botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I don't know. I like the game, but it's like half of the stuff isn't triggering at all.
I could only watch Sarah sleeping once, then the option was never there.
The pool scene didn't change. The event supposed to trigger with one fo the twins once you reach 5 agility didn't happen.
After I reached 25 affection with Sarah I couldn't get it higher, because no event would any of it. I had to use cheats to reach 35, but the software development also didn't trigger.

This is a good game, but the grind should be reduced, if not removed completely and the triggers need to be inserted in a way that the events will definitely happen.

Reactions: proximus

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
I could only watch Sarah sleeping once
It's a one-time scene, it's not meant to repeat. You get a followup of that scene after you wake up in the morning.

The pool scene didn't change.
So this is a claim that I can't even begin to understand. The conditions for this is very simple and would doubtfully be bugged. I've had one person with a similar problem before and I'm pretty sure that was user error and not because of the code.
That said I have been thinking about getting some type of indicator into the game which tells you that any given scene has a stat increase.

The event supposed to trigger with one fo the twins once you reach 5 agility didn't happen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After I reached 25 affection with Sarah I couldn't get it higher
So this is odd and I don't know what you did to make this happen. If you have a savefile I'd be more than happy to investigate it for you. But I would suggest going to the pool at 10:00 and ride the scene out fully, you can even skip because the new part of the scene is prompted with a menu choice.

but the software development also didn't trigger.
If you are referring to the scene that triggers when you get to 100 programming? If so this scene has a lot of triggers, mostly because you of continuity within the story. This can cause this to take a lot of time to trigger. Since you used cheats to get to 35 affection this is probably why this happened. I strongly recommend not using them for this very reason.

but the grind should be reduced, if not removed completely
Some people like it, some people don't. I would not be able to reduce it nor do I think it's too much. There's plenty to do in the beginning of the game and there will be more of that for each release.
If I removed "the grind" then the story would not make any sense. This story takes place over a period of time, if I made this as a visual novel there would have to be a lot of "the next day" kind of things and barely any red line in the story. I would basically have to start over from scratch.

the triggers need to be inserted in a way that the events will definitely happen.
They are and they will given enough patience and time. I'm not sure what happened to you when playing this game but I'd like to know.

Thanks for playing!

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It's a one-time scene, it's not meant to repeat. You get a followup of that scene after you wake up in the morning.

So this is a claim that I can't even begin to understand. The conditions for this is very simple and would doubtfully be bugged. I've had one person with a similar problem before and I'm pretty sure that was user error and not because of the code.
That said I have been thinking about getting some type of indicator into the game which tells you that any given scene has a stat increase.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So this is odd and I don't know what you did to make this happen. If you have a savefile I'd be more than happy to investigate it for you. But I would suggest going to the pool at 10:00 and ride the scene out fully, you can even skip because the new part of the scene is prompted with a menu choice.

If you are referring to the scene that triggers when you get to 100 programming? If so this scene has a lot of triggers, mostly because you of continuity within the story. This can cause this to take a lot of time to trigger. Since you used cheats to get to 35 affection this is probably why this happened. I strongly recommend not using them for this very reason.

Some people like it, some people don't. I would not be able to reduce it nor do I think it's too much. There's plenty to do in the beginning of the game and there will be more of that for each release.
If I removed "the grind" then the story would not make any sense. This story takes place over a period of time, if I made this as a visual novel there would have to be a lot of "the next day" kind of things and barely any red line in the story. I would basically have to start over from scratch.

They are and they will given enough patience and time. I'm not sure what happened to you when playing this game but I'd like to know.

Thanks for playing!

I managed to make most of them trigger after I posted. But this is basically what I mean. Where is the fun in fumbling around for an hour to trigger a short scene and that is with using a walkthrough?
And honestly, I haven't found one person yet who loves grinding. That's not something I ever heard a gamer say.
Some say they don't mind the grinding, but like/love it? That seems strange.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
that is with using a walkthrough?
It's very possible to do without a walkthrough. The basic system is that you raise your stats and things will eventually happen/there will be things to do. The only reason to use a walkthrough is if you get stuck or you don't know if there's anything else to it, which is very likely to happen since this game is not completed.
And honestly, I haven't found one person yet who loves grinding.
You have now.
The thing is that people are different, so assuming that because you haven't seen or heard of someone who likes something means there are none, makes a weak argument. But I respect your opinion, you are entitled to think what what you want.
That seems strange.
People are strange.

Reactions: JRD and UncleVT

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
I managed to make most of them trigger after I posted. But this is basically what I mean. Where is the fun in fumbling around for an hour to trigger a short scene and that is with using a walkthrough?
And honestly, I haven't found one person yet who loves grinding. That's not something I ever heard a gamer say.
Some say they don't mind the grinding, but like/love it? That seems strange.
Here's a protip for you. For any Ren'Py game, walkthrough or not, copy this into the game folder, extract all the files, browse all the images and rpy files, and save yourself some time and headache. Plus if there are any bugs, you can probably fix em yourself, and if you're feeling nice you can let the dev know. Then let everyone who wants to grind grind. Personally, I changed the energy system and the number of times you can go to school/workout/work on the website in a day to speed things up. Not too difficult, took like 20 minutes and probably saved me an hour of grinding.

JRD

Feb 4, 2018
I'm not really against the grind, so long as it isn't excessive (aka the Russian grind from the tropes thread lulz) - but this is wholly personal opinion and I get that others will disagree.

I like balance in a game, especially open-world games like this one. Sure, there's room for improvement in Life but this is a work in progress and Fasder seems quite open to suggestions and implementing good ones.

Reactions: yoyomistro

stronkie

Jan 29, 2018
I have played this but :

Horrible way to move around.. so many options.. Did not even bother to look if there is a person of interest displayed inthe travel menu on the bottom.

no this one is not for me

Reactions: proximus

BitterFrost

Sep 28, 2017
Yeah, just not for me. It's so boring, so repetitive, and mostly you just have a line of empty rooms you can go to and lose energy doing so.

Plus of course the completely and outrageously unreal tits on the sister - giant balloons shoved under a woman's chin is not something any human being can be born with, that's a really bad plastic surgeon.

Oh well, I'm sure there is an audience for repetitive clicking for hours on end, best of luck with it.

Lorric17

May 25, 2017
@Fasder May I suggest a feature? I don't know how many times I've inadvertently clicked on the right-side photos of the girls expecting to go to their location. Each time I have to read where they are, then click the corresponding room. Perhaps clicking their photo could that automatically.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Yeah, just not for me. It's so boring, so repetitive, and mostly you just have a line of empty rooms you can go to and lose energy doing so.

Plus of course the completely and outrageously unreal tits on the sister - giant balloons shoved under a woman's chin is not something any human being can be born with, that's a really bad plastic surgeon.

Oh well, I'm sure there is an audience for repetitive clicking for hours on end, best of luck with it.
that's where you are wrong, i once knew a girl that grew up with tits like that, she was constantly bitching about her back hurting, chest hurting, and guys that stared. eventually she got reduction surgery, almost instant fix for the pain, guys still stare tho haha

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
i did like the dildo part, that was funny, but i really did expect her to say fuck it and whip his out..

dg12345

Jan 4, 2018
I like the completed task feature, unfortunately I only had 2 unknown, now none. Was that it?

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes