3.50 star(s) 68 Votes

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Yes. They have taken a lot of time to help and explain. But. They should not have to. DoOver is quite correct. The fact remains that this whole process is just ridiculous. Name a single other game in F95, where such a convoluted process is required purely because the Dev cannot make an update that recognises previous versions of their own game?
It's really not that complex. I suck at technology, and I had no issue. Only real Karen's will bitch about a free meal. *shrug*

Reactions: AceOfNiagara

woj_tec

Oct 10, 2017
Yes. They have taken a lot of time to help and explain. But. They should not have to. DoOver is quite correct. The fact remains that this whole process is just ridiculous. Name a single other game in F95, where such a convoluted process is required purely because the Dev cannot make an update that recognises previous versions of their own game?
you are newbie... don't played many games from this site... old saves don't work is a habit...

Gourdgone

Aug 14, 2020
Hey guys. Great game, I have a question though.

I have read through pretty much all of the technical help in this thread but can't seem to get the correct save from week 1 to week 2 (uncensored+).

I have gone so far as to delete everything (week1 and week2) and installed fresh copies of both, patched both (with their uncensored patches) and zipped through week1 on uncensored+ to get the appropriate save at the end.

Somehow even after deleting both versions and installing new ones, the new ones had my old saves. I have no idea how that can happen if I am deleting everything. Anyone have an idea?

Also thank you ahead of time for reading this and any response!

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Ren
Hey guys. Great game, I have a question though.

I have read through pretty much all of the technical help in this thread but can't seem to get the correct save from week 1 to week 2 (uncensored+).

I have gone so far as to delete everything (week1 and week2) and installed fresh copies of both, patched both (with their uncensored patches) and zipped through week1 on uncensored+ to get the appropriate save at the end.

Somehow even after deleting both versions and installing new ones, the new ones had my old saves. I have no idea how that can happen if I am deleting everything. Anyone have an idea?

Also thank you ahead of time for reading this and any response!
Depends on how you went about deleting your old saves.
Renpy games on PC has two save locations. The obvious one with in the game folder itself, the other is kinda hidden.
Open a file explorer window and type into the address bar %appdata%/renpy
There you will find all of the "hidden" renpy saves. Look for MaouSama-1582097659 (week1) and Maou-Sama2-1582097659 (week2) folders. Within them is the saves you thought you deleted.

The easier way is when you have the game opened to the load screen, just hover the mouse over one and tap the delete key on your keyboard.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Ren

Depends on how you went about deleting your old saves.
Renpy games on PC has two save locations. The obvious one with in the game folder itself, the other is kinda hidden.
Open a file explorer window and type into the address bar %appdata%/renpy
There you will find all of the "hidden" renpy saves. Look for MaouSama-1582097659 (week1) and Maou-Sama2-1582097659 (week2) folders. Within them is the saves you thought you deleted.

The easier way is when you have the game opened to the load screen, just hover the mouse over one and tap the delete key on your keyboard.
Dude you are like the 411 of this forum :love: I never knew you could do the load screen mouse thingy. Thank you

measlyline

Apr 17, 2020
screenshot0001.png hello I can not play I do not know where is the incien save and it puts me when I want to start a new game and when I click in the middle nothing happens

D

Deleted member 2864846

Week 1 patch is under the "Show Previous version" just below the link for week2
Downloaded the Week 1 patch, placed it in the correct folder, and I'm getting an error. Error only happens with the patch in place. Anyone know how to fix this? What'd I do wrong?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.
error: Error -5 while decompressing data: incomplete or truncated stream

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\theki\Documents\AVN\MaouSamaWeek1-Final-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\theki\Documents\AVN\MaouSamaWeek1-Final-pc\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\theki\Documents\AVN\MaouSamaWeek1-Final-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Nov 30 01:50:17 2020

Edit: Is Week 1 uncensored/pre-patched? Is that where I'm fucking up?

Last edited by a moderator:

wadere

Jan 6, 2018
Downloaded the Week 1 patch, placed it in the correct folder, and I'm getting an error. Error only happens with the patch in place. Anyone know how to fix this? What'd I do wrong?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

Before loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\theki\Documents\AVN\MaouSamaWeek1-Final-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\theki\Documents\AVN\MaouSamaWeek1-Final-pc\renpy\main.py", line 357, in main
renpy.loader.index_archives()
File "C:\Users\theki\Documents\AVN\MaouSamaWeek1-Final-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 136, in index_archives
index = loads(f.read().decode("zlib"))
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/zlib_codec.py", line 43, in zlib_decode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Nov 30 01:50:17 2020

Edit: Is Week 1 uncensored/pre-patched? Is that where I'm fucking up?
just in case you're still having that problem. it say that it's a decompressing issue so maybe download it again, move it again and if you still have that issue then your computer might have a problem, might being the key word, don't rush things and try what you can before being overstressed over that idea. have a good day and all, hope you can play soon

Gourdgone

Aug 14, 2020
Does anyone have a week 1 Uncensored+ Save that they could share? I saw one earlier but I think it was pre-patch week 1. Still having trouble getting week2 to be Uncensored (even with week2 patch). So trying to just get a correct save to work.

Thanks in advance if so!

Evil-Neko

Jun 26, 2020
Does anyone have a week 1 Uncensored+ Save that they could share? I saw one earlier but I think it was pre-patch week 1. Still having trouble getting week2 to be Uncensored (even with week2 patch). So trying to just get a correct save to work.

Thanks in advance if so!
Uncensored+ you get,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This way you make sure, that you chosed the decisions and names and not anyone else

Reactions: Repuci

Gourdgone

Aug 14, 2020
Uncensored+ you get,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This way you make sure, that you chosed the decisions and names and not anyone else
Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I have tried this already. I even deleted and re-installed both versions, added patches, started brand new week1 (skipped through) with Uncensored+ initiated. The save from it doesn't get recognized when I start week2 (with path installed on week2).

The save from a non-patched week1 does get recognized, I tried finding the saves in the windows directory but nothing came up. I have lots of saves in week1 and the end of week1 keyword saves as well.

I feel like there is something simple I'm missing. I have read through every single page on this thread which was actually quite enjoyable since I like this game so much and the posters here are entertaining and intelligent!

Thank you again for the patience you guys are having in explaining this. My game is on an external hard drive that is very fast (one of the best out there) and has no issues running any other games etc.

Looking forward to any other trouble shooting ideas anyone has!

3.50 star(s) 68 Votes