khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Something I just noticed that I hadn't paid any attention to before is the respect stat on slaves. From the wiki it sounds like it's effect is similar to affection, making it easier for you to do most things with her regardless of your stats. Turns out it's easy to raise by just having her as a witness during combat while you kill stuff. I raised Juno's respect to good in 1 day.

I'll be curious to see how much difference it makes. I decided to start over with some points in melee anyway so I could work towards boosting melee high enough to fight in the arena when I unlock Crystal Hills without having to actually train it. So far it's more effective than I thought it would be but I'm still just fighting raiders and punks. So squashing one of them with a sledgehammer isn't that impressive.

Edit: Played around a bit more with respect and with Juno now "Impressed" with me she's pretty easy to persuade to do things even with zero arousal and less than 30 charm and manipulation. So it does seem to make a significant difference. My first seduction session with her had a 100% success rate for all of my charm checks which I'm definitely not used to. I'm thinking it might well be worth cycling most if not all of your slaves in for a few days of combat with the main character and mercs carrying all of the burden of actually killing stuff. I don't think Juno has hit anything even once so far, but that's fine.

Last edited:

Caesariuz

Dec 27, 2018
I'm thinking it might well be worth cycling most if not all of your slaves in for a few days of combat with the main character and mercs carrying all of the burden of actually killing stuff. I don't think Juno has hit anything even once so far, but that's fine.
It is indeed a great start for every new slave, I use to keep a spare armor just for new slaves till they get around 20 respect.
20+ is where dices start to play, but gives you enough respect to add to your own stats and start puppet them.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Nice to know there's an option coming for that. I think initially it might make sense to keep the early mercs long enough to build relationship with them anyway and complete any quests they have, especially since with their low salaries you can afford to spend time taking classes/training/etc without needing your time to be generating a significant amount of income to counteract high merc salaries. If you go hire all the badasses right off the bat then you pretty much have to spend a good chunk of time fighting every day to counteract their high salaries. Some of the socializing options in the bars take a lot of time as well that doesn't generate much money (even if you win at gambling).

I would imagine it helps to actually get to where you can have some slaves trained up to the point where they generate a useful income before then as well, but I don't know how long that takes. Training up charm is proving to be pretty easy now that I started with a more reasonable amount to begin with. I can usually gain more than 1 charm per day with seduction just switching back and forth between kissing and caressing and then end her session with a blowjob. With minimal starting charm she will usually get pissed and end the session early unless I spend most of my time trying (and usually failing) to sweet talk her first. But with starting charm of more like 30-40 I'm pretty much guaranteed to be able to get her to do at least a blowjob every day without being forceful or demanding.

I figure if I can get charm, manipulation, bondage, and flagellation all bumped up to around 80 or so the first month then I can have free reign with the girls while I work on the rest of the skills.
Another consideration in favor of the lower-tier mercs is they train up nice. My Loren is at 128 Ranged, 99 Melee and she's not been on the 'A-Team' in about a year, she sits at home most of the time these days. My Ansel has 96 Ranged Combat and he's spent most the game on the bench too.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I really should get into the habit of reading the changelog. Just noticed this little gem from the current changelog that seems like a pretty big advantage for the full scientist + max int perk build:

Important game changes and bug fixes

* Intelligence 80+ and Willpower 80+ will now unlock one extra homeschooling class session, per ATTRIBUTE (maximum 4 classes/day).

I haven't managed to get 80 willpower yet but 80 Int is pretty easy with a scientist build.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
I really should get into the habit of reading the changelog. Just noticed this little gem from the current changelog that seems like a pretty big advantage for the full scientist + max int perk build:

Important game changes and bug fixes

* Intelligence 80+ and Willpower 80+ will now unlock one extra homeschooling class session, per ATTRIBUTE (maximum 4 classes/day).

I haven't managed to get 80 willpower yet but 80 Int is pretty easy with a scientist build.
Lmao another reason to be annoyed on how hard it is to raise certain stats.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Another consideration in favor of the lower-tier mercs is they train up nice. My Loren is at 128 Ranged, 99 Melee and she's not been on the 'A-Team' in about a year, she sits at home most of the time these days. My Ansel has 96 Ranged Combat and he's spent most the game on the bench too.
Yeah I've definitely noticed those low tier mercs leveling up their ranged skill pretty consistently. It took my main character more than a month to gain 1 skill in ranged (from 30 to 31). Glad I finally got that aim implant so now I pretty much never miss. My mercs are all in the 75 to 100 range early in month 2. Loren has always seemed to have pretty reliable damage but she was annoyingly squishy until I bought her some weave armor. It's probably about time to get the high level mercs now that I'm fighting in the arena though. Rifles are just not going to cut it.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Curious what builds people like in the current version? This is the one I've finally settled into:

