hoshimota

Sep 18, 2023
Anyone got any idea when the next update gona be?
I dunno but I found this one a few months ago, played through the content or most of it anyways, I always tend to lose interest when I start hitting too many of the "oops no more content here for x content/thing/scene/whatever" barriers... then I will come back in a few months and check for substantial updates.

Anyways it seems like it's been a while now, but I have no idea what is normal for this game. I think it's insane for any dev to not be putting out updates monthly or at least QUARTERLY but there are some on here that do a couple times a year and get away with it so.... *shrug*

Sep 27, 2022
I dunno but I found this one a few months ago, played through the content or most of it anyways, I always tend to lose interest when I start hitting too many of the "oops no more content here for x content/thing/scene/whatever" barriers... then I will come back in a few months and check for substantial updates.

Anyways it seems like it's been a while now, but I have no idea what is normal for this game. I think it's insane for any dev to not be putting out updates monthly or at least QUARTERLY but there are some on here that do a couple times a year and get away with it so.... *shrug*
Yeah thats the thing i think i played like 0.8.3 version before i had to reset my pc, and now im getting around playing this again, i see its been about 2 months since last update so thought maybe if next update gonna be soon ill just wait. was looking around the web they have a reddit and twitter channel but it has low engagement or next to nothing. welps just gonna wait a bit longer i guess.

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019

Typically there is an update about every month or every other month on patreon. Public release is not until about when the next update is released for patrons. 0.8.3, 0.8.4, 0.8.5, 0.8.6, and 0.9.0 have all been released this year so far. You can also check progress reports posted on patreon for free every other week that will talk about what the next update will entail. Sometimes updates take a little longer because of the amount of story or renders to make.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoshimota

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
Yeah thats the thing i think i played like 0.8.3 version before i had to reset my pc, and now im getting around playing this again, i see its been about 2 months since last update so thought maybe if next update gonna be soon ill just wait. was looking around the web they have a reddit and twitter channel but it has low engagement or next to nothing. welps just gonna wait a bit longer i guess.
Yeah there is a reddit and twitter page that will post some stuff. Patreon will post progress reports for free that will explain what the next update will have and its progress. Normally reddit and twitter pages will post links to it too. There is also a wiki page as well.

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
cause 0.8.7 was to be the Halloween update with Luna content, but i mixed that with Yui's new content on 0.9 hahaha
Hey question about saves. I backed up my saves prior to all this beta releases here, Becasue when the beta came out no saves worked. Today I downloaded from Itch the non beta v0.8.61 for PC. deleted the saves folder in appdata roaming, and copied my bakup over so I wouldnt have to play 50 hours over again. saves still dont work, why is that? i really dont want to play that much again, with the grind of climbing the mountain stairs

rook6332

Aug 24, 2018
I do not know how to further progress in the story. When I check my Relations there is nothing to do for me anymore unless I continue with Yui's Story. But I do not know how to continue the story. Really, I have done every event that was possible with every character so far. I'm on day 95 and I haven't even unlocked Mary or the Shogukuni Location. Is there somewhere some sort of guide for the main story?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I do not know how to further progress in the story. When I check my Relations there is nothing to do for me anymore unless I continue with Yui's Story. But I do not know how to continue the story. Really, I have done every event that was possible with every character so far. I'm on day 95 and I haven't even unlocked Mary or the Shogukuni Location. Is there somewhere some sort of guide for the main story?
What does Yui's questlog say you should do?

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
Hey question about saves. I backed up my saves prior to all this beta releases here, Becasue when the beta came out no saves worked. Today I downloaded from Itch the non beta v0.8.61 for PC. deleted the saves folder in appdata roaming, and copied my bakup over so I wouldnt have to play 50 hours over again. saves still dont work, why is that? i really dont want to play that much again, with the grind of climbing the mountain stairs
Well your saves will carry over on PC. You shouldn't need to back up your saves since it will still be saved on your computer unless you deleted them. They are stored in the appdata folder on your computer so if you delete the game they will still be there. This happens with all renpy games. If you deleted the saves but at least backed them up, then I would start a new save and save it. There should be the folder made again and transfer your saves in that folder and hopefully that helps.

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
Yes, underneath the hearts is a text box that will tell you what to do next for a girl's main story. If it says for example like "Talk to her at noon" then that means go to where they are at noon at chat with them XD but if it says "Work in progress" that means the story is caught up for the current version.

On the right side under the "Events" tab will be different extra activities you can do with the girls too. If it says "available" then that means that event has something you can do. If it said "Unavailable" then that means you need to continue the main story to unlock more. If it says "repeatable" that means you can repeat the event again to see.

As with Mary, continue the main story for Maxy and you will find her. For the Shogukuni Location you need to continue Yui's main story. If you haven't seen her yet go to the beach, and she will be in your room at nights. Hopefully that helps.

Reactions: Cartageno

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
Well your saves will carry over on PC. You shouldn't need to back up your saves since it will still be saved on your computer unless you deleted them. They are stored in the appdata folder on your computer so if you delete the game they will still be there. This happens with all renpy games. If you deleted the saves but at least backed them up, then I would start a new save and save it. There should be the folder made again and transfer your saves in that folder and hopefully that helps.
no, it didnt. I tried that beta before when it first came here. I reformatted my PC so I had backed up my saves to another drive.

before I reformatted I installed the Beta version, and saves didnt work. I said that earlier on in this thread. people said "betas so of course it doesnt work"

I waited for a long time, found the full version of 0.8.6 on Itch and installed it, fully deleted the folder for saves and put the backed up one there, still didnt work. the Beta broke my save games and even a backup wont work

rook6332

Aug 24, 2018
Yes, underneath the hearts is a text box that will tell you what to do next for a girl's main story. If it says for example like "Talk to her at noon" then that means go to where they are at noon at chat with them XD but if it says "Work in progress" that means the story is caught up for the current version.

On the right side under the "Events" tab will be different extra activities you can do with the girls too. If it says "available" then that means that event has something you can do. If it said "Unavailable" then that means you need to continue the main story to unlock more. If it says "repeatable" that means you can repeat the event again to see.

As with Mary, continue the main story for Maxy and you will find her. For the Shogukuni Location you need to continue Yui's main story. If you haven't seen her yet go to the beach, and she will be in your room at nights. Hopefully that helps.
I did all the Chat Events previously with Yui and I never realized that "Talk to her" simply means to chat again with her. Well thank for the help!

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
no, it didnt. I tried that beta before when it first came here. I reformatted my PC so I had backed up my saves to another drive.

before I reformatted I installed the Beta version, and saves didnt work. I said that earlier on in this thread. people said "betas so of course it doesnt work"

I waited for a long time, found the full version of 0.8.6 on Itch and installed it, fully deleted the folder for saves and put the backed up one there, still didnt work. the Beta broke my save games and even a backup wont work
Yeah messing with the appdata folder is tricky because issues like that could happen if not done properly. I remember your post and saves didn't work for that update was because of a renpy issue. A renpy update messed up the saves so it had to be reverted back one to fix it, but it was released here prior to that when it shouldn't have. Any save before that update will still work. Betas are the bug fixes of the Alpha version so they are fine but the Public release has everything up to date.

Deleting the folder isn't a good idea since that could revert some stuff, but if you have everything backed up as you say, then start a new save and save it. Then go to that folder and place your backed up saves in that folder. Restart the game and load a save that was prior to that update and see if it loads.

Reactions: zeldagamernl

zeldagamernl

Jan 29, 2022
Yeah messing with the appdata folder is tricky because issues like that could happen if not done properly. I remember your post and saves didn't work for that update was because of a renpy issue. A renpy update messed up the saves so it had to be reverted back one to fix it, but it was released here prior to that when it shouldn't have. Any save before that update will still work. Betas are the bug fixes of the Alpha version so they are fine but the Public release has everything up to date.

Deleting the folder isn't a good idea since that could revert some stuff, but if you have everything backed up as you say, then start a new save and save it. Then go to that folder and place your backed up saves in that folder. Restart the game and load a save that was prior to that update and see if it loads.
nope nothing works, so very aggravating, tons of hours down the drain. I tried this, but above, it seemed to add 2 saves in page 8 for some reason, nothing before that and nothing after. very weird if you ask me. Then i loaded it, error screen, clicked ignore and it started back at put in a name.

I don't know what the problem was, or is, just sucks I lost ALL my progress and backed up saves don't do anything either. I don't blame you at all. I actually love this game and will play it again because I like it, I know just next time no matter what I need the same version as the saves, and NO alphas or betas for me lol...Thanks for trying to help though

• Sad
Reactions: Stawer

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
nope nothing works, so very aggravating, tons of hours down the drain. I tried this, but above, it seemed to add 2 saves in page 8 for some reason, nothing before that and nothing after. very weird if you ask me. Then i loaded it, error screen, clicked ignore and it started back at put in a name.

I don't know what the problem was, or is, just sucks I lost ALL my progress and backed up saves don't do anything either. I don't blame you at all. I actually love this game and will play it again because I like it, I know just next time no matter what I need the same version as the saves, and NO alphas or betas for me lol...Thanks for trying to help though
Would you mind sharing one of your backups here? I'm no RenPy expert but I can take a look and see what's going on

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017

oh shit, im so sorry for that :(

sometimes internal errors occur that I don't understand with renpy when compiling alphas

Reactions: zeldagamernl
4.50 star(s) 102 Votes