NutsInMouth95

Formerly 'NutsInMouth96'
Nov 25, 2017
I make stop-motion animations, which means there are 2-4 images that moves in a loop, technically it's an animation, but this is generally not what people refer to when they ask for animations on this forum.
Some people like them, some don't, but I feel like they elevate the game somewhat.
thats enough for me to give it a try :)

Reactions: Fasder

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks! Added the savefile to this message.
Turns out it was a bug, I added an affection level for you so that you can continue. I think the math may have been a little off because you had points from earlier versions, either way I made it more foolproof for it in the future. Thank for being patient, this save should work, if not, let me know.
How do I go on the walks with Jenna and Jenny and Helen?
You need to go to the home location after you see their portraits says "walking" or "walking home", then click go for a walk.

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
Turns out it was a bug, I added an affection level for you so that you can continue. I think the math may have been a little off because you had points from earlier versions, either way I made it more foolproof for it in the future. Thank for being patient, this save should work, if not, let me know.

You need to go to the home location after you see their portraits says "walking" or "walking home", then click go for a walk.
Still no succes, pizza scene still won't start and I went through all other possible choices and dialogs to see if something new showed up :(

Also, my affection points are still the same as in the save I had uploaded. Donno if you meant the ones in the added screenshot or changed something in the coding which I can't see. But alas, nothing new triggered.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Still no succes, pizza scene still won't start and I went through all other possible choices and dialogs to see if something new showed up :(

Also, my affection points are still the same as in the save I had uploaded. Donno if you meant the ones in the added screenshot or changed something in the coding which I can't see. But alas, nothing new triggered.
Looks like I screwed up with saving it.
Either way all you have to do is to press "b" and click once on "jenny affection" for it to increase by one, after that the scene with Jenna should trigger.

Reactions: Een Vieze Vent
Dec 29, 2017
so why cant we just have the option to enable watersports in the option menu... its annoying having to do the convoluted way to enable it... (which i might add hasnt worked for me at all)

Reactions: luisar018

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
so why cant we just have the option to enable watersports in the option menu... its annoying having to do the convoluted way to enable it... (which i might add hasnt worked for me at all)
Because this way, you don't miss out on any scenes.
Because flipping a switch in the preferences menu is not very game like, I also dislike when games ask me "you like this" or "do you like that", it's better if the players actions show what they like and don't like.
If you care to elaborate on what hasn't worked I'm sure we can find a way to solve your issue.

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
Looks like I screwed up with saving it.
Either way all you have to do is to press "b" and click once on "jenny affection" for it to increase by one, after that the scene with Jenna should trigger.
That did the trick! Everything is perfectly smooth now, thanks for taking your time to help me with this, highly appreciated. Looking forward to the rest of the game!

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
I finally got around to check the update and went ahead and started a new game to have a save without water sports as well. Trying story-mode took longer than expected and I'll have a post right below this on that cause I don't really have much to add to what hasn't been said already.

The update:
It's just a day, and after using 'ctrl' to pass the initial glitch, everything went smoothly. The new house is bright and spacey, what's not to like? ^^
I found the clipboards in front of the house a little weird as if who ever placed those there maybe has played Fallout a little too much.
trash.JPG
I assume that that came with the asset and it's a little curious but of course not relevant.
A lot of places still where the story can go from here, time will tell.

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
Story-mode:
Pacing and general flow: Much, much faster than I remember it from playing it on normal. I had 2k cash in no time and affection levels went up like crazy, except for Jenna and Jenny. My guess is that their visits taking place on weekends in combination with the affection ups being relatively low, feels very slow in comparison.
Eventually everything fell into place and the story picked up again.

Minor oddities: Working at uni the description still says:"You will get three questions which gives one point each if you get it right. Each point represent 10$."
After answering those it's:"Mark spends the day working and earns 300$."
And I would change "which gives" to "which give", and "represent" to "represents" but that's not story-mode related.
The pay stays being considered low, for instance while talking to Helen Mark remarks:"Even if the pay isn't the best it's still a job that doesn't suck ass." 300 bucks a day for a small student job equates to... 6k a month? Call me modest, I wouldn't mind that pay for looking over some tests.
Just a sequence thing: I had the smoked salmon lunch-scene come up with Helen after finishing the thesis. Obviously talking about how it's coming along after the fact doesn't make sense anymore.
Otherwise there was nothing that stood out to me in comparison to normal-mode.

Bugs/glitches: No bugs. That is, I had no exception errors come up here either. As for glitches, Jenny showed up twice in that regard. The first time after their laptop being 'cleaned up', she's shown as being in the living room (for the wine-scene?) but it's only her portrait and no way to interact with her.
triggerSad.jpg
The second time she shows up in the store without being there either. Here's a save with that glitch:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think, it only showed me a number while attaching and not the usual icon, hmm... that's the related screenshot:

And I couldn't get Watersports to trigger. Originally I planned to post two story-mode saves (one at the watersports-decision and one before entering the new house) but it didn't work out. While checking for the first time, I compared the old and new save and realized that I never came across pipe-cleaning. Turned out that I always skipped over Jenny being in the store at noon because I went to school to pass time. Working, attending lectures and having lunch with Helen, along with progressing otherwise, just had me missing it all the time up to the cabin scene.
Going back, I triggered it and found (probably) all the walking scenes but watersports didn't show up. Finally I checked the walkthrough and tried it on the next two Saturdays, but J&J didn't show up anymore.
Here are two saves corresponding to that:
The first is where the twins were still around, the second one where they didn't show up anymore. I only skipped to Saturdays to have it triggered, but it never happened. Dunno what I missed but I'm glad that watersports is not my thing.
it's better if the players actions show what they like and don't like.
How is working on a pizzeria website and walking about randomly on a Saturday night an indicator for someone liking watersports? I don't care all that much cause it's not for me anyhow, but that doesn't compute.

Overall impression:
I like it! All things considered, it worked incredibly well for a first test release and some fixing will probably make it possible to 'breeze' through the game even without a hint-system or walkthrough.

Oh, and
If the save upload didn't work, I'll just try a zip file or have a look around on how we're supposed to do it now.
*edit*: Never mind, it still works the same :D

Last edited:

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
My guess is that their visits taking place on weekends
They are locked to only show up on weekends, and there are four scenes in total, which means a minimum of two weeks, no matter what. This also gets postponed due to other events that also trigger during the weekend.
Working at uni the description still says:"You will get three questions which gives one point each if you get it right. Each point represent 10$."
After answering those it's:"Mark spends the day working and earns 300$."
The pay stays being considered low, for instance while talking to Helen Mark remarks:"Even if the pay isn't the best it's still a job that doesn't suck ass." 300 bucks a day for a small student job equates to... 6k a month? Call me modest, I wouldn't mind that pay for looking over some tests.
Yeah, I don't see this as an issue, you know you turned on a mode that the game wasn't designed for.
Reasonably I could change the dialogue, quite a bit from the story.
I could also just say that you're getting $30, even if you're getting 300, which might not be as immersion breaking, but it also might piss people off, making them think they have to grind anyway and closes the game without checking their inventory.

Just a sequence thing: I had the smoked salmon lunch-scene come up with Helen after finishing the thesis. Obviously talking about how it's coming along after the fact doesn't make sense anymore.
Yeah, that's probably in both modes, it could probably be changed without too many issues.

No bugs. That is, I had no exception errors come up here either. As for glitches, Jenny showed up twice in that regard. The first time after their laptop being 'cleaned up', she's shown as being in the living room (for the wine-scene?) but it's only her portrait and no way to interact with her.
Yeah.... those are bugs, I have no idea how that would happen, I'll take a look at the save files.
And I couldn't get Watersports to trigger. Originally I planned to post two story-mode saves (one at the watersports-decision and one before entering the new house) but it didn't work out.
Finally I checked the walkthrough and tried it on the next two Saturdays, but J&J didn't show up anymore.
I only skipped to Saturdays to have it triggered, but it never happened. Dunno what I missed but I'm glad that watersports is not my thing.
This shouldn't be possible, the only thing I can think of is that you skipped until Saturday and then forwarded the time to 01:00 which would mean you're on Sunday.
How is working on a pizzeria website and walking about randomly on a Saturday night an indicator for someone liking watersports? I don't care all that much cause it's not for me anyhow, but that doesn't compute.
If you go after a scene that is specifically stated to be a watersports scene, then it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that the person in question wants to see that scene, no?
With the speed of story-mode, it very much makes it clear that Sarah was going after Mark right from the start of the story. A little on the nose but that's not necessarily a bad thing.
That wasn't a secret or anything, it's been the intention since the very beginning of the game, even before the dawn of this game.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
she's shown as being in the living room (for the wine-scene?)
I've applied a fix to the bug at the Store, but I can't figure out the bug in the living room. If you find it again then I'd very much like to see the save for it, thank you.
And I couldn't get Watersports to trigger.
I looked at the save you pasted and it is as I suspected, you were skipping to Saturday rather than Friday, which made you go out at 01:00 on Sunday rather than Saturday.

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes