Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
Yeah, I don't see this as an issue, you know you turned on a mode that the game wasn't designed for.
Oh, I don't mind. I checked and saw that I in fact had 300 buck more, so it was just a text thing. Adjusting it for brand new players would make it more of a polished experience, and if story-mode ends up becoming a fast paced alternative, it's a little less bumpy.

Yeah.... those are bugs, I have no idea how that would happen, I'll take a look at the save files.
They didn't seem to change the outcome of things or break the game, that's why I put them into the glitch-category. You learn smt. new every day.

If you go after a scene that is specifically stated to be a watersports scene, then it wouldn't be unreasonable to think that the person in question wants to see that scene, no?
Lol... yes, of course. I'm thinking of people that don't download the walkthrough and just play it 'for fun'. I did, and if I had been into watersports I never would have known about it without reading it in the walkthrough or the thread. Heck, I didn't even know about the 'b-button' till I read it here. Don't get me wrong, a walkthrough is *great*, but I would bet that most people don't get a walkthrough for their games initially and just want to play. You can argue that you 'ship' the game with one but at least for me, that ruins the feeling of excitement and surprise to see stuff without knowing about it beforehand.

That wasn't a secret or anything, it's been the intention since the very beginning of the game, even before the dawn of this game.
Sure, I'm just pointing out that it was so much more obvious in story-mode than in normal. Might not be great feedback, but it's only about impressions after all :)

Reactions: Fasder

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
I've applied a fix to the bug at the Store, but I can't figure out the bug in the living room. If you find it again then I'd very much like to see the save for it, thank you.
Cool and no probs, I intended to post it but with all the files flying around I forgot I had it, sorry.
View attachment 1-2-LT1.save
I looked at the save you pasted and it is as I suspected, you were skipping to Saturday rather than Friday, which made you go out at 01:00 on Sunday rather than Saturday.
Weird. I noticed that it could mean Saturday 1:00 am or Sunday, and that's why I skipped ahead to two weekends to make sure I didn't miss it somehow. I'll try my save again later and let you know if it triggered this time.

Last edited:

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Oh, I don't mind. I checked and saw that I in fact had 300 buck more, so it was just a text thing. Adjusting it for brand new players would make it more of a polished experience, and if story-mode ends up becoming a fast paced alternative, it's a little less bumpy.
The problem is that no matter how I change it, the experience will be unpolished, just in a different way.
If I change it to say 30 then it's misleading, if I keep it as 300 then it contradicts what's being said in the game. If I change the dialogue then the story changes, etc.

Heck, I didn't even know about the 'b-button' till I read it here.
That's because I only ever talk about it if someone asks for it. It's very easy to break the game while using it, so the less I talk about it, the better, but if someone wants to use it, then that's on them.

You can argue that you 'ship' the game with one but at least for me, that ruins the feeling of excitement and surprise to see stuff without knowing about it beforehand.
I try to keep things vague in the walkthrough for that very reason.
The thing I want to avoid is "Do you like this stuff?" "Yes/No". Even if someone who likes watersports and doesn't find it, it's not a big deal to me.
What I could do is to add tracking to the initial watersports scene and then have everyone see it and hope that the people who don't like it will actually turn away.

Weird. I noticed that it could mean Saturday 1:00 am or Sunday, and that's why I skipped ahead to two weekends to make sure I didn't miss it somehow. I'll try my save again later and let you know if it triggered this time.
I actually didn't really verify my hypothesis, so I might be wrong about it, but that's what it seemed like to me.

Cool and no probs, I intended to post it but with all the files flying around I forgot I had it, sorry.
Thanks, I'll take a look at it!

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
The thing I want to avoid is "Do you like this stuff?" "Yes/No". Even if someone who likes watersports and doesn't find it, it's not a big deal to me.
What I could do is to add tracking to the initial watersports scene and then have everyone see it and hope that the people who don't like it will actually turn away.
If you don't mind players not finding it, that's fair enough. I don't see it as that huge a deal myself to be honest.
I actually didn't really verify my hypothesis, so I might be wrong about it, but that's what it seemed like to me.
Ah, gotcha. I tried the first and second save again and skipped through with little variation, mostly just uni-work, with our without thesis afterward to pass time more quickly. Long story short: No twins in the early morning.
However, Jenny did show up on Saturday and I let her wait in the living room till 20:00, reliably reproducing the bug. Here's the first save from before, advanced to the next Friday; she should be showing up again for Saturday:
View attachment 1-3-LT1.save
If the twins do trigger in your game, I'll just suspect watersports not being too fond of me either ^^

Last edited:

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Long story short: No twins in the early morning.
Triggers fine for me with the save you provided.
reliably reproducing the bug.
I've already fixed it, but thanks anyway. :)
I'll just suspect watersports not being too fond of me either ^^
I suspect you may be doing something wrong.
From the save you provided:
- Wait 4 hours
- Go to the Home location
- Select "Go for a walk"
- Select Right, Right
That's it, the scene will play.

