Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
I too am working on the translation now.. Its painstaking work, as the script is unwieldy and cumbersome. I completed 2 files out of the 41 that need translation, but its more like 2% work done. I am hoping nyrawin and I can collaborate to finish faster.

Reactions: RHFlash and Lena87

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
I too am working on the translation now.. Its painstaking work, as the script is unwieldy and cumbersome. I completed 2 files out of the 41 that need translation, but its more like 2% work done. I am hoping @nyrawin and I can collaborate to finish faster.
Good luck to you as well

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
nyrawin and I are collaborating now. we had our first call last night (my night, his morning) hopefully between work and life we both will be able to flesh it out before the new version. will keep y'all posted. We both are doing this as a hobby, so please be patient :p

plohih

Jun 14, 2019
Разработчикам респект. Если не сложно намекните какой последний эпизод в 1.2 а то похоже я все прошел ???

CognitiveBonkers

Jun 10, 2018
nyrawin and I are collaborating now. we had our first call last night (my night, his morning) hopefully between work and life we both will be able to flesh it out before the new version. will keep y'all posted. We both are doing this as a hobby, so please be patient :p
Would you guys be open to additional assistance with this project? If I can be of any help with translating this , please shoot me a message.

Reactions: Omniel

nyrawin

Dec 3, 2020
Update on LC 1.2 translation

The game contains 39,939 dialogue blocks, containing 246,465 words and
1,687,577 characters, for an average of 6.2 words and 42 characters per block.

The english translation contains 39,939 dialogue blocks, containing 28,980
words and 183,571 characters, for an average of 0.7 words and 5 characters per
block.

28,980/246,465 = 11,75% done

Only my work so far, I've yet to add the changes made by Dgunslinger in my game. Plus, english lines are usually shorter in terms of words count and the script doesn't account for text used outside of dialogues and menus like the girls' hints.

All in all, we're probably a bit further than 12% done. And with CognitiveBonkers joining the team with actual russian knowledge, things should get easier from now on.

Next update next week, I guess ?

See ya.

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
nyrawin You guys are making good progress; thank you again. Would it be easy for you guys to greatly increase the number of save slots? In 0.9 the replay gallery didn’t work right or have all the scenes, so I just used save files to replay those scenes. However, I am completely out of save slots. I’m hoping it would just be a quick and easy change but I don’t know.

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
nyrawin You guys are making good progress; thank you again. Would it be easy for you guys to greatly increase the number of save slots? In 0.9 the replay gallery didn’t work right or have all the scenes, so I just used save files to replay those scenes. However, I am completely out of save slots. I’m hoping it would just be a quick and easy change but I don’t know.

Technically, the number of save slots is not limited in Ren'py As per this. are you getting any errors? I will check the code if there is any limits put in there.

Reactions: RHFlash

nyrawin

Dec 3, 2020
Yeah, infinite (or at least until max integer I guess) saves like Dgunslinger says.

Press the ">"button next to the 9 in the saves pages and you'll get to page 10. You can keep going indefinitely like this.

The UI will only give you quick access to page 1 to 9 but you can manually go beyond that with the ">" button.

Don't recall if that was a problem in 0.9 but when I started working on the 1.2 version, I noticed that even this button had to be translated somehow and it was invisible in english until I gave it a translation. (like so : russian : ">" / english : ">")

If you don't see the button, it might just be invisible, try to click to the right of the "9".

Last edited:
Reactions: RHFlash

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
Yeah, infinite (or at least until max integer I guess) saves like Dgunslinger says.

Press the ">"button next to the 9 in the saves pages and you'll get to page 10. You can keep going indefinitely like this.

The UI will only give you quick access to page 1 to 9 but you can manually go beyond that with the ">" button.

Don't recall if that was a problem in 0.9 but when I started working on the 1.2 version, I noticed that even this button had to be translated somehow and it was invisible in english until I gave it a translation. (like so : russian : ">" / english : ">")

If you don't see the button, it might just be invisible, try to click to the right of the "9".

Yes checked the 0.9 code. There does not seem to be any limitation.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: RHFlash and nyrawin

RHFlash

Apr 4, 2018
nyrawin Dgunslinger Oh snap! You guys are awesome! Yeah I just had to click the arrow. I saw the 9 as the last number in the save slot list and I just assumed you couldn't go any further. Thanks a lot both of you. That actually solves a bunch of problems; I was over here trying to prioritize scenes on a bunch of these games

Dgunslinger

Feb 4, 2021
nyrawin Dgunslinger Oh snap! You guys are awesome! Yeah I just had to click the arrow. I saw the 9 as the last number in the save slot list and I just assumed you couldn't go any further. Thanks a lot both of you. That actually solves a bunch of problems; I was over here trying to prioritize scenes on a bunch of these games
Glad to be of help.. We all learn something new everyday :) enjoy your new found freedom!
just remember.. with great save space comes great irresponsibility :ROFLMAO:

4.90 star(s) 7 Votes