stevenfire

Dec 28, 2022
He(not the developer, the player you've replied to) should pay you so you can think about listing bugs?
if you're going to tell me to "list them up so they can be passed on to devs" I'm going to tell you to pay me because I don't work for you. I don't care if he's the dev or not either way sir

The Butler

May 3, 2017
if you're going to tell me to "list them up so they can be passed on to devs" I'm going to tell you to pay me because I don't work for you. I don't care if he's the dev or not either way sir
That's what feedback is though.

Let's say you buy a hotdog from new new company, and someone ask you, how does it taste like ?
Will you just say "Pay me, so I will tell you what's wrong with it." ?
> "Oh there is a list of things I don't like about X game and I hope they fix it."
> "Oh what do we need to fix?"
> "Pay me and I tell you"

Same thing.
If everyone thinks like that, nothing will improve and no one will know on what to improve.

Last edited:

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
"this car is not in a good condition, it needs repairs"
"sure, just exactly what needs fixing?"
"if you pay me I'll think about telling"

Apr 18, 2020
How to be a self-centered selfish user whom complains about bugs yet doesn't say what bug it is

You : "Doctor, I'm feeling awful."
Doctor : "Okay, describe your issue you're having."
You : "Why should I tell you? Pay me, I don't care if you're the doctor or not either way sir"

Been playing for over 200+ hours and I have yet encounter a single game breaking bug aside from Pure Skill issue on unable to understand how the game works and refuse to understand

Purple_Heart

Engaged Member
Oct 15, 2021
Been playing for over 200+ hours and I have yet encounter a single game breaking bug aside from Pure Skill issue on unable to understand how the game works and refuse to understand
I don't have that many hours but I didn't encounter a single game breaking but either.
I don't remember encountering a single bug, small or big, at all. All the things I was confused about were due to lack of my knowledge + lack of tutorials in the game. But it might be simply the case of me just not remembering it. It has been quite sometime since the last time I've played this game. I think game was at version 0.16 or 0.15.

Apr 18, 2020
I don't have that many hours but I didn't encounter a single game breaking but either.
I don't remember encountering a single bug, small or big, at all. All the things I was confused about were due to lack of my knowledge + lack of tutorials in the game. But it might be simply the case of me just not remembering it. It has been quite sometime since the last time I've played this game. I think game was at version 0.16 or 0.15.
This game somehow got a rep of being "Not New player friendly" due to lack of "how-to" in-game and guides are really something that requires here if you don't want to miss out while playing to the current WIP location

That "Not New player friendly" can also be apply to Minecraft or any Open world Survival games out there honestly
And that's the fun of it, you figure things out as you play or you enter a forum such as this one to talk about
If it wasn't for John8r9's collected guides, I would never had known about some tiny details on my own for sure, specially the most recent one on "Elite bigfoot" which requires you to feed Bigfoot "People" instead of normal food
You would think that's just another food taming option but it's not, and that's what surprise me that there is a difference on it.

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
pay me and I'll think about it
look, you haven't posted a asspic for me to judge if you are worth it, my country exports prime beef like sayuri mattar and that wagyu beef tier costs 50$ here, you have big competition for me to even consider opening my wallet :KappaPride:

This game somehow got a rep of being "Not New player friendly" due to lack of "how-to" in-game and guides are really something that requires here if you don't want to miss out while playing to the current WIP location

That "Not New player friendly" can also be apply to Minecraft or any Open world Survival games out there honestly
And that's the fun of it, you figure things out as you play or you enter a forum such as this one to talk about
If it wasn't for John8r9's collected guides, I would never had known about some tiny details on my own for sure, specially the most recent one on "Elite bigfoot" which requires you to feed Bigfoot "People" instead of normal food
You would think that's just another food taming option but it's not, and that's what surprise me that there is a difference on it.
it's good that john already went thru the issue of joining the discord, all of the game info is there but discord is just a terrible place overall outside quick chatting, i read once that it's where information goes to die and that is hella accurate since searching anything in that damned place is hard, add in the japanese language thing and it gets much worse.

Denkader

Aug 13, 2024
Ladies and gentlemen, we got ourselves a troll.

Oh, and by the way, just to hit the nail on the head a bit more:

"Waiter, I want to eat at your restaurant."
"Of course, sir. What would you like to eat?"
"You know what? Pay me and I'll consider whether I'll tell you or not."

Alright then.

FredBrico

Jun 23, 2019
Is there a command or a mod to either spawn in npcs of a certain level or increase the level of the world mobs? I can do a raid with totems but that doesn't work for getting a lot of npcs.

dinopara

Apr 1, 2021
Is there a command or a mod to either spawn in npcs of a certain level or increase the level of the world mobs? I can do a raid with totems but that doesn't work for getting a lot of npcs.
not really no, you could try going to upper areas of the map and see if they will generate according to the zone level or you can use the chaos totem to tweak which level and how many npc's you want to spawn on a raid.

pmonk

Oct 15, 2019
The north mountain area has some nice 1 way only for bases.
Also I'm noticing that invisible walls are more likely to be missing if you try walking at spots from above, like the hill from around shino is climbable from going up the cliff from above to the right of her entrance.
Or you can scale the mountain range if you go right from the drop off entrance of the gold mines

Aug 13, 2020
-I can do a raid with totems but that doesn't work for getting a lot of npcs.
With the new raid control totem you can specifi how many extra enemies to spawn and at which level. Over 50 my pc was having a hard time managing all the npc's on screen.

----

So I was trying to make a "non con" room/dungeon of sorts, set up the personalities accordingly (dudes liking females but females not liking back). However, the dudes take their sweet time to "get enraged and attack" and sometimes they just try to hit me (due to -100 morale) then after the deed they take pretty long to go at it again, even with libido pots around. Is there a way to address this via save editing or modding?

John8r9

Engaged Member
Dec 25, 2018
it's good that john already went thru the issue of joining the discord, all of the game info is there but discord is just a terrible place overall outside quick chatting, i read once that it's where information goes to die and that is hella accurate since searching anything in that damned place is hard, add in the japanese language thing and it gets much worse.
yea...it needs some veteran players who know more about this game willing to exchange info. But they sometimes do getting annoyed by answering the same question again and again

flannan

Dec 15, 2022

I would say that compared to, for example, Starbound, Mad Island is, indeed, unusually unfriendly. Even after introduction of controls screen.
And it's not about lack of tutorial. It's mostly these things, in no particular order:
* VN-style quests, with very much not VN time to replay the game.
* Interface going against conventions.
* Language issues in the translation. For example, "Breeding pen" which does not breed anything.
* Villager AI being very dumb and needing workarounds.
* Lack of proper feedback from villagers. If they would, when talked to or otherwise, complain about the lack of water, it would be much easier to figure out they need water to work.
There are also easter eggs, but that is fine.

Like anywhere else, it depends on proper organization of information. Pinning of important posts, setting a separate channel for organization documents and another for character sheets... Well, the channels and their contents depend on the topic of your discord.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
Maybe, but It's fucking annoying to do all that micromanagement.
In this case, maybe you just need to accept that your village is now Murdertown with people fighting all the time. Fighting makes them strong.

If I ever do a NG I'll do that.

Do you have a list of like, 2 to 4, personalities that work together. Limiting it to only 1 is rather harsh.
I think which personality they dislike is also random. They can even dislike their own personality. "This town is too small for the two of us!".

4.40 star(s) 64 Votes