Reactions: luisar018

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
Triggers fine for me with the save you provided.
I see where the disconnect was now. If everybody, including the twins, is always displayed at their current location on the right side of the screen, why would I look for them when they are not shown?
Yup, they sure are there and I'll post the save with the decision here for everybody who's interested:

View attachment 1-6-LT1.save
(Save 0.09.04 at watersports-decision, last save slot page one)

Shouldn't be too much trouble to catch up to the current update with it, and there's a good amount of content left leading up (for people who skipped a few updates or smt).
Nice to see it solved in any case, thanks ^^

Last edited:

Autismpowers

Oct 6, 2018
Hello @Fasder i am enjoying your game very much, walkthrough was like a heaven for me(law student)
But i am stuck.
I have 5 wine bottles completed everything have 21 intelligence , affection levels are 40 for jenna and jenny, aquired power supply for laptop too but the exam scene is not triggering for me and whenever i click on laptop it says " not implemented yet"
Really wanna play further
Love your work btw

Autismpowers

Oct 6, 2018
Hello @Fasder i am enjoying your game very much, walkthrough was like a heaven for me(law student)
But i am stuck.
I have 5 wine bottles completed everything have 21 intelligence , affection levels are 40 for jenna and jenny, aquired power supply for laptop too but the exam scene is not triggering for me and whenever i click on laptop it says " not implemented yet"
Really wanna play further
Love your work btw
No worries dude, I got it... Love ya

KC440

Jan 17, 2018
So I have to say I really enjoy this game.

I have managed to get myself into a bugged state however.

The witness Jenny cleaning pipes event hasnt been completed and I can no longer trigger it, Neither has the witness Jenny and Jenna cleaning pipes event which means I also cant trigger the work out with Jenny and Jenna event to get to the prepare for the birthday party event. Ill attach my save so that you can see what I mean.

Every now and then Jenny appears as at the store but all I get when I go there is the Buy Something dialog and the guy who works there. I have completed the living room scene with Jenny and Im at 35 affection for both Jenny and Jenna .

Last edited:

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
The witness Jenny cleaning pipes event hasnt been completed
Yeah, I wasn't really aware of this fact since it pretty much always triggers in normal mode, but this is an optional scene. It seems as if it's easy to skip in story mode, something I may or may not do something about.
Neither has the witness Jenny and Jenna cleaning pipes event
This scene doesn't exist, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.
Every now and then Jenny appears as at the store
Yeah, this is a bug, I have fixed it for the next version already.
Im at 35 affection for both Jenny and Jenna .
The problem you have is that you're working out in the morning, which lock you out of working with Jenna and Jenny, you can only work out once per day. :)

KC440

Jan 17, 2018
The problem you have is that you're working out in the morning, which lock you out of working with Jenna and Jenny, you can only work out once per day. :)
Well that solves that then :) Tried it out and sure enough they showed up in the gym.

Neither has the witness Jenny and Jenna cleaning pipes event
^^^ Im not sure my self. I think I may have confused a scene or two.

Thank you for the help with the game. Its an excellent game and Im enjoying it greatly. I took a look at RenPy for a while to try and make a game of my own but I lack the necessary skills with Daz3D to create the visuals I would like.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
Thank you for the help with the game. Its an excellent game and Im enjoying it greatly. I took a look at RenPy for a while to try and make a game of my own but I lack the necessary skills with Daz3D to create the visuals I would like.
Thank you, I'm glad you like my game.
Well, practice makes perfect, put in the time and you'll get better, just as with anything else. :)

Crippy

May 28, 2018
Has anyone created a walkthrough for this? Now, before anyone jumps all over me, please hear me out first.

I downloaded the one on the OP. However, I consider this more of a tutorial than a walkthrough. For me, a walkthrough is pretty much a step-by-step guide in order to achieve maximum results. I understand how a lot of people feel about walkthroughs...it is just how this engineer's brain works (Do not go to step 2 until step 1 has been completed.)

I do not ask for this because all I want to do is get to the animated scenes. I ask for this so that I do not miss any of the non-repeatable scenes. I think that the writing/dialogue is very well written and I read every scene so that I can see not only the scene develop but also the character develop.

If this has not been done or will not be done, that is ok. Just thought that I would check before plowing through all my saves.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
For me, a walkthrough is pretty much a step-by-step guide in order to achieve maximum results.
Maximum results are rather easy to achieve, therefore a step by step walkthrough isn't really necessary.
I ask for this so that I do not miss any of the non-repeatable scenes.
There are only a couple of scenes that can be missed, and if you're not playing in story mode then chances are that you won't miss any.
The scenes I'm talking about are in the non-story scenes section of my documentation, and they are not really connected to the story, they have no impact.
I think that the writing/dialogue is very well written and I read every scene so that I can see not only the scene develop but also the character develop.
Thank you, but generally speaking you can't go to the next scene without seeing the scene that comes before it so it's not really an issue.

Crippy

May 28, 2018
Maximum results are rather easy to achieve, therefore a step by step walkthrough isn't really necessary.

There are only a couple of scenes that can be missed, and if you're not playing in story mode then chances are that you won't miss any.
The scenes I'm talking about are in the non-story scenes section of my documentation, and they are not really connected to the story, they have no impact.

Thank you, but generally speaking you can't go to the next scene without seeing the scene that comes before it so it's not really an issue.

Thank you FASDER for you timely response and a really great game.

Fasder

Open bob
Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
its as high as its letting me get it right now. i think i went home with her cant remember now lol and completed the paper at school and fooled around with her at school
Well, I need specifics, otherwise it's near impossible to help.
It sounds like you did go home with her after the bar scene since you were fooling around with her in school.
But if your affection is only at 25-26 then you need to go for a walk at night and meet up with her. Rinse and repat until you're at 35.

3.50 star(s) 45 Votes