X07Zero

Mar 21, 2021
Sorry if it already answered (can't find it) but how can I fix this

Bug01.jpg Bug02.jpg Bug03.jpg Bug04.jpg

Edit: I play with 1920x1080 on chrome

And I read somewhere that HP is linked to another stat and told to read WIKI but can't find where it's mentioned...so, can you tell me how to rise Max HP and max stamina point please, thank

Last edited:

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
i had a look at this and some other twine code and that showed that since since it.s using/creating javascript and one could write much more maintainable code than is currently used, eg arrays $var[1] instead of $var1; objects $girl.strength instead of $girl_strength resp ultimately $girls[$girl_name].strength and copying one by one when switching active girls, use of functions/marcos so $aarousal += arrousal_change($girls[$girl_name], $nastiness_level_of_interaction) instead of doing it currently like 5*10 times for vaginal ,anal ,oral, bondage,all girl level, all player levels etc. the current amount of code repetition is quite staggering and it's a mystery for me, how he's able to maintain it currently. So, twine imho won't be the limit
your not the first person to mention something like that, and i freely admit that my knowledge and experience with twine/sugarcube is limited at best, so i can only go by what other people say.

my (very basic) understanding is that using variables vs arrays has it positives and negatives. and i have played html/twine/sugarcube games that seemed to utilize more arrays/javascript. they had some pretty damn fancy features, but seemed to suffer from a number of issues like performance degradation, glitches and bugs.

at the end of the day, if it works, it works. granted, as the game expands further, Grim may need to reconsider his current approach. but i feel that his current style of coding allows him to output fairly stable iterations at a damn quick pace. the growth of the game has been pretty damn fast since i became a fan back in jan (i think).

and if you take into account that he is a solo developer, and responding to community feedback and concerns on a daily basis, marketing the game in the limited way a NSFW game can be marketed (with some help from some volunteers), while still managing to balance that against living an adult life with all the commitments and responsibilities that come with that...

... its hard to be critical, in my opinion. hes not perfect, but hes been doing a damn good job.

X07Zero

Mar 21, 2021
The fuck?

And thats on chrome on a computer?

What version are you on? 0.794, the latest public release? and where did you download the game from?
Yep, 0.794 on Chrome on PC, and I got the game both on this site's MEGA and on GrimDark's Itch.io link...the same happen

From Itch site, I saw someone that I think has the same problem as me, it happen 120 days ago though

Edit : after carefully reread, looks like that is not the same problem as me +_+;

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Yep, 0.794 on Chrome on PC, and I got the game both on this site's MEGA and on GrimDark's Itch.io link...the same happen

From Itch site, I saw someone that I think has the same problem as me, it happen 120 days ago though

Edit : after carefully reread, looks like that is not the same problem as me +_+;
somethings not right. the formatting within the windows should be relative, that breakage shouldnt be happening.

EDIT: would you be comfortable sharing your save with me? you can send it via PM here (i think), or on the discord.

Strec

Feb 20, 2018
and if you take into account that he is a solo developer,
Key is here, in any case any solo dev will be limited on the number of girls that can be managed, managing variables or arrays have no weight compared to the graphical work and psersonalizing of NPCs, so there is not really bad choice.

Arrays are mandatory when the datas can be "unlimited" for example when they can come from external sources (Whoremaster, Brothel King, Strive for Power, ...) or are procedurally generated (Free Cities, HHS, Lab Rats 2, Lifeplay) but while it's not the case it's not very important, at least while the dev is solo and the number of NPCs is limited.

Reactions: GD-studios

X07Zero

Mar 21, 2021
somethings not right. the formatting within the windows should be relative, that breakage shouldnt be happening.

EDIT: would you be comfortable sharing your save with me? you can send it via PM here (i think), or on the discord.
Save? the one that was saved on disk? will send it to PM will attach it here if that is ok

Look like my leecher+lurker habit backfire on me this time...I can't PM, This game is so good it lure me out of the den XD

Last edited:

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021

Are you experiencing the same problem with other browsers? What is your OS? Are you perhaps using a ChromeBook?

