Eren Jones

Mar 3, 2022
Congratulations to Maji Translations for finally finishing this after all of these years. One of my favorite VN Series of all time.

I am curious if someone will translate the separate Margit after Story game, seeing as everyone loves the Hounds of War and that was the main attraction of A-5. Hopefully someone will.

Reactions: Noobeginner

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
I gave a play order list in my review of the game, but I'll post it here as well with links included. Here's the play order, as well as links. Can't believe it's finally completed. One of my favourite VN's ever made. It's been 7 years since A-1 came out, and 14 years since Majikoi came out.

Play Order
Make sure you play the games in order.
They are not completely dependent on one another per se, but you'll be missing out on a LOT of context and plot if you skip around. I strongly suggest you play these games in this order. You don't have to, but you should.

Original Majikoi
1) https://f95zone.to/threads/majikoi-love-me-seriously-minato-soft.1044/

Majikoi S! (Sequel)
2) https://f95zone.to/threads/do-love-me-seriously-s-minato-soft.1045/

Majikoi Side stories A1-A5 (These are love routes for side girls)
3) https://f95zone.to/threads/majikoi-love-me-seriously-a-special-edition-a1-a4-minato-soft.90936/

Last edited:

Sarica

Time Waits For No One
Modder
Donor
Aug 18, 2017
...you get a high grade fan translation free from the usual injections of modern western nonsense from politically motivated "localizers" that you'll find in "professionally" translated games.
Well that's not true at all for this translator. Read the 'Important Info:' section. He both puts memes in his translations, as well as changes text for politically motivated reasons.

Phear

Aug 16, 2017
Alright so, after searching through the "webz" for a while I managed to find a solution.

It was simply a matter of making sure the game is NOT extracted inside a location whose name has any special characters in it. Apparently that makes the game freak out and not be able to access the config file it requires to work. Would also recommend to not be a dumbass like me and extract the .zip using "Extract into ... folder", that might also cause issues so just make a fresh new folder instead and directly drag the files inside it.

Noobeginner

Dec 14, 2018
After all this years, all Majikoi series is now (almost) fully translated! I really like this franchise for it's world building, battle shonen with power scaling, family and friendship, romance and how they fleshed out it's side character.

Here's hoping for the Margit/Hound Dog Route After and the Majikoi A+ translation.

EDIT : Well shit, I can't launch any of the exe file. Is it my Window 365 compability problem? I've already excluded the exe from my antivirus.

EDIT2: Solve it. I tried using AlphaRom at first, but still not working. After searching for a while, I found out about this app for JP VN. You just need to run it with NTLeas ( ) (It's just an old cracked VN launcher)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Periah250

Feb 6, 2022
After all this years, all Majikoi series is now (almost) fully translated! I really like this franchise for it's world building, battle shonen with power scaling, family and friendship, romance and how they fleshed out it's side character.

Here's hoping for the Margit/Hound Dog Route After and the Majikoi A+ translation.
i mean technically theres A plus disk and ryouken route after. those 2 aren't being translated

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
Well that's not true at all for this translator. Read the 'Important Info:' section. He both puts memes in his translations, as well as changes text for politically motivated reasons.
Just saw the translators posts from years ago in the thread and agree with everything you've said. I had no idea he literally was inserting head-canon nonsense into that line. I assumed he just changed the line to say the same thing in a different way because he thought the slant was offensive, which was whatever. That is to say, I assumed "Nah, I'm bi." was just Momoyo being sarcastic. Apparently he just "feels" Momo is gay, which is ridiculous because it's false, and that sort of practice has no business being in a fan translation, else you're just the same as the "professional" localizers. Fans of games want the translation to be as close to the source as possible. Now I'm wondering what else was changed...

Thanks for fixing the line in question.

Sonicfanx1

Jun 16, 2017
This kinda info bums me from the translation a bit since I did read their translations a long time ago. It's making me question what I read was actually translated and not localized.

I'll still give it a shot later when I have a higher attention span.

PunpunRen

Jul 13, 2021
Alright so, after searching through the "webz" for a while I managed to find a solution.

It was simply a matter of making sure the game is NOT extracted inside a location whose name has any special characters in it. Apparently that makes the game freak out and not be able to access the config file it requires to work. Would also recommend to not be a dumbass like me and extract the .zip using "Extract into ... folder", that might also cause issues so just make a fresh new folder instead and directly drag the files inside it.
didn't work for me

Edit: tried every single method on this thread but without success, the problem is still the same, the .exe's won't start :/ sadge

Last edited:

Gravionne

Oct 24, 2021
tbh I'm not going to call them "completed" if they don't want to translate A+ disk and Ryoken route after.

(I REALLY hope someone went on to translate the Plus disk because it had Momoyo's very last bit of route and love.)

tidus

May 14, 2017
Damn I haven't played a VN in years, so I hope this is one that's ready to go as soon as you extract it cause if not in in trouble.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes