoration project).

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm working on Act III now. I'm probably around 1/4 in; I'd guess it'll be about 4 weeks from 2.5 (the Act II 'world update') to 3.0 (the Act III 'story update'), which would then be followed by a 3.5 (Act III 'world update', the Crowley restoration project).
Take the time you need to make it good and so that you are happy with it. Happy game devs are the best incentive for them to work on their game and that is in all our best interests.:) I can be impatiently patient for quite a while. :p

Edit: glad to see though that Hot coffee is in a minimal lead at the moment on your Patreon. Well guess you know how I voted. :p

Reactions: Droid Productions

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
I want to make the updates be real chunks of content. Splitting them in two (story vs content) lets me focus on different part of the development process; while I'm doing 'content' I usually keep the renderer running to fill up the pipeline of story images, then I go back and re-render / add additional scenes when I need them. Now I'm in the story-writing mode, so it's mostly focused on writing, then playing (and re-playing). I find dialog are a bit like wine, you have to sip a few times, try and see how it feels in the mouth. Then you rewrite the parts that feel flat, or didn't have the right personality.

I've usually got a scene in mind when I start, and so while doing core functionality coding I know roughly what renders I'll need. But occasionally the characters will override me; Act II's ending is an example.

panties.png

It was supposed to be a simple scene where you flirt shamelessly with Emily, and in the end convince her to hand you her panties. I had a devil of a time getting panties that behaved realistically (documented here), this was one of the final test-renders before doing the final thing (I'm still not happy with the lighting here, and Emily's hand blends too much with her face). Then while getting the savegames set up to write / test the dialog, it just so happened that Molly's end-act event (which was back then free-floating) triggered the night before the date.

The end result was the end of Act II as it stands. I think it's a stronger date, and a better story evolution for Emily. It doesn't change the overall arch, but it shifts around what happens when, and makes her interactions with Molly better in Act III.

So... it's less science than art. Kinda like downhill skiing, there are posts they've got to meet, but I let them pick their own path between those posts.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I want to make the updates be real chunks of content. Splitting them in two (story vs content) lets me focus on different part of the development process; while I'm doing 'content' I usually keep the renderer running to fill up the pipeline of story images, then I go back and re-render / add additional scenes when I need them. Now I'm in the story-writing mode, so it's mostly focused on writing, then playing (and re-playing). I find dialog are a bit like wine, you have to sip a few times, try and see how it feels in the mouth. Then you rewrite the parts that feel flat, or didn't have the right personality.

I've usually got a scene in mind when I start, and so while doing core functionality coding I know roughly what renders I'll need. But occasionally the characters will override me; Act II's ending is an example.

View attachment 537818

It was supposed to be a simple scene where you flirt shamelessly with Emily, and in the end convince her to hand you her panties. I had a devil of a time getting panties that behaved realistically (documented here), this was one of the final test-renders before doing the final thing (I'm still not happy with the lighting here, and Emily's hand blends too much with her face). Then while getting the savegames set up to write / test the dialog, it just so happened that Molly's end-act event (which was back then free-floating) triggered the night before the date.

The end result was the end of Act II as it stands. I think it's a stronger date, and a better story evolution for Emily. It doesn't change the overall arch, but it shifts around what happens when, and makes her interactions with Molly better in Act III.

So... it's less science than art. Kinda like downhill skiing, there are posts they've got to meet, but I let them pick their own path between those posts.
It was common for ladies to give their knights some cloth as good luck... but panties? That's unheard of

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It was common for ladies to give their knights some cloth as good luck... but panties? That's unheard of
She's trapped in a lewd destiny, and it's driving all of the before it. I think the final ending for Act II was better, but I do miss the whole "handing off the panties" sequence. As a small compensation I reused the (barely stable) dynamic panties in this sexting email, which shows up in Act III (Date V). And yes, when you play the game, you want to buy her that (optional) lingerie. Trust me on this.

photo_4.png

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
She's trapped in a lewd destiny, and it's driving all of the before it. I think the final ending for Act II was better, but I do miss the whole "handing off the panties" sequence. As a small compensation I reused the (barely stable) dynamic panties in this sexting email, which shows up in Act III (Date V). And yes, when you play the game, you want to buy her that (optional) lingerie. Trust me on this.

View attachment 537836
As if I didn't have enough money problems already......

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
In your 2.5 'World refresh', will you include some player-guidance mechanism? If so, I'd certainly go back and have another play-through in preparation for Act III. I just don't want to miss half the game this time around. I'd cry!

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
In your 2.5 'World refresh', will you include some player-guidance mechanism? If so, I'd certainly go back and have another play-through in preparation for Act III. I just don't want to miss half the game this time around. I'd cry!
Use the walkthrough and you miss less and keep checking the portal after the second evocation lesson, think it opens in weekend. I missed also quite a lot first time, but that experience helped me to see where I needed to focus.

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
2.5 world refresh is last week's update :) So.... possibly not this time. It's a tradeoff; there's places I can hint better, but I also want it to be a *game*. I do need to add an in-game hint system. In the meantime, there's an .

Ursu

Nov 20, 2017
Hy guys !! i cant play, after Unity screen a get a black one and nothing happends after. Can someone help me ??
Thank you !!

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Actually the samurai did that, but vice versa.
When they went to war they left their women a kind of sweaty underwear piece of cloth with their scrotum smell.