X07Zero

Mar 21, 2021
Are you experiencing the same problem with other browsers? What is your OS? Are you perhaps using a ChromeBook?
My OS is Windows 10 Pro, play on normal Chrome? ( lunch it from start_game.html)
......and, the same problem on firefox but it's NORMAL on Edge, what the...o_O

Edit: All 3 browsers are up to date

Last edited:

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
My OS is Windows 10 Pro, play on normal Chrome? ( lunch it from start_game.html)
......and, the same problem on firefox but it's NORMAL on Edge, what the...o_O

Edit: All 3 browsers are up to date
normal on EDGE?! WTF...

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
FROM DISCORD:

GrimDark — Today at 4:16 AM
FEAR

A new attribute/value that'll basically make slaves more compliant and less keen on escaping or doing something against your will. Regardless of their current Willpower and mentally fortifying traits.

FEAR fades quickly, however, automatically decreasing by itself. It fades even quicker if you treat your slaves kindly, abort sex if they feel uncomfortable, etc.

Maintaining a high FEAR has it downsides on Affection and study focus, while also increasing Discipline and certain Traits. Having a high FEAR while sparring melee combat with your slave is a good way to increase their toughness - enabling them to eventually grow a Tough or Steel Maiden trait (Health 100).

Regardless of this, HOW should the MC be able to instill FEAR?

We have the new Talk section, IE by using threatening words, but there could (and should) be other ways too.

Any suggestions?

UPDATED WIKI ENTRY:

ADDTION:

GrimDark — Today at 10:37 PM
Great suggestions!

Currently implemented:

- All slaves, that are NOT tied up in bondage, drops one Fear point per day.

- All slaves, that are NOT tied up in bondage, with WILLPOWER ABOVE 69, drops one additional Fear point per day.

- Having a slave tied up in bondage over night adds one Fear point per slave, as long as they don't have the JADED trait.

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
MASS DISCORD DUMP BECAUSE GRIM IS A FUCKING MACHINE THAT WONT STOP UPDATING:

GrimDark — Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Again, who doesn't love all the small details?

Here's a unique birthday example - involving the teddy bear. Gifts and doing stuff with your favorite girls on their special days can give big Happiness and Affection boosts, including unique dialogues.
1657965431357.png

GrimDark — Today at 1:51 AM
The Birthday engine has been uniquely adapted to display when, where and how you take your girl out on dinner.

Lovisa, who happens to turn 18 on the same day you buy her at Kymanto Hall, will say something like this if you decide to take her out on her very first day and Proclaim Birthday (always optional).

This is just one of several random dialogues. Next playthrough might be completely different.

If you've hurt her or made her angry before going out, or if you decide to bring your other household girl with you, the dialogues will be different as well.

As you can see in the example below - Traits that activate, in combination with high bonuses, might make this a really, really special night for the both of you (the daddy trait has been activated as my MC is above 40).

(CANT COPY IMAGES FOR SOME REASON, SEE DISCORD)

GrimDark — Today at 10:43 PM
I've now started to add Trait raising events and effects. This is the best way to increase the oral fixation trait - make your girl cum while she's giving you a blowjob!
1657965298462.png

GrimDark — Today at 11:51 PM
First version of a revamped Interaction Status Screen. Also shown here is the new common symbol for changing between numbers and descriptions. The same icon can be found in the Slave Control Menu.
1657965250095.png

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: cuchulin and Lerd0

X07Zero

Mar 21, 2021
Ok, this's maybe my last post about this please bear with me but something really weird happens here

On Firefox ONE bug about choosing slave class does not happen

FF bug 1.jpg FF bug 2.jpg FF not bug 3.jpg FF bug 4.jpg

and this is on Edge everything normal

Edge normal 1.jpg Edge normal 2.jpg Edge normal 3.jpg Edge normal 4.jpg

This made my head hurt =_=;

• Thinking Face
Reactions: GD-studios

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
Ok, this's maybe my last post about this please bear with me but something really weird happens here

On Firefox ONE bug about choosing slave class does not happen

View attachment 1928445 View attachment 1928446 View attachment 1928447 View attachment 1928448

and this is on Edge everything normal

View attachment 1928450 View attachment 1928451 View attachment 1928452 View attachment 1928453

This made my head hurt =_=;
Are you playing on a laptop?

Screen size?

This is new to me too. Looks like it usually does when playing on joiplay, tablets or phones. Never had this on a PC though.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes