♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
ever wonder how rumors got started? Void did it! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Well, i mean, if the problem is:
no female MC. grim considered how much work it would take to revamp all possible NPC interactions and descriptions to make them modular to the gender of the MC...
then i think he fainted.
Then all we need is to start making the next game to solve it. :whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
This guy's asking the real questions. Is mind control possible? There goes game balance, here comes fun.
the mindmancer drug is close to that.

also, we were discussing chemical and surgical ways to add/remove traits from any of the girls in discord the other night. the alpha has the hospital, and the slave hall in it (not completed yet though).

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
Oh, I just read it in a thread on itch.io when I hunt for a fix for my problem but that was more than 4 months ago, looks like it's off the table now XD
while Grim is still working on MoR, hes discussed features that he didnt think would work in the current twine/sugarcube engine (at this time, and his current skill level at least). those features he has on his MoR 2 list.

if things change and he can add it in to MoR 1, then he will pull it off that list and queue it in his current roadmap.

HOWEVER, while expanding the MC to include female/other is technically possible, it would be a huge pain at this current stage and delay progress on the higher priority features and promised subscribestar adult goals that have been reached by a significant amount.

lastly, Grim was not confident in being able to do the required writing for a female/other MC perspective, and the requisite Unique slaves responses that would need to be adjusted for the differing MC sexual orientation. at least, not decently.

he would rather not release something lackluster or poor.

EDIT 1: it is my personal hope that Grim will gain a ton of experience from developing MoR, and that when the time comes for him to look to starting MoR II, he will be able to do so with and engine that will be able to accommodate his vision, AND enable him to create a game that is modular to the point where folks will be able to add their own desired content seamlessly and easily.

a game framework like that would limited only be the creativity and imagination of its playerbase. i think that would truly be awesome!

EDIT 2: if the first option is not possible, i have a side project that is on hold at the moment because i am waiting for the tech to catch up with what I need, and that is a large language model AI. currently there are several open source projects that are very close to providing what i need, prob a month or two more. once they are able to, i am going to restart work on using a natural language AI to help supplement the creative writing featured in MoR. if i can manage to get it to behave, then it will be possible to have an AI write in all the required dialogue for alternate MC's as well as greatly expand the current writing with more varied, responsive and specific dialogue. this would also be possible to accomplish at an much faster rate than normal.

this project was what led me to Grim and MoR in the first place, as i was looking for something to demo my previous setups with.

Last edited:

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

GrimDark — Today at 8:09 PM
This article shows the basics of how Defiance works. Everything on that page has been implemented so far.

Ideas? Other increase risks? Other tactics to remove Defiance?

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I'm not certain you "remove defiance", so much as you increase/enhance obedience, and loyalty. Do things that the slave themselves enhances those two traits, (because it avoids unpleasantness/pain and/or gives pleasure/joy) With the natural raising of obedience and loyalty, the desire to be defiant will diminish until it disappears. Then after time, obedience to that specific master, will become 2nd nature. (This is in essence, what the military does in basic training. They take 17,18 and 19 yr old kids ...not a demographic known for blind obedience...and in 11 weeks or less, turn them into soldiers who immediately obey an order, whether or not the execution of said order places that young soldier in harms way).

ShinCore

May 19, 2020
I'm not certain you "remove defiance", so much as you increase/enhance obedience, and loyalty. Do things that the slave themselves enhances those two traits, (because it avoids unpleasantness/pain and/or gives pleasure/joy) With the natural raising of obedience and loyalty, the desire to be defiant will diminish until it disappears. Then after time, obedience to that specific master, will become 2nd nature. (This is in essence, what the military does in basic training. They take 17,18 and 19 yr old kids ...not a demographic known for blind obedience...and in 11 weeks or less, turn them into soldiers who immediately obey an order, whether or not the execution of said order places that young soldier in harms way).
put that in discord with the other suggestions/feedback

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
he will be able to do so with and engine that will be able to accommodate his vision, AND enable him to create a game that is modular to the point where folks will be able to add their own desired content seamlessly and easily.

a game framework like that would limited only be the creativity and imagination of its playerbase. i think that would truly be awesome!
Creativity been limited by engines since forever. :whistle::coffee:
I don't think it would be possible to find an engine that could completely unlock your creativity.
Not to mention system req's. I like MOR as a text game, would be nice if it remained one.
Or maybe became something like fallout1/2, that could work as well.

if i can manage to get it to behave
Doubt it, likely it'll be similar soup that is produced by MTL currently. :whistle::coffee:

Ideas? Other increase risks? Other tactics to remove Defiance?
Maybe defiance could be regulated to some extent at least, by player dominance?
Like, the more dominant player is, the less defiance slaves can gain in their daily life.
Something like that. :unsure::coffee: Maybe could call it "presence/aura" or something.
You know how some people can walk into a loud room and it falls silent? That kinda thing. :whistle::coffee:
Maybe this aura thing could be affected by both player dominance and fame, both would increase it's effect on slaves and even other people.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
I don't think it would be possible to find an engine that could completely unlock your creativity.
Not to mention system req's. I like MOR as a text game, would be nice if it remained one.

