AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I'm sorry that this bug has ruined your game experience, but this is an alpha version that shouldn't be released until it's more polished...
Bullshit, i really like this game, even if is bugged, i don't care, people need to learn what is alpha or beta, if you download somenting in alpha of course there will some kind of bug or crash, damn, even finished products have bugs or crash, the good news is NEW UPDATE. Also thanks Stawer for this update.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
If you open the door early (thanks to the wild bug that appeared), it is very confusing what happens...

There is no time travel.

Yui doesn't come from the future.

I'm sorry that this bug has ruined your game experience, but this is an alpha version that shouldn't be released until it's more polished...
It wasn't the bug that killed it to say. It's the interactions with the characters in itself. I don't feel no real need to read what's being said. So far the only character i like is the mad little french lady. I mostly gloss over almost everything being said when two characters interact because i feel like what they're saying to each other isn't important. I mean knowing that someone is dead doesn't kill it for me. I'm just lost on where you want to take these characters and why they inter act that way.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
Bullshit, i really like this game, even if is bugged, i don't care, people need to learn what is alpha or beta, if you download somenting in alpha of course there will some kind of bug or crash, damn, even finished products have bugs or crash, the good news is NEW UPDATE. Also thanks Stawer for this update.
I don't think you got what i was saying...
*Woof*

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexTorch

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I don't think you got what i was saying...
*Woof*
Maybe because i was not responding to you (sorry if i was rude) but i was talking to Stawer about him telling that was an alpha and that he shouldn't be released until it's more polished.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
That's only Prim and Maxy that call him that while the rest of the characters call you by your name. Also if you payed attention to the story you would know why prim calls him doggie as it is a nickname anton gave you and told prim to call you that. He also wears dog tags if you didn't notice. You can also have prim call you by your actual name later, but she calls you doggie to tease you and it is part of her playful character. So I don't understand where you think there is no point where characters do call you by your real name.

During the scene in anton's room there is tension, ominous, and spooky feeling since you are speaking to really powerful god like beings of the mayor and sasha. It builds up to the point where something feels like something bad will happen and then it crashes. It is supposed to have a spooky impact that I feel lands the mark.

Can you elaborate how you don't feel attached to the game? You go through characters stories and build relationships with them. You are supposed to build care and interest to the characters while relating to their stories. I feel all the characters are interesting with great personalities and there should be at least one you can attach to because there should be one that fits your taste. Also confused what you mean on the characters being detached from reality. I think they all have their own goals and issues that is relatable and interesting.

While you are entitled to your opinion I question some of your points
You don't find it strange how they talk to each other? Am i the only one who thought Yui has some kind of insight to the past or future or is just broken in some why due to how she talks? And i get that Doggie and Lucky are nick names but what friend nicknames a friend Doggie? Was he a pet? Does he have pet like actions?
As far as detachment goes, who specks to their friends or people in general how these characters do? As for the whole talk within the room i didn't feel like we where talking to some god-like being. I felt like we just got information i didn't care for. Anton is a good man for giving his life. but why should i care? I have to attachment to anton. As a matter of fact i don't even what to question what being mayor is all about.
But hey maybe i should keep what i think to myself. It's just a thought, it doesn't matter right?

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
You don't find it strange how they talk to each other? Am i the only one who thought Yui has some kind of insight to the past or future or is just broken in some why due to how she talks? And i get that Doggie and Lucky are nick names but what friend nicknames a friend Doggie? Was he a pet? Does he have pet like actions?
As far as detachment goes, who specks to their friends or people in general how these characters do? As for the whole talk within the room i didn't feel like we where talking to some god-like being. I felt like we just got information i didn't care for. Anton is a good man for giving his life. but why should i care? I have to attachment to anton. As a matter of fact i don't even what to question what being mayor is all about.
But hey maybe i should keep what i think to myself. It's just a thought, it doesn't matter right?
Oh boy, you don't have any idea of what kind of nickname people give, and should probaly be because of his dog tags or to make him angry. Yes Yui was strange, but now i undestand why, but of course, we will know a lot more of her as her story develop, for now, what we know that she also have powers and that she know lucky and love him. Also about talking, it deppends where you live, i have a good friend that we always talk shit to earch other. The mayor is not some kind of "god being" he is just a "guardian" of 2 worlds. And about anton you see, they are raised together, almost like brothers, so is just like your brother give his live for some stupid shit that you have done. And about keep for youself, well, i cannot help with that, of course you can open youself here, but one thing i can tell you, the dev is really nice, and i can tell you that every good criticism is welcome. The only thing that never help is someone telling "hey, your game is a piece of shit" or "i don't like it" if you go and tell why is somenting that you don't like, or what kind of the history don't make sense, that help.

Last edited:

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
I don't know what to say... Maybe it's not a game for you...

But I will try to explain some things and why the bug ruins the experience, in my opinion...

Yui is a girl who is broken ... if you advance her story, you discover that she has many responsibilities, suffers abuse from her peers and has always been very lonely (Her only partner has been Kaede, but she's also her rival)... She can see things that others can't, because she's a Nova, and that also makes her one of the four possible candidates to replace the mayor of Argleton.

She doesn't see the future or the past, something Sasha can do, but she knows about the main character, if it is explained later in the story.

You don't care about Anton's death because of how shocking he was. You care about everything else... What does that mean for each of the girls? How will Prim react to losing her brother? What will happen to Yui if you're another candidate and an antagonist in her story? What does Sasha want to achieve? How does that affect Maxy and Mary?

The crash is important too: Since, with that, the mayor is keeping Lucky from finding out the truth... But you as a player know the truth and so does Sasha. From that moment the glow Sasha talks about covers the background of the mainmenu, you can see other things. The real story is activated.

About Doggie, it doesn't matter at this point, I don't think you'll find the story interesting, I don't want you to waste your time playing something that's not worth it :(

Last edited:

MasterWizard1

Jul 31, 2019
No your opinion does matter it is just that I disagree with it. You can speak what you think but just be open to other thoughts as well. I don't think it is really strange at all. They all are different when Prim is more caring, thoughtful, and understanding. Maxy is very loving, Layla is extremely smart, Charlotte is talented, Yui is caring, and Sasha is observant. They all have various personalities and have different ways of communicating. Most of them have goals that they want to achieve and only Prim you are already close to. All the other girls you are starting new friendships with while also further building your relationship with Prim. I think everyone is different and has their own way of talking to people. Everyone is weird in someway to other people.

Yeah yui does speak one word sentences but that is part of her character if you don't like that then that's completely fine. I am not saying you have to love them all, but with yui I think it is interesting in what her powers are and why is she controlled by felucia. Yui isn't my favorite but I am at least invested in her story and interested in what comes out of it.

Well Anton is your best friend and best friends like to fuck with you so that is essentially what he was doing. It was a joke because of the dog tags he wears around his neck. Both of which have names of important people that you appreciate very much. Anton tried to mess with you calling you doggie and told his sister Prim to start calling you that to screw with you. You also came up with a name for Anton by calling him Ant. I mean I'm not sure how else I can describe it since I knew friends in my life that would give each other nicknames too. This is one of these cases but your best friend did it to mess with you and you do not like it.

Well I can kind understand since you haven't seen Anton at all, but you should care enough to the point that it is the protagonist goal of finding his best friend Anton and a lot of moments up to that point in the room build up to that. It makes it more heart breaking knowing what actually happens. Just put yourself in his shoes and imagine you are desperately trying to find your best friend only to find out he sacrificed his life to keep you alive and now you have no idea what to do with yourself. With the mayor there is some dialogue up to that point that explains the mayor has a lot of power. It is described at one point of him of an angel like being. There are also several moments where he is talking inside your mind. Thats some freaky power to me.

Stawer

Lucky Paradox
Game Developer
Jun 6, 2017
What are the max stats/popularity?
They're infinite for now.

They go up quickly to 50 (5 by 5) and then to 80 (3 by 3) after that, it increases by one, except with Mary, which increases by 2, but it's a random attribute. but I still don't have a balance of that whole system.

When I play I usually raise Charisma, Knowledge or Creativity to 50 and I have money left over for everything xD

It's like a "happy" version of real life :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: AlexTorch

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
And i get that Doggie and Lucky are nick names but what friend nicknames a friend Doggie? Was he a pet? Does he have pet like actions?
Much of your stuff has been answered multiple times - which doesn't make your opinion invalid, as somebody rightly pointed out - but I wanted to chime in on this.

My friends do. Respectively did. I have a pretty decent collection of former nicknames, unlike in the game none of them really stuck because I have a pretty unique and two-syllable real name. Once I was called Jesus in my early 20s - long hair, full beard, loose clothing. But "Doggy" was one of them. It all started with my driving instructor calling me "Doc" in front of others, because I knew so much, almost everything (in that specific teenager way of not really knowing anything at all), and then it turned into "Doc-i" to make it two syllables, which is common for calling people here - longer names will get shortened, shorter names amended. Slurred into "Doggy". Granted, not an English speaking country, so while we knew what "Doggy" meant, there were a couple jokes about it, but since it isn't an everyday word here it mostly was just a name.

And there've been loads of other nicknames back in the day. Especially if your name was kind of a group description (our equivalent of Matthew existed multiple times in almost any group) you - actually your friends - had to come up with pretty unique names so people knew who you were talking to. And at some point many of them weren't even closely related to their origin at all, morphing until they were unique.

Last edited:

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019
My favorite character and you took her away from me. I miss Maxy so much :cry:. I need my kitty back.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stawer

s4msepi0l

Jun 20, 2017
Gonna wait for the bug fix, game keeps sending me to the last story line even though I'm playing from an old save and am very far from this update's story

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Seeing that it is the alpha version i'll rather wait, especially since my saves are magically gone and i have to start a new game again. :sneaky:

goodshroudy

Oct 28, 2018
No bugs, just comments.

I have the 4.0.2 version currently, and have been absolutely blown away by this game. Great story, great renders, great animations, great story, great suspense, great characters, great story. I haven't finished all the content of this version yet, and I hear there are possibly some bugs still with the new version so I'm gonna finish on here (giggity) first then I'll make extra saves to keep it separate until stable.

This is the first time I've played a Ren'Py game that was this long, this flushed out, this quality, and this (there's no better word for it) addictive on the first version I downloaded. Seriously, absolutely great job. Keep the updates coming, you are a Mayor with what you've done on this game!

4.50 star(s) 102 Votes