Code_V5

Oct 16, 2020
Well there's the difference. The steam version doesn't have an apostrophe in "Kanades", while the DLsite version does.

Grabbed the save and it worked. A quick check shows that the scenes do look slightly off. Not sure exactly how to describe it, and it's entirely possible it was basically already there, but the barely there mosaic in the DLsite version actually makes it look smoother as a result.

One other difference that stood out is that the sound effects in the scenes got translated to English, which was not the case in the DLsite version. You know, the ones that pop up around her during the scene.

At a guess, the extra size comes from various changes they made to scenes. I only looked briefly, but I didn't see enough for me to bother keeping the steam version. If I'm going to keep one around, I'll keep the smaller one. The original censorship was very well done. Basically not noticeable at all if you're used to peering through it like me.
steam has different visuals when it is patched vs unpatched, so I can confirm its a problem or side effect of the patch itself.

here are some screenshots i got. they're not the best, but I think i gets the point across:

unpatched: Screenshot 2023-04-06 043342.png

patched: Screenshot 2023-04-06 045656.png

not sure if there is something to be done, but if there is for either the steam version or the dlsite version, that'd be awesome

Reactions: leechurch

Courier_Young

Dec 10, 2021
Resolution of animations changes during playing, it fappes really bad to see them jumping between clearity and fuziness.
the spirte also doesn't show sometimes,all in all, it's a little buggy.
edit:implementing the newest patch solved issues, but i noticed it will lower resolution.
Here is comparison
Original: 1.png
Patched
2.png
Expand if unclear to you.
Anyone could make some improvement for this?
Is this possible that the culprit is laws of Japan?I don't understand why of this and why they said they left mosaics "intendedly".

Last edited:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Great.*
So we have DLsite, then Steam unpatched which is, iiuc, is the same quality (but with cut content), then (restore and partial uncen) patch 1 patched Steam (in OP) which effes up visuals a bit and then patch 2 which fixes it somewhat, but by lowering resolution a bit, seemingly. Oh well...

*being sarcastic

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
So what I'm seeing is the best version at the moment is the DLsite version. Because the steam one is either missing content that the DLsite one has, or if you patch it in, it screws the graphics up some at part of the uncensoring process.

Jan 12, 2019
So what I'm seeing is the best version at the moment is the DLsite version. Because the steam one is either missing content that the DLsite one has, or if you patch it in, it screws the graphics up some at part of the uncensoring process.
I already posted the complete version in the thread.

ilmncsm

Apr 10, 2018
I already posted the complete version in the thread.
I'm aware the version in the thread is the patched steam version. We were running a comparison between different versions, taking a look at what the patch actually does. My considering the DLsite version better is entirely my own opinion having seen the two side by side.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I'm aware the version in the thread is the patched steam version. We were running a comparison between different versions, taking a look at what the patch actually does. My considering the DLsite version better is entirely my own opinion having seen the two side by side.
I'm assuming he meant the "updated" patch (2023/03/23)...patched Steam version. Which was... A WHOLE another thing is this thread lol; if you've managed to miss it. And ended up in this:
So yeah, OP is still the old-patched version, this is the newer one, which -further, also- uncensors animated standing sprites (those barely noticable ones - and yes, I totally agree, if that level of "mosaicing" would be the standard all across the board, than I -at least speaking for myself- would never complain about censorship) and, someone mentioned, that it fixes the "sometimes clear sometimes fuzzy; annoying" situation with the scenes, most probably by lowering resolution (not a good thing I guess? lol).

So that's the saga. Hell, since so much time was already wast-... invested into this, if you want you can give that one a try as well (maybe it will prove to be a more definitive version for you after all). The same save will work (at the same place).

Code_V5

Oct 16, 2020
I'm assuming he meant the "updated" patch (2023/03/23)...patched Steam version. Which was... A WHOLE another thing is this thread lol; if you've managed to miss it. And ended up in this:So yeah, OP is still the old-patched version, this is the newer one, which -further, also- uncensors animated standing sprites (those barely noticable ones - and yes, I totally agree, if that level of "mosaicing" would be the standard all across the board, than I -at least speaking for myself- would never complain about censorship) and, someone mentioned, that it fixes the "sometimes clear sometimes fuzzy; annoying" situation with the scenes, most probably by lowering resolution (not a good thing I guess? lol).

So that's the saga. Hell, since so much time was already wast-... invested into this, if you want you can give that one a try as well (maybe it will prove to be a more definitive version for you after all). The same save will work (at the same place).
i guess there is no fixing the resolution changes brought from the patch. i guess ill stick with the dlsite version

LawlessYoda

Sep 23, 2017
steam has different visuals when it is patched vs unpatched, so I can confirm its a problem or side effect of the patch itself.

here are some screenshots i got. they're not the best, but I think i gets the point across:

unpatched: View attachment 2524784

patched: View attachment 2524782

not sure if there is something to be done, but if there is for either the steam version or the dlsite version, that'd be awesome

Unpatched is what i have, and cant patch it. I downloaded the game from here not buy it on steam.

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Unpatched is what i have, and cant patch it. I downloaded the game from here not buy it on steam.
Kindly read through the last 4 pages of the thread and you will know what's what. Also the why what is what...
You can even get the patched-patched (which is what you are striving for, apparently) from one of the posts.
Just an fyi, the one in the OP is already patched. Hope this helped! pffff

Pączek69

Mar 4, 2023
I have a problem that doesn't allow me to play this game. Whenever I enter the first door at the start of the game it's only infinite loading screen and interacting with the game causes it to freeze and crash. Anyone knows how to fix it?

Shikizaki_Rin

Apr 16, 2020
I was just reacting to you sayingin your post. That made it seem that you weren't successful in the end after all.
Or am I misunderstanding again, and you actually really couldn't get it to work?
I just extracted the game from what you shared, and the updated uncen patch worked on it (btw, it checked 10 files altogether, so GameAssembly.dll alone wouldn't have been enough).

Anyhoo...
Here's an archive for everyone that has the version from the OP and cannot update the uncen patch. It contains all the files the patcher will check, from the unpatched Steam version. Just extract in your game's directory, it will ask whether to overwrite (yes to all) the target files -if it doesn't ask, you're doing it wrong lol-, and BOOM, after that, the updated uncen patcher will work. Yaaaay.

Also, apparently, zippy is shutting down in 4 days (...WTF?! xD), so...

Sidenote: how I wish everything "censored" would be only this "much" censored in other games like in the vanilla version of this. Hand on heart, wouldn't even bother me (I mean there's censoring, and there's IMGONNAEFFTHEWHOLETHINGUPFORYOUWITHBLOCKSASHUGEASHALFTHESCREENGOODLUCKENJOYINGTHISSUCKERSUREMADETHINGSEASIERFORMENOTHAVINGTOGOINTOANYREALDETAILAROUNDTHOSEPARTSTHOUGHHEHEHEHE!).
I missed it and couldn't get it. Can someone please give me this patch?

Reactions: kermitino

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
I missed it and couldn't get it. Can someone please give me this patch?
I'll do you one better and direct you to this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/mage-kanades-futanari-dungeon-quest-final-dieselmine.152526/post-10402440

That is the updated-patch patched game (meaning, what you would get after going through getting those "patch-ready" files from zippy (may they rest in peace), getting the v2 patch, then -now able to- installing it; so what you want, I reckon).
Checked it, can vouch.

That said, I have no idea what is in the OP now, having been edited on 04/10 and some uploads dated that day as well. Don't really care anymore, though, lol.
You can't go wrong with the mega in the post I mentioned.

4.50 star(s) 54 Votes