- Full Scientist start (parents scientists/embraced it myself)
- Brainy/Gambler/Melee Master (massive int boost + zero melee training required for arena)
- Stocky/Massive/Abnormal (intimidation/domination/willpower reduction during sex)
- Master of the Whip/Master of the Ropes (massive boost to easily breaking a girl's will and making her love you for it)
- Young (minor bonus to persuade/seduce)
- Realistic dice (for consistent results once I get stats boosted)

The int stuff and the bondage stuff are really the only important parts to me. Being able to get full benefit from all the classes and books immediately is a huge boost to stats. Being able to quickly and easily break your slaves without having to grind any stats first is also a huge time saver. I toyed with the Arouser perk a bit since it didn't look like there was a way to duplicate that bonus, and it does seem to make seduction more effective but breaking a girl's will via bondage is so much more effective that the loss of Arouser doesn't really matter.

Melee Master was a bit counterintuitive for me at first since it seemed like a charm or manipulation boost would be more useful early on, but just boosting a girl's respect through some fighting and then a few seduction sessions make it easy to keep her happy and get free heals/stamina boosts/shower blowjobs even with crappy charm/manipulation. Plus it starts your melee off high enough to actually hit stuff so you can train it up a bit and have a chance at some free strength increases. Once you get to Crystal Hills you can buy the aim implant and switch to ranged attacks and be almost guaranteed to hit all the time with ranged attacks.

Charm and Manipulation both seem trivial to increase via seduction/bondage sessions, although I do still read the books for it for the nice initial boost. The house upgrades that give persuasion boosts are also pretty noticeable.

I haven't played around with boosting relations with my mercs yet so not sure how that works except that they seem to just grow to like you as time goes on even if you never talk to them. That might just be from house upgrades, not sure.

Edit: One other option that I also think works really well instead of Master of the Whip/Master of the Ropes is the combination of Arouser plus Pussy Pleaser. She won't enjoy being spanked/whipped as much, but she'll enjoy rough sex a lot more. Also has the advantage of working great with seduction.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Curious but how often does the public version usually update?
There's no set schedule, but it usually works out to about once a month. Grim releases alpha builds pretty frequently, but public builds don't get released until he's sure that all the content he wants is there and has been reasonably well tested. There's been some things that cropped up which delayed his work for about a week, so that skews things a little, but it's roughly once a month. Grim is pretty active in the discord and is very transparent about what specifically he's working on. Currently it's the random slave generation engine, but there's a wealth of other new content being added and tested before the public release.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Reactions: Gato21

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Nice having 2 new mercs available right from the get go in 0.8.1.4 with one of them supplying his own ammo and the other being a crack shot with a rifle. Both cheap too.

Edit: Lol just noticed Rifle Savant's health. Guess he gets to be my janitor. 25 health is not going to work in combat unless there's a way to upgrade it. Bud is a nice long term pick though. His aim isn't that great initially but supplying his own ammo is.

Last edited:

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Nice having 2 new mercs available right from the get go in 0.8.1.4 with one of them supplying his own ammo and the other being a crack shot with a rifle. Both cheap too.

Edit: Lol just noticed Rifle Savant's health. Guess he gets to be my janitor. 25 health is not going to work in combat unless there's a way to upgrade it. Bud is a nice long term pick though. His aim isn't that great initially but supplying his own ammo is.
He's not bad at scavenging though. A few of the earlier Mercs are excellent scavengers so once you replace them they still do have some use. Rifle Savant is a literally glass cannon with decent armor he's probably good for a earlier to mid tier Merc. After which he is probably one of the best at scavenging.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
On another note I feel like the Mercs system is great and an improvement EXCEPT for the health issue there's currently 3 Mercs that will never see any actual use considering how low their health is.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
On another note I feel like the Mercs system is great and an improvement EXCEPT for the health issue there's currently 3 Mercs that will never see any actual use considering how low their health is.
Yeah I noticed he makes a good scavenger as well but I already have Ansen and the 2 kids doing that. Peasant gets put on guard duty when I replace him. Figured I might as well have the janitor job done by someone as well. Don't know if there's any kind of bonus or penalty for having all jobs filled or having some jobs unfilled.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
Yeah I noticed he makes a good scavenger as well but I already have Ansen and the 2 kids doing that. Peasant gets put on guard duty when I replace him. Figured I might as well have the janitor job done by someone as well. Don't know if there's any kind of bonus or penalty for having all jobs filled or having some jobs unfilled.
The Janitor position is best filled by someone with intelligence."Your Issid works as a house cleaner and performs simple maintenance. With high enough Domestic and Intelligence scores, he or she will add an Influence boost and lower Maintenance costs" as such it's probably one of the WORSE position for Rifle Savant. You would do better if you switched the roles of Ansen and Rifle Savant.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
MastersOfRaana-0.8.1.4
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes