• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Syokusyu

Donor
Aug 7, 2017
Hey guys,
I just noticed that nor this release, nor any other out there contains the Yukie voice patch, which was part of the Maji translation of the separated version of Majikoi A-2 ( ).

Does anybody have it as part of the Majikoi A pack (with translations) or are you maybe able to make it?

Thanks!
pretty sure the patch is preapplied in the complete version.

KuronCZ

Jul 21, 2018
pretty sure the patch is preapplied in the complete version.
I expected it, too, but just now I'm playing A-2 and Mayuzumi Yukie is not voiced by Gotou Yuuko, but Sendai Eri. If I'm not mistaken, the voice patch was supposed to change them back, because Gotou Yuuko was unable to perform at the time of the release...

Syokusyu

Donor
Aug 7, 2017
I expected it, too, but just now I'm playing A-2 and Mayuzumi Yukie is not voiced by Gotou Yuuko, but Sendai Eri. If I'm not mistaken, the voice patch was supposed to change them back, because Gotou Yuuko was unable to perform at the time of the release...
huh i guess you're right.
I made a quick
be sure to back up the voice2.pac of the complete edition because i just bonked the Yukie patch and voice file for A2 together and tested it for a handful of Yukie lines, something might break or have the wrong voice lines further down the line.

KuronCZ

Jul 21, 2018
huh i guess you're right.
I made a quick
be sure to back up the voice2.pac of the complete edition because i just bonked the Yukie patch and voice file for A2 together and tested it for a handful of Yukie lines, something might break or have the wrong voice lines further down the line.
Thanks, I'm gonna try it.

khaosmaou

Aug 4, 2020
Nah, today I just figured it out. At least for Win11.

You just have to actually change your locale to Japanese and run every game from A-1 to A-5 at least once. This allows you to do the settings, which for some reason cause the crash when you run it with the Locale Emulator.

Once the game is normaly working in the actual Japanese locale, you can simply change it back to your own and it should be working with the Locale Emulator from now on.
I already have my locale set to japanese and have for years. Locale emulator has never worked reliable for me.

If I spam click the .exe I can get A-1 through A-5 to eventually run. No idea why windows 11 is being such a pain.

khaosmaou

Aug 4, 2020
I had a chance to play around on a brand new computer with a clean install of Windows 11 Pro. Turns out the same issues happen over on that install. The crash is related to the Kdays.dll, which I believe is the crack for the game.

Disabling antivirus or any other security features has no effect -- so it's not being blocked. The crack, which I believe my be a part of AlphaRomDIE baked into this cracked copy of A - Special Edition is pretty old, last updated in 2014 and seems to be a bit broken in newer version of Windows.

I just double-click the game .EXE until the game launches. Watching in task manager sometime the processes will freeze and need to be killed. They only take up 120 MB of memory each when this happens.

Syokusyu

Donor
Aug 7, 2017
I had a chance to play around on a brand new computer with a clean install of Windows 11 Pro. Turns out the same issues happen over on that install. The crash is related to the Kdays.dll, which I believe is the crack for the game.

Disabling antivirus or any other security features has no effect -- so it's not being blocked. The crack, which I believe my be a part of AlphaRomDIE baked into this cracked copy of A - Special Edition is pretty old, last updated in 2014 and seems to be a bit broken in newer version of Windows.

I just double-click the game .EXE until the game launches. Watching in task manager sometime the processes will freeze and need to be killed. They only take up 120 MB of memory each when this happens.
you'll probably have more luck finding help at fuwanovel or some other places dedicated to VNs.

Ultimecea

Dec 13, 2020

last i tried, i set the compatibility to xp service 2 or was it win7 to get it running
it'll take time but if you can get the windows to run the old compatibility setting
you can choose which windows you want to set the compatibility
else win11 is just annoying albiet im using 1 atm

Krazy Zebra

Apr 17, 2024
Everyone! After days of trial and error I finally found a way to fix the games not launching on Windows 11!

Steps:
1. Rename the .exe and .pac files to NOT have any special/japanese character. For example, A1.exe, A1.pac, A2.exe, A2.pac, etc. Just in case make sure the directories in the path also do not have this issue.
2. Download the program "ntlea" on GitHub.
3. Open ntleasWin.exe. It should say "Japanese Generic" under Current Config.
4. In Component Select, choose "ntleah.dll" and select the game executable in AppPath. The game will now start reliably without issues.
5. You can create a shortcut to launch the games with the "<-" button.

As an example if you want to create this shortcut manually it has the following parameters:

Target: C:\SomePath\ntlea\x86\ntleas.exe "C:\SomePath\Majikoi Love Me Seriously A - Special Edition\A1.exe" "C932" "L1041" "FMS PGothic" "Mh" "P4"
Start in: "C:\SomePath\Majikoi Love Me Seriously A - Special Edition"

MajikoiAFix.png

Last edited:
Reactions: danieldam

DarkCurse99

Apr 7, 2023
Everyone! After days of trial and error I finally found a way to fix the games not launching on Windows 11!

Steps:
1. Rename the .exe and .pac files to NOT have any special/japanese character. For example, A1.exe, A1.pac, A2.exe, A2.pac, etc. Just in case make sure the directories in the path also do not have this issue.
2. Download the program "ntlea" on GitHub.
3. Open ntleasWin.exe. It should say "Japanese Generic" under Current Config.
4. In Component Select, choose "ntleah.dll" and select the game executable in AppPath. The game will now start reliably without issues.
5. You can create a shortcut to launch the games with the "<-" button.

As an example if you want to create this shortcut manually it has the following parameters:

Target: C:\SomePath\ntlea\x86\ntleas.exe "C:\SomePath\Majikoi Love Me Seriously A - Special Edition\A1.exe" "C932" "L1041" "FMS PGothic" "Mh" "P4"
Start in: "C:\SomePath\Majikoi Love Me Seriously A - Special Edition"

View attachment 3548360
Thanks bro. I just renamed the .exe + .pac files and the game opens without any issues again.

Danny2465

Dec 5, 2019
It was really iffy for me. The best I could do was open up Task Manager and click the exe again and again every time the program appeared and instantly disappeared in the processes tab, until eventually it didn't instantly close itself and successfully started. It's a pain and kind of luck-based, but luckily it only takes like a minute tops to get it started.

Krazy Zebra

Apr 17, 2024
It was really iffy for me. The best I could do was open up Task Manager and click the exe again and again every time the program appeared and instantly disappeared in the processes tab, until eventually it didn't instantly close itself and successfully started. It's a pain and kind of luck-based, but luckily it only takes like a minute tops to get it started.
Read my reply two places above yours!!

khaosmaou

Aug 4, 2020
Rename your .exe and .pac files exactly as show in the second image in post #409 above.

However, instead of using ntlea which hasn't been actively developed for about 6 years, use , which is being actively updated and supports 64 bit applications.

It is very similar to the archived that many including myself and others have used in the past. Since switching the filenames and using Locale Remulator, I have had zero issues running A-1 through A-5 correctly the first time, every time on Windows 10 LTSC 2021 by just running the .exe with it, no changes besides renaming needed.

I can no longer comment on Windows 11, as I downgraded after getting forced ads on my desktop from Microsoft earlier this week. I do know that Windows 11 has some serious issues running the A collection though.

Krazy Zebra

Apr 17, 2024
Rename your .exe and .pac files exactly as show in the second image in post #409 above.

However, instead of using ntlea which hasn't been actively developed for about 6 years, use , which is being actively updated and supports 64 bit applications.

It is very similar to the archived that many including myself and others have used in the past. Since switching the filenames and using Locale Remulator, I have had zero issues running A-1 through A-5 correctly the first time, every time on Windows 10 LTSC 2021 by just running the .exe with it, no changes besides renaming needed.

I can no longer comment on Windows 11, as I downgraded after getting forced ads on my desktop from Microsoft earlier this week. I do know that Windows 11 has some serious issues running the A collection though.
I'm the author of that post. I'm on Windows 11 and while investigating the issue, I tried multiple attempts with both Locale Emulator and Locale Remulator but neither worked for me, I was only able to launch them without issues by doing the steps described in my post with ntlea. Perhaps on non-W11 systems ntlea is not necessary or only any of the Locale programs.

5.00 star(s) 8 Votes