Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I just started this update (on the way to meet Vincent's boss). But I have to ask, why take away the good looking beard and hair of the mc to replace it with him looking like some metrosexual boy band member? I don't get that.

Reactions: Cigzag

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I just started this update (on the way to meet Vincent's boss). But I have to ask, why take away the good looking beard and hair of the mc to replace it with him looking like some metrosexual boy band member? I don't get that.
For humor purpose, but it didn't work on you

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Enjoyed the first two chapters (and prologue) very much. Still obviously questions, but I mean that's the point of the story right? I love Robbie, but I get the sinking feeling there will either be a long wait for anything to happen... or nothing will. I don't like having to choose one in these games, but if I had to, it would definitely be Robbie.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
FEB 6, 2021 AT 3:54 PM

MW-v0.3 News.png

Hey, guys. Some news I have for 3.0. Some good, and some not-so-good.

Some of the good stuff.
As I said in a previous post, following update 2.0 would come 2.1, which I planned to be the one where I remade some of the renders done in my CPU. This update would also come with a tracklist of the songs used that are not mine. And last - as a surprise - animations. Yup, you read it right.

The thing is, since Chapter Three, "Beyond" is dedicated to the Player Character's study of magic, it'll be split into three parts. Mind, Body, and Soul. Shorter subchapters, but overall, longer.

I somehow managed to finish most of the first part, so It'll be landing rather quickly. Due to that, I see no point in updating the game to 2.1 since 3.0 is so close. So, instead, what would be coming for a 2.1 will be on 3.0. Which we can all agree is great.

Some of the not-so-good stuff.
Starting with the worst one, while I was writing and re-running through the game I noticed I did not include any variables for Chloe's scene in Chapter Two, making it impossible to track for future choices (which breaks the story massively). Something that makes evident how much I rushed it before being one-hundred-percent sure it was good enough. So, because of my mistake, older saves will not work on 3.0. I am very sorry for that.

Another thing I noticed is that after Chapter Two, Andrew's fighting advice to the Player Character in Chapter Zero glitched. Since I indented "Annie" and "Andrew" in the same way, Andrew's name was changed to Annie's, which was probably very confusing to new players.
About animations, it's always good to have them, yes, but they do not represent the quality I want for my game. Unfortunately, I'm not working with a great rig, so that's everything I can do for now. At this point of development, I can't even think about saving for a new GPU. The money I've earned was spent on buying some more RAM and assets I needed.

As a way of getting a bigger audience, I've been thinking about launching a second game, with a story and setting that gives me a lot more freedom for writing lewd stuff. I'm not gonna say much about it, because I'm not getting near it until I'm sure it's not going to jeopardize my main and (at the moment) most beloved project.

Overall.
All the bumps aside, I wanted to make this post to list what's coming for 3.0.

• Animations on Elena scene in Chapter 0 and Chloe's scene in Chapter 1.
  • Some (not all) renders redone.
  • Tracklist.
  • Font tweak.
  • Journal system (sort of).
  • First romance option (providing you've done a particular scene).
I hope by the end of this month I'll have a solid release for you guys, but, at the moment, that's all I have. See ya'll tomorrow with a World Concept.

Thank you for your kind support.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
As a way of getting a bigger audience, I've been thinking about launching a second game, with a story and setting that gives me a lot more freedom for writing lewd stuff. I'm not gonna say much about it, because I'm not getting near it until I'm sure it's not going to jeopardize my main and (at the moment) most beloved project.

Oh well, HERE WE GO AGAIN :rolleyes:

A new game before completing the previous one = 2 unfinished games instead of 1 unfinished game...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Oh well, HERE WE GO AGAIN :rolleyes:

A new game before completing the previous one = 2 unfinished games instead of 1 unfinished game...
Except for this: "I'm not getting near it until I'm sure it's not going to jeopardize my main and (at the moment) most beloved project." So no, this isn't "here we go again". The dev specifically says they won't do that if it jeopardizes their existing game.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Except for this: "I'm not getting near it until I'm sure it's not going to jeopardize my main and (at the moment) most beloved project." So no, this isn't "here we go again". The dev specifically says they won't do that if it jeopardizes their existing game.
Yes but thinking about it is enough to see the trend : the first game doesn't attract people so you want to make another one more mainstream to finance it

Real Kreten

Apr 10, 2020
Judging developers by negative experiences with other developers is not entirely fair.

Personally, I think that important is what leads developers to think about it.

If they feel obligation to deliver some lewd content regularly, then they should find out if there is anyone among their patrons who expects it from them. I don’t see it like a good reason.

Another possibility I can think of is that when working on their main work, they feel bound by perfectionism. A game where they would look less at the logic and integrity and just play with pictures and words would then allow them to relax and still produce something for their supporters. This approach does Recreation for example. They have the main game Bad Memories and then they have a game where a variety of weird shit is happening.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Judging developers by negative experiences with other developers is not entirely fair.

Personally, I think that important is what leads developers to think about it.

If they feel obligation to deliver some lewd content regularly, then they should find out if there is anyone among their patrons who expects it from them. I don’t see it like a good reason.

Another possibility I can think of is that when working on their main work, they feel bound by perfectionism. A game where they would look less at the logic and integrity and just play with pictures and words would then allow them to relax and still produce something for their supporters. This approach does Recreation for example. They have the main game Bad Memories and then they have a game where a variety of weird shit is happening.
Very well written and I agree, but sadly some posters just want to be negative.

The example you use means a lot to me personally because although I enjoy bad memories, point blank I absolutely adore weird shit.
That vn is golden in my eyes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
As has every creator in the history of creating... He is still learning the ropes of how to make a game, why split his focus and try to multitask two games? What happens if the second game is loved more than his first game? If people "flock" to his patreon because of his second, more polished, game he would be insane to then prioritize the first game over the more popular second one.

There is no reason he can't make renders for a second project, just shouldn't have said anything about a second game. People get savage about it, no matter how much the dev insists that it doesn't impact the first one.

Cigzag

Feb 20, 2020
Another great VN that seems to be under the radar. Love the story, the characters are super compelling (Vincent is a fucking badass) and I look forward to future updates!

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Me be cuddling and smooching her every tender places of pleasure ... when she be ready, she can reciprocate.
We all know what he's / I'm thinking right now: "Baby, just knock it off and give me a footjob with these beautiful feet of yours!"

So, dude... readhead + glasses + short pants + beautiful legs = FOOOOTJOOOOB !!

Come on :sneaky:

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Mad World [Release 3.1.0.0] Smoke Mob Games

Original Size Win/Linux: 2.49 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 300 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 283 MB: -

DEV MESSAGE IN THE OP:
A mistake I made while writing the script made the story completely broken past Chapter One. As such, I highly recommend making a new save or continuing from there if you have a save available. I am truly sorry.

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
The Overview sounds intriguing as hell. Don't know how i overlooked this game but i want to try it now.

4.50 star(s) 132 Votes