Reactions: DA22

Thora

Jan 2, 2018
This is an interesting game concept. I like the story - there is a good cohesive lore, and while most of it is fairly predictable, and progress quite quickly, it remains enjoyable. The RPG elements and battle system does add depth and interest to the game.

Sadly I'm really not a fan of card games, and the mini game becomes quickly repetitive while being essential to character and story development. This is the main reason I don't plan to financially support or play the game again.

Here are a few notes/ideas I've jolted down while playing the game which hopefully may help out.
- Cards keep getting mixed up possibly when I use discard - you end up having multiple copies of old and new cards overlapped on top of each others. I suspect this is a timing issue between the card hint system and the discard function.
- On Day 10 (ish?), the day you have a date with the princess to go in elsewhere, if you go in the portal to farm xp in the morning, when you come back it assumes you completed the princess date, and you miss the entire scene with the lake lady.
- I haven't found a way to sell/replace my old gems. Having an 'economy' there would help. Being able to enchant (or use an enchanter), or craft by fusing gems into more powerful ones would both add activities the player can do, and create a use for all levels of gems.
- It would be nice if equipment / armor could also be upgraded with gems.
- The RPG elements are fairly limited - STR for HP, INT for a boost in XP and CHA for character checks and cooldowns. Since a lot of the game is about fighting, having more stats and more effects would be great. For example, INT could influence gem/spell effects, adding a speed stat would directly affect cooldown, etc.
- Right now leveling character just gives you more stat points - would be great to unlock powers/abilities this way too.
- Going into elsewhere would be more interesting if the MC could progress within it - travelling further in would raise the difficulty of monsters, and allow better treasure find. It would be like exploring levels of a dungeon, etc.
- As the character levels up, it would be great if the 'luck' aspects of the mini game would become less important - perhaps by providing the player with better cards, etc.
- One idea that the story already hints at is that different magic school uses a different metaphor to battle magic - the MC uses pokers while one character uses a bejewel type match game. This could be a way to provide different minigames for different magic schools, and the MC could choose/master them all.
- Only had the game crash to desktop once, but couldn't find a crash log or repeatable steps.

Overall great job and good luck with the game!

-T-

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
Hy guys !! i cant play, after Unity screen a get a black one and nothing happends after. Can someone help me ??
Thank you !!
Hi, Ursu;

Sure. What platform are you on? If you're on a PC or mac, could you zip up and send get me the savegame folder? On PC it's in
c:\users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Droid Productions\Love of Magic

Reactions: DA22 and L30

Droid Productions

[Love of Magic]
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
This is an interesting game concept. I like the story - there is a good cohesive lore, and while most of it is fairly predictable, and progress quite quickly, it remains enjoyable. The RPG elements and battle system does add depth and interest to the game.

Sadly I'm really not a fan of card games, and the mini game becomes quickly repetitive while being essential to character and story development. This is the main reason I don't plan to financially support or play the game again.
No worries. I added the automatic play system for people who aren't into the minigame, but I understand that cards turn off some people. Sadly it is, as you say, it does become quite important to character progression, so at some point you do need to go play poker.

Here are a few notes/ideas I've jolted down while playing the game which hopefully may help out.
- Cards keep getting mixed up possibly when I use discard - you end up having multiple copies of old and new cards overlapped on top of each others. I suspect this is a timing issue between the card hint system and the discard function.
- On Day 10 (ish?), the day you have a date with the princess to go in elsewhere, if you go in the portal to farm xp in the morning, when you come back it assumes you completed the princess date, and you miss the entire scene with the lake lady.
- I haven't found a way to sell/replace my old gems. Having an 'economy' there would help. Being able to enchant (or use an enchanter), or craft by fusing gems into more powerful ones would both add activities the player can do, and create a use for all levels of gems.
- It would be nice if equipment / armor could also be upgraded with gems.
- The RPG elements are fairly limited - STR for HP, INT for a boost in XP and CHA for character checks and cooldowns. Since a lot of the game is about fighting, having more stats and more effects would be great. For example, INT could influence gem/spell effects, adding a speed stat would directly affect cooldown, etc.
- Right now leveling character just gives you more stat points - would be great to unlock powers/abilities this way too.
- Going into elsewhere would be more interesting if the MC could progress within it - travelling further in would raise the difficulty of monsters, and allow better treasure find. It would be like exploring levels of a dungeon, etc.
- As the character levels up, it would be great if the 'luck' aspects of the mini game would become less important - perhaps by providing the player with better cards, etc.
- One idea that the story already hints at is that different magic school uses a different metaphor to battle magic - the MC uses pokers while one character uses a bejewel type match game. This could be a way to provide different minigames for different magic schools, and the MC could choose/master them all.
- Only had the game crash to desktop once, but couldn't find a crash log or repeatable steps.
Thanks for the bug report, I'm filing it in the bug-tracker now. Selling unused gems (to the quartermaster) is planned for the next release. Elsewhere will expand based on player level, so the idea is that as you level up the world expands and you find higher level monsters. The character upgrade path isn't tied to levels, but to story; Katie's true, flawless fire gem being a typical example of how it's planned for everyone.

As for luck; the skills of sorceresses focus on luck and probability. Once you have Chloe and Molly in your team (Act III) they'll be able to manipulate the cards and your hand.

Reactions: DA22 and L30
4.60 star(s) 258 Votes