mahem

Apr 15, 2019
Great game, but the Dutch translation is full of grammatical mistakes and just painfully awkward to read.

i havent seen a dutch translation yet that did any good to the story yet, either its a google tanslate, or a translation by someone who doesnt get the story. which ever it may be it will get a ever strange sory playing a dutch translation.
"last man translation" is a verry good example of a bad dutch translation...

Jul 26, 2019
What must I do after I watch the horror movie to trigger the ashley scene? All that happens for me is that she's either on her phone, in the bathroom, and dressing up to sleep in her room.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
What must I do after I watch the horror movie to trigger the ashley scene? All that happens for me is that she's either on her phone, in the bathroom, and dressing up to sleep in her room.
Go to bed and set your alarm clock for 8am. Make sure you leave the door closed. Sleep in your boxers, unless her hint says otherwise.

Reactions: Mercuklienqu121

contramundi

Jul 15, 2018
i have no idea why you quoted a post from 18 months ago, if you have any issues regarding the translation please let me know because there's always room for improvement.

Regarding the quote i have the following to say:

1) at that time he was most definately right saying what he said, the previous translator made a shitshow out of it and it was hard to read and follow, mostly machine-translations i hope, or else the guy was just plain stupid. And not to mention using words that normal dutch people would never use.

2) After taking over the translation in version 0.8.3 i read and reread every single line of dialogue in the game itself and altered a whole lot from what was already translated, making it more readable and at least somewhat grammatically correct. I've not really enjoyed the game for maybe 10 updates or so because every update i only went through the game reading and rereading, altering the translation when needed until i finally was satisfied enough for a release.

As around 12-15k lines of dialogue where already translated i decided not to do a rewrite of it, but simply alter what was already there.

Every 2 or 3 updates i once again do a full reading through every single line of dialogue in game so i can both enjoy playing it and can fish out any remaining errors that i see (1 or 2 releases ago was one with significant changes in the translation.)

3) If both spellcheck gives me a green light for a word, and the sentence seems grammatically correct i use it in the translation, before i send it back to faerin a spellcheck is being used as well.

4) As always, if you find any errors or see stuff that needs improvement, let me know and i can change it. Just quoting something old and not actually mentioning what is wrong is not something i can work with.

Dev07

Oct 17, 2017
Hi guys,
I am kinda stuck. That is , even after googling about Dr. Russo I am not able to proceed further with angel, as it keeps on showing me to google to find out more about Dr. Russo.

Any kind of info will be helpful.
Thank-you.

contramundi

Jul 15, 2018
Hi guys,
I am kinda stuck. That is , even after googling about Dr. Russo I am not able to proceed further with angel, as it keeps on showing me to google to find out more about Dr. Russo.

Thank-you.
looking in the walkthrough i see the following:

- Open your phone and check the Google App. Pick the option to search about “Dr. Russo”.
- Then pick the available option (the rest will unlock as you go through them one by one).

iirc then there's multiple options to choose from every time, the ones you need are from what i recall quite obvious.

ItsMe25

Jun 1, 2019
Hi guys,

Thank-you.
try looking at the walkthrough... it'll tell u everything u need to know :)

Reactions: Mercuklienqu121

mahem

Apr 15, 2019
after a post about the bad dutch translation, i actualy restarted this game to play it in dutch. and he is right the dutch translation is verry poor. besides the grammer mistakes which i could ignore most of the time the translations are way to often an excact translation from english to dutch. forinstance "holy shit" would never be translated by any dutch man to "heilige shit" there are actualy a lot of words in dutch which could be used here, like "verdomd, kollere, or just plain shit, as said i tried to play it in dutch but the mistakes or weird sentence buildup becomes so destracting i actualy was paying more attention to the mistakes then to the story.
it is realy a shame, it would be quite fun to play it in dutch, but as in any languice it isnt fun to do when things are said realy weird and the story becomes weird with it.
by the way, i did do a dutch incest patch it was a bit strange to have that in english when playing a dutch translation.

Last edited:

Noxusa

Mar 12, 2019
isnt here android port ? :(
No. However, ancient legends tell of a tale that one time there was an android port. It was made by the elf Evlorud and given to humans as a token of peace. The humans, however, completely demolished the port. Phone after phone died because of all the accidental cum seeping into it. There hasn't been a working port for at least a few decades. But last time I heard, the Kolvurs up North might have some information...

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
after a post about the bad dutch translation, i actualy restarted this game to play it in dutch. and he is right the dutch translation is verry poor. besides the grammer mistakes which i could ignore most of the time the translations are way to often an excact translation from english to dutch. forinstance "holy shit" would never be translated by any dutch man to "heilige shit" there are actualy a lot of words in dutch which could be used here, like "verdomd, kollere, or just plain shit, as said i tried to play it in dutch but the mistakes or weird sentence buildup becomes so destracting i actualy was paying more attention to the mistakes then to the story.
it is realy a shame, it would be quite fun to play it in dutch, but as in any languice it isnt fun to do when things are said realy weird and the story becomes weird with it.
by the way, i did do a dutch incest patch it was a bit strange to have that in english when playing a dutch translation.
I talked to the dutch translator and he told me that he took over the translation after v0.8.2. He also told me that the previous translator was Belgian or Flamish and probably used machine translation.

Reactions: LeRescator
Sep 5, 2018
Ok, please help me. I can’t find the first two ancient Egypt and the last two interstellar. I tried searching in this thread, but didn’t find walkthrough for these four. Any kind soul’s help?

4.20 star(s) 255 Votes