Doubt it, likely it'll be similar soup that is produced by MTL currently. :whistle::coffee:

Like, the more dominant player is, the less defiance slaves can gain in their daily life.
Something like that. :unsure::coffee: Maybe could call it "presence/aura" or something.
You know how some people can walk into a loud room and it falls silent? That kinda thing. :whistle::coffee:
Maybe this aura thing could be affected by both player dominance and fame, both would increase it's effect on slaves and even other people.
Tie it to player's respect maybe?

Haruba

Mar 6, 2022
I've been rather consistent in the way I've programmed MoR. Once I get into making a sequel or another game, I would use a different coding strategy now that I've expanded my JS/TwineScript skills. But the current code works fine, there's no noticeable extra engine load from using variables vs arrays in the (relatively) simple html structure of a 2D Twine game. The only downside is that it's harder for an outsider to wrap his head around it - but I have no trouble navigating through my own creation, which has reached a rather "finished" state by now. What remains atm is adding content and stories. Restructuring the entire code base would halt production of new slaves, maps and quests by many months. It's also nothing I deem necessary for my own mental health's sake :).
your're most certainly doing a fine job (otherwise i wouldn't bother to post here).

Maybe lemme say where i'm coming from, and that is
a) a worry the you might not be handle your code anymore efficiently (you sat that's covered)
b) modability: i for my part think that some parts are far too easy and thus i have a script to replace $arousal+=n by $arousal=+n/2 (and more like that). (which apparently i solved for myself)

so, it's honest concern and greediness which made me post that which i'd neither do, if i'd would like the game and where it's going to

so, lemme say at the end: excellent job, keep going and thank you

ShinCore

May 19, 2020

oh it works fine, i currently have 2 issues:

1. the current open source models have a limited context window (2048 tokens). getting the AI to remember things like, theres no cellphones and stuff in the scenario your trying to write can be a bit of a pain. wrangling it can be a pain sometimes. but the community around it is constantly researching and testing optimal setups to get the AI to output what you want it to more consistently.

2. the current model size is 20 billion tokens from a wide range of fiction/non fiction sources. while that is more than enough for the AI to generate fairly interesting and coherent content, i am waiting for it to be able to accept custom modules to guide the way it outputs text. with the previous smaller model, i took all the text in MoR and created a custom module to use as a guide. this allowed it to "copy" Grim's writing style, dialogues, and overall theme.

thats the main one im waiting for.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ♍VoidTraveler

Haruba

Mar 6, 2022
Interesting. I know engine load is something that GD-studios has been keeping in mind as he introduces new content and features, so I wonder if any of this would help with that?
i.m not sure where there might be a performance issue?! anyways, in case your interested 'crtl+shift+j' open dev console in chrome an there's a performance tab, which one could run for say 30 sec. in quick try all looked fine and i also never experienced any performance issue

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
i.m not sure where there might be a performance issue?! anyways, in case your interested 'crtl+shift+j' open dev console in chrome an there's a performance tab, which one could run for say 30 sec. in quick try all looked fine and i also never experienced any performance issue
Oh, no, I wasn't suggesting there were any performance issues currently, only that I knew Grim was remaining cognizant of anything that could put the engine under undue load as he develops the game.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
oh it works fine, i currently have 2 issues:

1. the current open source models have a limited context window (2048 tokens). getting the AI to remember things like, theres no cellphones and stuff in the scenario your trying to write can be a bit of a pain. wrangling it can be a pain sometimes. but the community around it is constantly researching and testing optimal setups to get the AI to output what you want it to more consistently.

2. the current model size is 20 billion tokens from a wide range of fiction/non fiction sources. while that is more than enough for the AI to generate fairly interesting and coherent content, i am waiting for it to be able to accept custom modules to guide the way it outputs text. with the previous smaller model, i took all the text in MoR and created a custom module to use as a guide. this allowed it to "copy" Grim's writing style, dialogues, and overall theme.

thats the main one im waiting for.
You really believe that this AI of yours can consistently put out writing on the level of at least an average human writer?
Really? I won't believe it until i see it. :whistle::coffee:
Maybe it'll do to generate some short, simple quests. But i doubt it will be able to create something even remotely elaborate. :unsure::coffee:

Last edited:
Reactions: Malicron
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes