VN Ren'Py Martyr of Love [v5.0] [AlienCat69]

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
AlienCat

I'd like to mention a couple things. If you haven't already, you can open up a ticket to the Staff for a Developer tag so we can see you're the author.

Another thing is AI-denoising, which I had suggested to another author, to reduce your render times and increase render quality all at once (less or no grainy images at fewer render passes). You might be able to find an opensource denoiser online, or if you have a good Nvidia GFX card (3000-series or higher, I believe), some programs offer the option to use Optix denoising in the final render.

Good luck with the game, ExtraterrestrialFeline :KEK:

AlienCat

Nov 22, 2020
AlienCat

I'd like to mention a couple things. If you haven't already, you can open up a ticket to the Staff for a Developer tag so we can see you're the author.

Another thing is AI-denoising, which I had suggested to another author, to reduce your render times and increase render quality all at once (less or no grainy images at fewer render passes). You might be able to find an opensource denoiser online, or if you have a good Nvidia GFX card (3000-series or higher, I believe), some programs offer the option to use Optix denoising in the final render.

Good luck with the game, ExtraterrestrialFeline :KEK:
Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Gabaw

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

For those few who are asking me if this VN is on hold or abandoned, it's not! I work on this project every night, I just don't release every month.
I have a day job, can't make a living out of VNs yet...
Thank you for your support and interest, I promise to release next episode by the end of April.
Hugs.
AlienCat.

Reactions: FSDL

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I'm conflicted. It wasn't really bad or anything, but from what is shown, it feels like it is going to go down a path I won't enjoy. First time trying this one, and it was alright. Writing is fun, base story is decent, some funny moments, so yeah, not too bad. But then there is the other stuff.

First off, the game is a series of flashbacks. It's all stuff that already happened in your past. You get to make choices here and there for some things, but otherwise whatever you do, already happened in the past. Not the present. So you're just reliving some memories.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So yeah. Don't really know what to think of this game. If that is how this is going to go, then this definitely won't be for me. Not a fan at all of forced content with no choices. Still regardless of how I feel about, I wish you luck with your project and thanks.

AlienCat

Nov 22, 2020
I'm conflicted. It wasn't really bad or anything, but from what is shown, it feels like it is going to go down a path I won't enjoy. First time trying this one, and it was alright. Writing is fun, base story is decent, some funny moments, so yeah, not too bad. But then there is the other stuff.

First off, the game is a series of flashbacks. It's all stuff that already happened in your past. You get to make choices here and there for some things, but otherwise whatever you do, already happened in the past. Not the present. So you're just reliving some memories.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So yeah. Don't really know what to think of this game. If that is how this is going to go, then this definitely won't be for me. Not a fan at all of forced content with no choices. Still regardless of how I feel about, I wish you luck with your project and thanks.
I like this, it's nice to know people are spending their time playing your stuff. The initial scene with MC regretting everything and all is one of multiple endings, you'll unlock it if you have sex with Christina, it'll be your choice. Since the moment you go back home and go to college, it's not a flashback anymore. The fact that you're getting this wrong made me think I made a mistake. I'll take a look at it.

PS. I just saw the overview on this site and it certainly doesn't help, I understand why you think my VN is a collection of flashbacks XD I wrote that one for my beta realease, when my game was literally the flashback only. This is a better game description taken from Itch.io (not final though):

MC is a young man very passionate about football(soccer), music, art. Raised in a conservative environment, he'll constantly overthink situations that go against his principles. You'll have to decide how he solves these moral dilemmas.

On his journey to adulthood, he'll be greatly influenced by the people he comes across...some will leave lessons that last a lifetime.

Could he remain the same decent kid once he goes through real pain? Could he stay loyal to his friends and family or his demons will finally eat him alive?

Come play this VN to unfold a path of corruption or become the martyr of love...

(or find out who the real martyr is...)

The story begins with one of the multiple possible endings.

Last edited:
Reactions: ktunga

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I like this, it's nice to know people are spending their time playing your stuff. The initial scene with MC regretting everything and all is one of multiple endings, you'll unlock it if you have sex with Christina, it'll be your choice. Since the moment you go back home and go to college, it's not a flashback anymore. The fact that you're getting this wrong made me think I made a mistake. I'll take a look at it.

PS. I just saw the overview on this site and it certainly doesn't help, I understand why you think my VN is a collection of flashbacks XD I wrote that one for my beta realease, when my game was literally the flashback only. This is a better game description taken from Itch.io (not final though):

MC is a young man very passionate about football(soccer), music, art. Raised in a conservative environment, he'll constantly overthink situations that go against his principles. You'll have to decide how he solves these moral dilemmas.

On his journey to adulthood, he'll be greatly influenced by the people he comes across...some will leave lessons that last a lifetime.

Could he remain the same decent kid once he goes through real pain? Could he stay loyal to his friends and family or his demons will finally eat him alive?

Come play this VN to unfold a path of corruption or become the martyr of love...

The main reason I said it was all a flashback, is because in the beginning, MC is nicely dressed in an office with different hair. In all the other scenes, he has long hair and is in college, which makes me assume it is a flashback because in the early part he is working in an office after college and reflecting back about snails, which was something that happened back in college with Samantha.

So the story itself shows it all as a flashback he is having while in the office in the present. And that flashback shows him having sex with Christina and there was no choice.

Reactions: AlienCat

Moviebuff3000

Dec 9, 2017

You need to really change your first Chapter because when the game starts out or at least that is how it is for the Android version it shows the MC older and much shorter hair and then as he starts to have flashbacks it shows him starting to have sex with Christina which doesn't seem like there is a choice there. There is much that is forced on the MC especially his relationship with Samantha which I get because then we can meet her Milf mother. The thing that gets me in Part 3 is sex with Camille which is forced when it should be a choice there or not to cheat, yeah it is a choice to "stay" at the party or go with Samantha BUT it should also be a choice to have sex with Camille or not. I don't know who beta tests your game but there is obviously a lot of forced stuff that many players won't like and will be turned off by it. You started out good with the first Chapter BUT it could use a bit more choices. Also it is hard to know by the banner here who most of the LI's are going to be which should be updated. Also the conversation with Samantha's dad about how he wants to be with Josephine which almost tells me that choice there is going to be forced especially IF you want to cuck him with his wife. Not a bad story BUT I think some things just need to be rethought.

AlienCat

Nov 22, 2020
The main reason I said it was all a flashback, is because in the beginning, MC is nicely dressed in an office with different hair. In all the other scenes, he has long hair and is in college, which makes me assume it is a flashback because in the early part he is working in an office after college and reflecting back about snails, which was something that happened back in college with Samantha.

So the story itself shows it all as a flashback he is having while in the office in the present. And that flashback shows him having sex with Christina and there was no choice.
Long hair MC will get to be short hair MC...or not, according to your choices. It's a story that started with a possible end that's all. It's not finished.

Reactions: ktunga

AlienCat

Nov 22, 2020
You need to really change your first Chapter because when the game starts out or at least that is how it is for the Android version it shows the MC older and much shorter hair and then as he starts to have flashbacks it shows him starting to have sex with Christina which doesn't seem like there is a choice there. There is much that is forced on the MC especially his relationship with Samantha which I get because then we can meet her Milf mother. The thing that gets me in Part 3 is sex with Camille which is forced when it should be a choice there or not to cheat, yeah it is a choice to "stay" at the party or go with Samantha BUT it should also be a choice to have sex with Camille or not. I don't know who beta tests your game but there is obviously a lot of forced stuff that many players won't like and will be turned off by it. You started out good with the first Chapter BUT it could use a bit more choices. Also it is hard to know by the banner here who most of the LI's are going to be which should be updated. Also the conversation with Samantha's dad about how he wants to be with Josephine which almost tells me that choice there is going to be forced especially IF you want to cuck him with his wife. Not a bad story BUT I think some things just need to be rethought.
Same answer about the beginning.
Yeah, as you say it's possible to stay loyal to Samantha, didn't see it necessary to add a yes/no choice when Camille's naked in front of you, MC wouldn't say "Good bye, I'm going home." He has a weakness. But yeah, if people want it, I'll add it.
I have no control over the banner here, my patreon has the latest one.

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes