dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
From Discord:
Alright...let's go. I know I said "hehe end of January go brrr", but things happened. I didn't actually promise anything, but I still wanted to have/give hope of a release that didn't take ages. Feels bad to lead people on without having an actual release date, so, I'm really sorry. I'll try not to do that in the future.

Thing is, I've commited to making too much and right now it feels like I'm in development hell. Everyone knows that you shouldn't put everything you want in your game/movie/book because that takes too many resources (like time, for example)...and that happens to be exactly what I did. I went like "Oh, I already know everything I want to put in the next chapter, so...how about for once I do every scene exactly how I picture them in my head without giving a damn about resources?" Big mistake. What happens is that, although I'm not going crazy like "oh hoho, three thousand renders" I've done too many complex scenes - keywords, "many" and "complex". I'm really not used to making this many renders.

And then I went like "damn...now I need another scene to contextualize this other scene" and now I gotta wrap all of that in the same chapter - which, creatively speaking, is awesome! Practically, though, it's a nightmare!

Render count so far is 911 and going up - and that's not even counting animations (which are multiple renders). For comparison, the last chapter had roughly around 600 renders (counting animations).

It seems like the more I work on the game, more work is needed, and that's very frustrating.

I'm not trying to complain. I just wanna give you guys some context on what's happening, and why I went from having a release window of three months to SIX FULL MONTHS.

You wanna know something interesting? The game only gets more complicated from here. I'm speaking with some guys, trying to put a team together. I bit more than I could chew and I'm being punished for it.

At this point, I can't really call it an "update", anymore. It's more like a "re-release". Too much done, much more to go. Gallery, journal and story already wrapped (with some nice changes to some scenes - I promise I'm not retconning anything though). Now I have to finish making the renders for all of that.

I've frozen my other endeavors so I could dedicate my full attention to at least finishing this chapter. I feel like I owe that to every kind comment, every word of feedback and every person that spent actual money to support a game that JUST. WON'T. UPDATE.

Just a reminder that I read everything everywhere, although I can't always reply.

Still here - still at it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Wonderful news about 30% more visuals taking double the time.
That is encouragement that always making more than your target is a great incentive to overdeliver.

May 27, 2017
Glad to see work is still going on with this project, and that it's not abandoned. I don't think it's the best VN on this site, as that is a subjective position, but I consider it one of my favourites. My memory is shite, so I don't remember many of the VNs I play, but "Mad World" is one of the rare few that I do. I like the story, setting, characters, pacing; there's nothing I would personally change about it all, it feels like all the pieces fell into place snugly with this VN.

I hope everything is going well with the dev, and that life isn't treating you too badly, wish you good health and the best of luck in your current and future endeavours Capella!

Resch

Feb 4, 2020
Man loving this game and glad to see from the above update that it is still being worked on. I can understand with such an expanding story that updates will get tougher and tougher to do. The plot gets crazier, the story lines and branches get more complex. All that before you even talk about the graphics, sound, and the improvements.

SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
Game sounds pretty good from the reviews but is there a walkthrough someone is willing to share?
When I played it I remember there was a guide who could tell the consequences of a choice (if I lose or win a point with a character or missed an event), I don't know if it was build-in or a mod.
I'm not sure, it's been a while since I played it but I think you can't get 100% in one playthrough so you'll need multiple saves.

But even without a walkthrough, it is easy to guess the immediate result of your choices (by the reaction of some characters) and the game is worth it.

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
While I haven't played through much of the game yet I thought it a bit funny that the god is named Tobias both because I was gonna name my character Tobias but went with Toby instead. Secondly it's the fact that Tobias mostly is seen as meaning "God is Good" because Tobias is a version of Toviyah = god is good or rather Tov = good and yah = god which to how I read it also could mean that a god named Toviyah/Tobias is a "good god" but then comes the definition of what is good as in is the god doing a good job being a god or does it mean that the god is actually good/nice?. Some however say that Tobias = goodness in that the name represents the goodness of god which to some degree is highest form of "good".

So yeah a bit of trivia and some thoughts that poped in my mind while writing this but it makes me wonder if the god we meet is a "good" god or one that uses the name Tobias to appear good.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The god is using MC to keep being godly = having the power to dominate with a sole word.
The god is not a good person, gets annoyed when MC is looking for guidance and purpose
in his nefound power ... of seeing runes pop up in his eyes and read them ...
kind of like the son of kratos in god of was was loki, for comprehending languages and runes.

Thei first encounter says it all - being the asshole MC stands up to.

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
The god is using MC to keep being godly = having the power to dominate with a sole word.
The god is not a good person, gets annoyed when MC is looking for guidance and purpose
in his nefound power ... of seeing runes pop up in his eyes and read them ...
kind of like the son of kratos in god of was was loki, for comprehending languages and runes.

Thei first encounter says it all - being the asshole MC stands up to.
Thats what made me curious because as mentioned in the game names hold power or meaning, especially for magical things/beings from how I understood it. So since the god calls himself Tobias does it have a deeper meaning or like Loki that you mentioned who was someone called the deceiver/trickster and held many names depending on his disguise is the name Tobias given the gods actual name or what he uses as a false name to appear like something the god is not? Maybe Tobias is more of a title the god has given himself but I just thought the choice of name was interesting since it is associated with "good". Though what is good and what is evil is most often debatable and depends often on who's point of view your looking at it.

Again it might just be me overthinking the whole thing but I thought it was an interesting choice of name for the god.

Bigballinmoney

Jul 2, 2018
yo anyone know when the renders get better, cause peeps say this game is got some good renders and models. however game starts off with some of the lowest quality stuff the Top G's seen in a while.

Last edited:

BarbarrossaNA

Sep 10, 2019
yo anyone know when the renders get better, cause peeps say this game is got some good renders and models. however game starts off with some of the lowest quality stuff I've seen in a while.
First time DEV to my knowledge.. and yes his first work wasn't the greatest.. but he's hard working and the improvement has been exponential.. The story itself has been good since day one.. Keep playing and I have no doubts you will be impressed with it all. 87 reviews with a 4.7 avg should speak volumes.

Hopefully the DEV will continue to rock on. The talent is shining through.

Reactions: Bigballinmoney
Sep 3, 2020
This shouldn't be marked as abandoned. He posted on Discord in February that it's still being worked on which is well within the time limit for the abandoned tag
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
are there one hundred percent sure has the developer confirmed it

that's so unfair I never even got to spend time with my favorite girl like at all

I never even did anything with the other girls in the game because I was waiting patiently.for her

Reactions: Jaango
4.50 star(s) 132 Votes