Kaisigmu

Mar 23, 2023
well that's because, op's version was already patched.
People in thread were trying talking like the Twitter patch needed to be applied to get the "extra" content. I was merely noting that if people grabbed the thread version, they don't need to bother trying to get the twitter patches the dev linked to work.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
People in thread were trying talking like the Twitter patch needed to be applied to get the "extra" content. I was merely noting that if people grabbed the thread version, they don't need to bother trying to get the twitter patches the dev linked to work.
Unless they wanted the moving/animated standing pictures get totally unmosaiced as well - which essentially was all that was to the "updated" uncen patch.
1680230791902.png
Not that this amounts to too much, as those sprites were already barely mosaiced. But, technically, if they want that, they should/could bother.

Code_V5

Oct 16, 2020
is there a patch compatible for the dlsite that doesnt affect the quality of the cg's? found out about the loss of quality when patching the steam version

Reactions: Courier_Young

chrisjm489

Mar 29, 2022
does anyone have a save with all the defeat scenes? I have went through at least 3 times, and tried to get them all, but several of the recollection pages aren't filled and not sure what I am missing. Thanks

Nov 15, 2018
does anyone have a save with all the defeat scenes? I have went through at least 3 times, and tried to get them all, but several of the recollection pages aren't filled and not sure what I am missing. Thanks
Those are place holders, there's nothing else to unlock lol

Reactions: P1tzO

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
is there a patch compatible for the dlsite that doesnt affect the quality of the cg's? found out about the loss of quality when patching the steam version
Is this just "I think/heard/saw someone mentioning", or have you actually compared the same things in a DLsite and a Steam version?

Code_V5

Oct 16, 2020
Is this just "I think/heard/saw someone mentioning", or have you actually compared the same things in a DLsite and a Steam version?
i had both and compared the two. dlsite's had more clear cg's while if you patched the steam version to uncensor it, it seemed like it was not focused right

also downloaded game from here and patched it, same lack of clarity was present

Last edited:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
i had both and compared the two. dlsite's had more clear cg's while if you patched the steam version to uncensor it, it seemed like it was not focused right

ok, I found a version of the game that was uploaded to a site before this thread went live (other sites had the patched version), and while my patcher still comes up as an error the message is different from the usual "old version not found" message.
Mega
edit; nvm I was wrong
Guess you could compare with this base Steam version as well (if you haven't already) - at least that will tell us whether it's the patch effing things up or the Steam release itself is inferior CG quality-wise (supposedly).

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Why is this game so huge? (1.4 gb zipped)
... I'm actually not sure. I was going to say it's the large number of high quality animations, but that number seemed higher than I rememebr, and according to DLsite it's 852.77 MB. So I'm not sure why the zips offered here are bigger.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Why is this game so huge? (1.4 gb zipped)
Why are you complaining about a game being 1,4 GB zipped (1,73 GB extracted) in 2023?

----
Also, since I got ninja'd:
... I'm actually not sure. I was going to say it's the large number of high quality animations, but that number seemed higher than I rememebr, and according to DLsite it's 852.77 MB. So I'm not sure why the zips offered here are bigger.
How big is the extracted DLsite version though? Hmmmm?

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Also, since I got ninja'd:How big is the extracted DLsite version though? Hmmmm?
I just went to look that up. The extracted DLsite version is 1.03 GB. I wonder what is different about ... maybe the patch? I bought the game on DLsite, and haven't used any patches. If the version here comes prepatched that might be it?

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I just went to look that up. The extracted DLsite version is 1.03 GB. I wonder what is different about ... maybe the patch? I bought the game on DLsite, and haven't used any patches. If the version here comes prepatched that might be it?
Well color me interested, 700 MB surplus is indeed substantial. Shouldn't be the case, at least not by my logic (in the end, you should get the -pretty much- same thing with the patched Steam version, just "text changed").
Talking about the EN DLsite version, though, right?
Since you are someone with a legit DLsite copy of the game, could you perhaps confirm that the CGs in the Steam patched version (ergo the one in this thread's OP) are of noticably lesser quality ("not focused right", as the other user put it) than those of the DLsite version, please?

----
EDIT: unless uncensored futadikks ACTUALLY take up a whole lot of extra space xD

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Well color me interested, 700 MB surplus is indeed substantial. Shouldn't be the case, at least not by my logic (in the end, you should get the -pretty much- same thing with the patched Steam version, just "text changed").
Talking about the EN DLsite version, though, right?
Since you are someone with a legit DLsite copy of the game, could you perhaps confirm that the CGs in the Steam patched version (ergo the one in this thread's OP) are of noticably lesser quality ("not focused right", as the other user put it) than those of the DLsite version, please?

----
EDIT: unless uncensored futadikks ACTUALLY take up a whole lot of extra space xD
I'll download it and compare the two. Which parts are actually supposed to be different between them again? I haven't paid that much attention and what to know exactly what I'm looking for.

Edit: Does anyone know of a reason that the complete save I have for the DLsite version, isn't working for the version I downloaded from here? They should both be looking to AppData right? There shouldn't be anything I have to move. I don't feel like playing through the entire game again just to compare the two. I was willing to do it if it was just gallery comparison, not if I have to unlock everything again.

Last edited:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I'll download it and compare the two. Which parts are actually supposed to be different between them again? I haven't paid that much attention and what to know exactly what I'm looking for.
Don't really know, though I guess it's generally speaking (and applying to all CGs, I guess?), going by

this...
Wanted to check it out myself, but have only managed to find the Steam dirtypirateshameonyouzzcopy everywhere.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Wanted to check it out myself, but have only managed to find the Steam dirtypirateshameonyouzzcopy everywhere.
Well you're only finding that version, because cracking steam stuff is a lot easier than getting DLsite DRM to play nice, and nobody wants to bother when there's already a steam version running around.

Not going to run the test at the moment because my save isn't carrying over for some reason. Don't have the time to run through unlocking everything again right now.

At least we've presumably solved the mystery of size. It's the difference of versions. For some reason. Specifics allude us.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Well you're only finding that version, because cracking steam stuff is a lot easier than getting DLsite DRM to play nice, and nobody wants to bother when there's already a steam version running around.

Not going to run the test at the moment because my save isn't carrying over for some reason. Don't have the time to run through unlocking everything again right now.

At least we've presumably solved the mystery of size. It's the difference of versions. For some reason. Specifics allude us.
Fair enough. Though here's the 100% save from this thread (for the Steam version). It is very likely they create a different folder in appdata; this one (Steam) goes to "c:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\LocalLow\Dieselmine\Mage Kanades Futanari Dungeon Quest\Save\" (Win10 x64), not sure about the DLsite version.

If you feel like experimenting, give it a go.

https://f95zone.to/threads/mage-kanades-futanari-dungeon-quest-final-dieselmine.152526/post-10312435

Jan 3, 2021
Why are you complaining about a game being 1,4 GB zipped (1,73 GB extracted) in 2023?
Im not really complaining since I enjoyed it. Just wondered why its huge. Mega has this weird thing with free users having 20 Gigabytes only and I dont wanna waste it all.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
Fair enough. Though here's the 100% save from this thread (for the Steam version). It is very likely they create a different folder in appdata; this one (Steam) goes to "c:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\LocalLow\Dieselmine\Mage Kanades Futanari Dungeon Quest\Save\" (Win10 x64), not sure about the DLsite version.

If you feel like experimenting, give it a go.

https://f95zone.to/threads/mage-kanades-futanari-dungeon-quest-final-dieselmine.152526/post-10312435
Well there's the difference. The steam version doesn't have an apostrophe in "Kanades", while the DLsite version does.

Grabbed the save and it worked. A quick check shows that the scenes do look slightly off. Not sure exactly how to describe it, and it's entirely possible it was basically already there, but the barely there mosaic in the DLsite version actually makes it look smoother as a result.

One other difference that stood out is that the sound effects in the scenes got translated to English, which was not the case in the DLsite version. You know, the ones that pop up around her during the scene.

At a guess, the extra size comes from various changes they made to scenes. I only looked briefly, but I didn't see enough for me to bother keeping the steam version. If I'm going to keep one around, I'll keep the smaller one. The original censorship was very well done. Basically not noticeable at all if you're used to peering through it like me.

LawlessYoda

Sep 23, 2017
How do i install the patch?? i downloaded it from the twitter, but anytime i click to the folder with the .exe , the download from this thread in specific, it just says failed to update, please exit, how do i get this patch to work with the patch?

Reactions: VOOLTSS and Zippix
4.50 star(s) 54 Votes