Danknut

Oct 20, 2018
For those unable to launch the exe, maybe it's a Windows 11 problem? In Windows 11 I had to repeatedly drop the starting tool (present in installation folder) on the exes to make them work. Even then it was never a consistent process. Got fed up and copied the folder to Windows 7 (32-bit) Virtual Machine and they seem work smoothly.
This right here helped me out. I use Locale Emulator and unpacked with WinRar set to Japanese name encoding and after doing the whole 'right click and run with locale emulator' a few times it launches and I'm able to play. A bit annoying but it runs smoothly at least!

Reactions: mrslinky

PunpunRen

Jul 13, 2021
not working for me; having this error
View attachment 2911383
I have the same problems as you, unpacked with the .rar with name encoding>japanese (not sure if it did anything) but now I can play if I start the exe multiple times, it's weird and annoying but hey, it somehow works, some kind of windows wizardry
edit: did some testing and it's the only way I made the thing run

Reactions: mrslinky

-FibaG-

Nov 9, 2018
it would be nice to see uncensored version in this last 2 games like first game...I really enjoy it without it...have some ugly heavenly mosaic in this last 2 games...that's the only downside on this game...in rest the story are so funny and interesting.

Noobeginner

Dec 14, 2018
not working for me; having this error
View attachment 2911383
I'm not a pro in troubleshooting, so here's everything that I do
- Make sure your system locale is in JP
- Make sure your file path didn't have any weird character
- Include the whole folder (or exe) in your Antivirus exception list
- Don't forget to restart your PC after changing setting
- Try launching it normally, then using AlphaRom (drag and drop)

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
What are the correct choises for Yoshitsune to win? There are so many options
It's fairly straightforward

Speech => Mon-sama
Design => Capt
Supporting speech => Touma
Defense against badmouthing => This one I'm not sure, I went with Kyojin. I went with Yamato at first, he's good at this but Miyako argued I'm too busy to help out really.
Which way to deliver your speech => with sincerity (it's Yoshitsune's forte)
2nd bike => Momoyo
Sword clash => Yukie
Capstone speech => Chris (she's good at rallying people)
Before the vote => Act normal (I'm not too sure here but there's little reason to panic)
Visiting club => Baseball club (sincere ponytail girl is instant win)

Shibnick

Dec 14, 2017
Howdy all,

I'm running Win 11 and have put my Country, Regional Format, and Admin Language Settings to Japanese and restarted my PC but only getting weird characters on the exes.

Naturally, the game will not start and opening the launcher ends with the same result.

Please help, I've been waiting a long time to finish Majikoi.

Have a nice day.

Update: After reinstalling MotoyaLMaru, the funny characters have gone away... But I still can't open the exes -.-

Last edited:

blabbo

Oct 30, 2019
Sarica
After reading this comment:
I haven't downloaded the full game from you (I had the Special edition downloaded long ago) so I can't check if you've updated it there, but at least this standalone patch is based on the original A1-A-4 TL release. The A1-A-5 patch TL includes an updated (typo correction stuff) A-4.
I've gone and updated the dialogue uncensor patch with typo corrections:
Had barely any idea what I was doing so I'm glad it worked first time. I don't think MajiTL released their tools anywhere, did they? Luckily zbspac works for the A games. Edit: Just found the other tools in the other Maji discord that I wasn't in... Well my ver should work ok too so I won't bother redoing it.
Can you confirm that the version you uploaded is the one with the typo corrections? Or is it simply the old one with restored line of text?

Reactions: PeteHanson

warbob5000

Jul 3, 2017
Sarica
After reading this comment:

Can you confirm that the version you uploaded is the one with the typo corrections? Or is it simply the old one with restored line of text?
The one I uploaded has both the typo corrections from the updated translation patch and the "Dialogue Uncensor Patch" OP made.
The one Sarica uploaded didn't have the typo corrections when I downloaded it a couple of days ago. My patch was made after the last "thread update date" by OP. I assume Sarica just replaced the new A4 pac with the old patched one. (The A1-3 pacs didn't get updated, and there's no current plans for an A5 pac typo correction release)

None of the typos were anything major, you likely wouldn't notice most of them. Just a few misplaced spaces and letters.

Reactions: redhoodjokester

wyldstrykr

Nov 30, 2017
any save file for A4-A5, at least complete Scene?
EDIT: if you read original and S not long ago, you may know the answer to Yoshitsune election but its hard and you might need walkthrough.
ty errte13 for it

Last edited:

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
I've finished 2 routes, Yoshitsune's and Takae's and gotta say, I'm low key disappointed. Since A4 I feel the quality of the stories are not as good as before. I was bored with Homura's route, almost skipping the story, while Lin's was better at least. Yoshitsune's is not bad, but still pale in comparison I feel (also I feel sad that Aki's mini route is short and basically fap material, but I guess I shouldn't expect more when it's not her route in the first place). The story is lukewarm compared to how engaging is for example Seiso's route. Takae's route is a bit better IMO. Though they're still entertaining enough. Funny thing, there's a lack of anal sex scenes, despite anal being Yamato's fetish is mentioned in a scene with Gakuto.

I guess the writer may have a burnout with the majikoi franchise or something.

Lion44

Aug 10, 2020
I'm not a pro in troubleshooting, so here's everything that I do
- Make sure your system locale is in JP
- Make sure your file path didn't have any weird character
- Include the whole folder (or exe) in your Antivirus exception list
- Don't forget to restart your PC after changing setting
- Try launching it normally, then using AlphaRom (drag and drop)
I checkmarked all of these but the games still show that error msg when trying to launch. =(

EDIT: Fixed. The folder all the files were in was named: Majikoi! Love Me Seriously! A – Special Edition [A1 – A5], I changed it to: Majikoi! Love Me Seriously! A1-A5 and now with JP system locale or Locale Emulator it works (can launch AND save). Apparently it doesn't like characters like [].

Last edited:
Reactions: Noobeginner

errte13

Oct 6, 2020
I can't belive that we got routes with some of the most random characters and 2 routes with Mon Kuki, yet we never had an Ageha route:cry:
IIRC, she has a thing for a protagonist from another story (Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de). She was young in the story. Funnily enough, she doesn't have sex scene in the VN. Dunno if she has a route in the VN, I only watched the anime many years ago.

supersalainen

Dec 29, 2018
Not working for me either. Getting config errors with or without the みなとそふと folder in documents. Also neither system locale nor emulator helps. Running Win 10.

E: Fixed by NOT using the ANSI encoding in Winrar. Though Now I have the problem of being unable to save.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion44

blabbo

Oct 30, 2019
The one I uploaded has both the typo corrections from the updated translation patch and the "Dialogue Uncensor Patch" OP made.
The one Sarica uploaded didn't have the typo corrections when I downloaded it a couple of days ago. My patch was made after the last "thread update date" by OP. I assume Sarica just replaced the new A4 pac with the old patched one. (The A1-3 pacs didn't get updated, and there's no current plans for an A5 pac typo correction release)

None of the typos were anything major, you likely wouldn't notice most of them. Just a few misplaced spaces and letters.
Alright, thank you for making an updated translation patch!

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes