ShinCore

May 19, 2020
You think there could be some "scumbag-level" player-induced spikes in market prices in the future on top of random events?
Like maybe paying some gang to terrorize the food transportation system? :devilish::coffee:
Previous brainstorming sessions on discord gave birth to the "Crimelord" concept update that will come out sometime after this major 0.8 update shakes out (no firm date, its TBD).

The idea was that the player could decide to help keep order and improve the city by cleaning up the streets, and taking on missions and bounties from the government to maintain law and order. This would result in bonus influence, rewards (possibly be awarded a position in government) and the city supply levels for essential resources would remain stable. Or.....

You could opt to help disrupt and destabilize Ikaanos by investing and participating in criminal enterprises, resulting in influence loss, but possibly gaining INFAMY and profit from illegal smuggling, slave trafficking, kidnapping, drug dealing etc. This would result in increased crime and poor trade and supply for the city, driving costs up.

None of this has been coded into the game yet, but GD-studios has mentioned multiple times that it is a WIP.

However, the current focus is bugtesting the alpha version 0.8 (now version C II) for stability and tweaks. Since it introduces several major new features (revamped slave interaction screen, replacement of chemistry w/medicine, customizable slaves, slave auctions, and still working on the random slave generator), we are going to need to take time to shake things out.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Previous brainstorming sessions on discord gave birth to the "Crimelord" concept update that will come out sometime after this major 0.8 update shakes out (no firm date, its TBD).

The idea was that the player could decide to help keep order and improve the city by cleaning up the streets, and taking on missions and bounties from the government to maintain law and order. This would result in bonus influence, rewards (possibly be awarded a position in government) and the city supply levels for essential resources would remain stable. Or.....

You could opt to help disrupt and destabilize Ikaanos by investing and participating in criminal enterprises, resulting in influence loss, but possibly gaining INFAMY and profit from illegal smuggling, slave trafficking, kidnapping, drug dealing etc. This would result in increased crime and poor trade and supply for the city, driving costs up.

None of this has been coded into the game yet, but GD-studios has mentioned multiple times that it is a WIP.

However, the current focus is bugtesting the alpha version 0.8 (now version C II) for stability and tweaks. Since it introduces several major new features (revamped slave interaction screen, replacement of chemistry w/medicine, customizable slaves, slave auctions, and still working on the random slave generator), we are going to need to take time to shake things out.
Sounds interesting.
I just hope that in the future control of the entire planet will be possible, not just stopping at "crime lord." :devilish::coffee:
And then, perhaps even further than that. But it's probably in the mentioned before MOR II in the, i'm sure, fairly far off future.
Anyway sounds good to me, have fun working boys. :giggle::coffee:

Reactions: GD-studios

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
See my above posts.. I've been reporting bugs both here and on SSA. Glad you are as well. You seem to be implying you are doing me a favor by reporting bugs. That's silly.
well, bug finder and reporter is a full time job and doing it for free is benefiting the entire community.
so anyone doing so is actually doing a favor to the author and all the players.

Jun 10, 2022
well, bug finder and reporter is a full time job and doing it for free is benefiting the entire community.
Bug testing is incredibly valuable. Post at someone that you're doing them a personal favor for bug testing is silly. No one is bug testing as an act of benevolence or charity. My post was in response to a post that came across as quite entitled.

Reactions: Green83rry

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Doing this "for free" have no sense if you don't test the last version.

And, as I know, if you test the last one it's more "pay to test" than "test for free" :)

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
At the risk of necro, did you ever hear anything about the Book of Coded Gibberish?
uhhh... i believe that has been continued. part of the gellar storyline? i think?

sorry ive been playtesting a high willpower training method with the new 0.8C II alpha test version. I kinda blaze thru a certain sequence of quests on automatic and then branch off into what im trying to bug find/theorycraft. i kinda dont read the quest texts when im in that mode.

im more into the simulation/management/game mechanics part of the game, with a secondary interest in the world lore/quests.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018

It can be a dangerous diection if management of slaves by fear is not made better than in 0.7 because it will be a weird gameplay to be evil out of the house and carebear in the house :rolleyes:

Else it's a very good idea to permit an evil RP, difficult to do generally but can be very good.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
It can be a dangerous diection if management of slaves by fear is not made better than in 0.7 because it will be a weird gameplay to be evil out of the house and carebear in the house :rolleyes:

Else it's a very good idea to permit an evil RP, difficult to do generally but can be very good.
FROM DISCORD:

RELEVANT PORTION:
Alpha 0.8d+ will include the Fear and Defiance systems, new punishment options, Aria's first quest and more details on slaves' birthdays. That/those versions are scheduled for next week or the week after that and will be the last updates before a public release.

The Afraid/Fear and Defiance frameworks are already in partially in 0.8C II. This will allow more options in influencing/training ones slaves thru less than carebear methods. Rather thru Affection/Corruption, players will be able to ensure desired behavioral responses thru methods resembling the moral equivalent of "evil", rather than "good".

Well, as "good" as a registered slaveowner taking advantage of those with less rights and unfortunate circumstances in a dystopian society geared towards enforcing legalized slavery can be considered to be.

Defiance will be generated from less than proper responses from poor, misguided girls whos willpower is distastefully strong. These points can then be used in the new punishment options to apply "justified and moral" corrections to unseemly character flaws. Namely, disobedience and lack of discipline.

These "corrections" will consume defiance points. Since you will be in the moral "right" in your "guidance" of your slave, they will result in the desired attitude adjustments with minimal (if any) repercussions.

Reactions: Haruba

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Sounds good, i'm nice as long as i'm obeyed, not running a charity after all.

So as a slave should just do as you're told and get roof over your head, food, and protection in exchange.
Maybe even nice clothes if i find them especially useful.

I'm sure that is more than many could say they have in such a dystopian setting (like those kids in the church, hopefully i can put them under my wing and find them some work, maybe the boy would make a nice bodyguard if trained, and the girl can be a maid or a garden caretaker), and yet some dare to show me their shit-eating attitude and even run away. Run away where anyway?
To live as some vagrant in some ditch with no roof and no food and probably with the extra 'bonus' of getting raped or killed at any moment? What a genius decision. :ROFLMAO::coffee:

So yeah, fuck being nice for no reason, tired from that shit. :whistle::coffee:

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
Speaking about that ruined church though... i've been thinking that it would be nice if that place was available for purchase.
We could turn it into anything, a brothel on top as cover.. and a military base under it, for example.
Those old tunnels looked promising so after we clear out the zombies they could be put to any use imaginable, especially if those tunnels could be cleared and it would turn out that they sprawl under the entire city... that could be beneficial for many things including smuggling.

:unsure::coffee: Thoughts?

And yes in case you wonder why military base... well, obviously to create your own private army.
Which can then be put to any number of uses, from the protection of our holdings, to "violent negotiations" with some other annoying houses who get in our way, especially if you gonna ally yourself with one of them and eventually take over leadership.
:whistle::coffee: To lending your boys as mercs to protect caravans or to carry out raids on them... really, only your imagination is the limit here.

Last edited:

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
FROM DISCORD:

RELEVANT PORTION:
Alpha 0.8d+ will include the Fear and Defiance systems, new punishment options, Aria's first quest and more details on slaves' birthdays. That/those versions are scheduled for next week or the week after that and will be the last updates before a public release.

The Afraid/Fear and Defiance frameworks are already in partially in 0.8C II. This will allow more options in influencing/training ones slaves thru less than carebear methods. Rather thru Affection/Corruption, players will be able to ensure desired behavioral responses thru methods resembling the moral equivalent of "evil", rather than "good".

Well, as "good" as a registered slaveowner taking advantage of those with less rights and unfortunate circumstances in a dystopian society geared towards enforcing legalized slavery can be considered to be.

Defiance will be generated from less than proper responses from poor, misguided girls whos willpower is distastefully strong. These points can then be used in the new punishment options to apply "justified and moral" corrections to unseemly character flaws. Namely, disobedience and lack of discipline.

These "corrections" will consume defiance points. Since you will be in the moral "right" in your "guidance" of your slave, they will result in the desired attitude adjustments with minimal (if any) repercussions.
Thx, it seems very good and I'm more and more interested in the 0.8x, at least for the new slave system and now for more...

I did exit discord some weeks ago because it's too frustrating to follow the dev without having the money to subscribe but I'm happy to see some discussions we had concerning "fear" have been considered :)

Continue the good job hoping twine will be strong enough while the gameplay grow.

Haruba

Mar 6, 2022
Thx, it seems very good and I'm more and more interested in the 0.8x, at least for the new slave system and now for more...

I did exit discord some weeks ago because it's too frustrating to follow the dev without having the money to subscribe but I'm happy to see some discussions we had concerning "fear" have been considered :)

Continue the good job hoping twine will be strong enough while the gameplay grow.
i had a look at this and some other twine code and that showed that since since it.s using/creating javascript and one could write much more maintainable code than is currently used, eg arrays $var[1] instead of $var1; objects $girl.strength instead of $girl_strength resp ultimately $girls[$girl_name].strength and copying one by one when switching active girls, use of functions/marcos so $aarousal += arrousal_change($girls[$girl_name], $nastiness_level_of_interaction) instead of doing it currently like 5*10 times for vaginal ,anal ,oral, bondage,all girl level, all player levels etc. the current amount of code repetition is quite staggering and it's a mystery for me, how he's able to maintain it currently. So, twine imho won't be the limit

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Hargan2

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
i had a look at this and some other twine code and that showed that since since it.s using/creating javascript and one could write much more maintainable code than is currently used, eg arrays $var[1] instead of $var1; objects $girl.strength instead of $girl_strength resp ultimately $girls[$girl_name].strength and copying one by one when switching active girls, use of functions/marcos so $aarousal += arrousal_change($girls[$girl_name], $nastiness_level_of_interaction) instead of doing it currently like 5*10 times for vaginal ,anal ,oral, bondage,all girl level, all player levels etc. the current amount of code repetition is quite staggering and it's a mystery for me, how he's able to maintain it currently. So, twine imho won't be the limit
Interesting. I know engine load is something that GD-studios has been keeping in mind as he introduces new content and features, so I wonder if any of this would help with that?

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
Bah, GD-studios is aware of that and it's by choice so there is nothing to discuss :)

On another side I personnaly prefer someone having good narrative style and good ideas than a perfect tech without any idea or graphics abilities.

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
I've been rather consistent in the way I've programmed MoR. Once I get into making a sequel or another game, I would use a different coding strategy now that I've expanded my JS/TwineScript skills. But the current code works fine, there's no noticeable extra engine load from using variables vs arrays in the (relatively) simple html structure of a 2D Twine game. The only downside is that it's harder for an outsider to wrap his head around it - but I have no trouble navigating through my own creation, which has reached a rather "finished" state by now. What remains atm is adding content and stories. Restructuring the entire code base would halt production of new slaves, maps and quests by many months. It's also nothing I deem necessary for my own mental health's sake :).

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes