Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
It is all right .. you mad .. plead the insanity way out .. better in BelleView than in Washington.

hatefuldisplay

May 22, 2020
The graininess of the renders is a problem, I believe there maybe a way to remove it (it's come up in other threads) but I could be wrong since I don't know diddly about it.
This is actually one of the first things I noticed. I'm not 100% certain, but it looks like the rendering process is stopped too early or set at a lower quality level. I frequently cut rendering early, but not when a lot of white dots are still visible in the render. Still, I might be wrong about the reason for it. Does this improve later in the game?

Aside from that, this game does have an interesting plot line to it so far. I'm pretty early into it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Damn, I can't believe this game only has 18 patrons for $72 (at the time of this post).

By comparison, Reluctant Archon has ~200 patrons and Sorcerer has ~80. To be fair, the time since release correlates with the amount of support for these 3 games. However, Mad World came out only a few months after Sorcerer. I honestly think Mad World has better storytelling (Start off MC at a low point, he is not some overpowered perfect man, better lore and unique powers for individuals, nice build up of mysteries and stakes, better supporting cast by far). It absolutely blows out the other 2 games in terms of fight choreography. These fights actually look like a fight rather than a 2 frame beat down.

I think it's a decent assumption that the main reason for lower support in this game is because the MC is self deprecating and very out of his element at the start. The other 2 games have MCs that are essentially power fantasy bait. I can appreciate a overpowered MC just as much as one that starts weak and has to grow, but maybe others just want their free harems...

The game has only had like 3 updates after the first, so maybe it just needs time to grow. If I had to give some advice, it would be to change the game poster in the OP (the one that shows up in latest updates). It kinda give off a low effort impression. Maybe cross promoting with the other 2 mentioned games could be beneficial to all.

Anyways, I hope the game doesn't get abandoned :oops:

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Considering this was one of the only games to make me want to beat the shit outta the protag, that might be an issue.
And the vast majority of players, u know the silent not using forums or discord type, prefer power fantasy and light-hearted sex romps, they don't give a shit about realism or the amount of lore.
i'm gonna regret this post...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Keep bashing the luck on this game and we will see what you will attract .. have faith and game oN!
Damn, I can't believe this game only has 18 patrons for $72 (at the time of this post).

By comparison, Reluctant Archon has ~200 patrons and Sorcerer has ~80. To be fair, the time since release correlates with the amount of support for these 3 games. However, Mad World came out only a few months after Sorcerer. I honestly think Mad World has better storytelling (Start off MC at a low point, he is not some overpowered perfect man, better lore and unique powers for individuals, nice build up of mysteries and stakes, better supporting cast by far). It absolutely blows out the other 2 games in terms of fight choreography. These fights actually look like a fight rather than a 2 frame beat down.

I think it's a decent assumption that the main reason for lower support in this game is because the MC is self deprecating and very out of his element at the start. The other 2 games have MCs that are essentially power fantasy bait. I can appreciate a overpowered MC just as much as one that starts weak and has to grow, but maybe others just want their free harems...

The game has only had like 3 updates after the first, so maybe it just needs time to grow. If I had to give some advice, it would be to change the game poster in the OP (the one that shows up in latest updates). It kinda give off a low effort impression. Maybe cross promoting with the other 2 mentioned games could be beneficial to all.

Anyways, I hope the game doesn't get abandoned :oops:
The other games did not come out of the blue, also their devs are active, their styles are similar ..
Maybe Mith and Magik trumps hopelessness ... this game is about being found out, while the archon has a well establishe warlock as MC and sorcerer has a well distinguished eraser / revolver kind of made man vibe.

Gamers like to be strong and in control, maybe this is what gets them a little lost in this game.

Quality is on par, so just the accomodating good feels of gaming might set each of these games apart.

Now I really wanna give this another run and see where you come from hating on some other
games 4 no reason ... All I need is love 4 this game ..in this game thread, thank you very much.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Considering this was one of the only games to make me want to beat the shit outta the protag, that might be an issue.
And the vast majority of players, u know the silent not using forums or discord type, prefer power fantasy and light-hearted sex romps, they don't give a shit about realism or the amount of lore.
i'm gonna regret this post...
Haha, that's probably intended. I think some great things are in store for MC though. We got blue/red choices and mind powers.... and harem tag! Kinda hoping for something crazy later (power abusing route), but I wouldn't mind if it's a more typical hero story.

I do agree that the MC's monologues, and the hit or miss (mostly miss) humor are the low point of the writing. The lore and supporting cast is where it shines. Vincent is such a Chad. What a cool mfker.

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
Unofficial Android Port for Mad World v0.3.1

START A NEW GAME (look at the first page)

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Textsize, opacity slider added
Rename MC from menu added

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.

Last edited:

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Haha, that's probably intended. I think some great things are in store for MC though. We got blue/red choices and mind powers.... and harem tag! Kinda hoping for something crazy later (power abusing route), but I wouldn't mind if it's a more typical hero story.

I do agree that the MC's monologues, and the hit or miss (mostly miss) humor are the low point of the writing. The lore and supporting cast is where it shines. Vincent is such a Chad. What a cool mfker.
Why do i expect to get into heated arguments, but only get polite ones.
It's not a bad game but it does get annoying.
The dev really needs to advertise, do some cross promoting, anything other than nothing.

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
started from a save at the end of chapter 2 at the syringe scene...
got this error during first day magic training in chapter 3
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10212, in <module>
NameError: name 'chro' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "script.rpyc", line 10212, in script
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\MW-3.1.0.0-pc\MW-3.1.0.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1832, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\MW-3.1.0.0-pc\MW-3.1.0.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\MW-3.1.0.0-pc\MW-3.1.0.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/script.rpy", line 10212, in <module>
NameError: name 'chro' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mad World 3.1.0.0
Sun Feb 21 17:13:09 2021

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Look at the wonderful support we are getting here, in this thread .. thank you gamers 4 your contribution to good feels everywhere in this world .. we be mobile gaming this mad world now and 4 eva!
Unofficial Android Port for Mad World v0.3.1

ALLOW STORAGE ACCESS
My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.
Textsize, opacity slider added
Rename MC from menu added

If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.

Give Me Your Feedback on the Discord Server. As it's easier to reach me there, than here.
Why do i expect to get into heated arguments, but only get polite ones.
It's not a bad game but it does get annoying.
The dev really needs to advertise, do some cross promoting, anything other than nothing.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
The MC (hero) is kinda weak at the start but will grow to be the most powerful (hints are given in the prologue). Isn't it appealing ? It's the traditional hero's tale, seeing his progression. Since it's early development we don't see the full power of the MC yet.

Diversity is needed, stories where the hero is powerful from the start are good too.

And yeah this game is so much better than Sorcerer.

Reactions: Real Kreten

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Capella
Nice turning story in the beginning ... I need such a tobi ally in my life right about now.

Some tracebacks .. guess the strength of his words was lost on tobi and it tried to kill my game...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Wha ... those tracebacks are so nagigng ... and the white noise slashing ..

Also ... Where do they live? cernobyl? Post war Germany? Cold war gulag?

ui.jpg

What with the codes on doors? The hazmat masks? the unfinished walls?

uhi.jpg

At least the game pushes us towards exploration and look out 4 anything .. that is refereshing.
I'm counting on the "harem" tag to save me here :)
Play the god of smooth taalkary ... you are expexcted to talk are you not?

4.50 star(s) 132 Votes