khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
I've tried a few starts over the last month or two, but just played the very beginning for one reason or another. Now that Felix is back I'll probably take him as my first top-tier as Felix and I go way back, he was my favorite before the merc changes. You didn't have to hunt him down like you did the Space Marine and he was noticeably cheaper than Ayden and the Black Guardsman. That war hero bonus also nicely mitigated the 'Troublemaker' malus I inevitably have, so I liked the synchronicity of that too. I'll add Doyle too, he'll probably end up putting Ansel on the bench.

I'll take Loren, Ansel and Bud, and probably hire the Rifle Savant for the first day. I'll try not to get him dropped, but I'm not very good at that. I'll start with the freebies Juno and Michelle, plus in short order add Rebecca and Lovisa. I think I will go with Mai-Lynn this time, my guess is Grim will probably have her renders done long before I stop playing my next character. I just looked and I started this current run on January 7th, I posted the opening page in this thread.
I actually took Felix as my first top tier in my current game as well. I found that both Felix and Space Marine tended to end up with significantly lower aim in my previous games than the blackguard and Ayden so I figured I'd grab those 2 first and get them trained up. The main problem is that since they both start with assault rifles and also have lower aim, I basically need both of them to have equivalent power to just Ayden alone. For now I'm rolling with Felix, Bud, Dexter, and Doyle but I may need to grab space marine as well in the near future.

Bud, Dexter, and Doyle are kind of an interesting combo. I think Doyle is the best of them overall despite having to pay for his ammo. That 150 health really makes a huge difference in the tough fights. I think Dexter starts off significantly better than Bud, but if Bud gets his aim high enough to use a plasma gun then I think Bud overtakes him. Both of them are really severely handicapped by their low health though for the tough fights. Dexter really needs an option to upgrade his weapon.

I might see how long I can stick with just Felix as my only top tier this time. Train Bud up so he can use a plasma gun asap, and toss one to Doyle as well for the toughest fights despite having to pay for the ammo.

OmegaZero21

Jun 8, 2021
+1 vote for the ability to enslave Aiko.

We have three Asian girls now. Good!(y)Bad: two of them are spoiled little bitches that believe they are something.
I would settle for the option to just have a foursome. I honestly don't want to enslave her.

I would prefer the option to marry the female Mercenaries.

Reactions: GmFn1869

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Gameplay changes
- Added a fifth enemy to several combat encounters in Ikaanos and in the outskirts.
- Selling most weapons while playing GrimDark difficulty will now yield roughly 15-20% less money.
Adding additional enemy surely is making encounters more... challenging.
Althrough I do think, with Bounty Hunting and selling weapons, being the most profitable, I would say 15-20% less money yeld should be on all difictulty, not only Grimdark one, but in the end it will just "strech" the "problem" of it being the most profitable.

Actually, why not "expand" it a bit? I mean, instead of rolling a drop make it guarantee drop instead, but with damaged (in combat) weapons and armors which can be sold for around 30% of thier value or fixed either by highly skilled artisan/blacksmith player or at shops after gaining certain amount of influence or doing a quest for shop owner and then sold at the market/overseas.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I actually took Felix as my first top tier in my current game as well. I found that both Felix and Space Marine tended to end up with significantly lower aim in my previous games than the blackguard and Ayden so I figured I'd grab those 2 first and get them trained up. The main problem is that since they both start with assault rifles and also have lower aim, I basically need both of them to have equivalent power to just Ayden alone. For now I'm rolling with Felix, Bud, Dexter, and Doyle but I may need to grab space marine as well in the near future.

Bud, Dexter, and Doyle are kind of an interesting combo. I think Doyle is the best of them overall despite having to pay for his ammo. That 150 health really makes a huge difference in the tough fights. I think Dexter starts off significantly better than Bud, but if Bud gets his aim high enough to use a plasma gun then I think Bud overtakes him. Both of them are really severely handicapped by their low health though for the tough fights. Dexter really needs an option to upgrade his weapon.

I might see how long I can stick with just Felix as my only top tier this time. Train Bud up so he can use a plasma gun asap, and toss one to Doyle as well for the toughest fights despite having to pay for the ammo.
Early on I used Dexter for a while, but eventually he didn't seem to have a niche. I hate having to lose a shot moving him forward, but I hate getting second-rate damage rolls even more. That .45 can't hit much harder than a rifle against Duraplate so he's not much good against top-tier opponents. The extra crits sound like fun though, I dunno. We'll see where I can fit him in.

That's my plan with Doyle too, let him keep his trusty rifle most of the time but give him a plasma/coil gun for the tough ones.

Bud will get his aim up, it's inevitable in my view.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Adding additional enemy surely is making encounters more... challenging.
Althrough I do think, with Bounty Hunting and selling weapons, being the most profitable, I would say 15-20% less money yeld should be on all difictulty, not only Grimdark one, but in the end it will just "strech" the "problem" of it being the most profitable.

Actually, why not "expand" it a bit? I mean, instead of rolling a drop make it guarantee drop instead, but with damaged (in combat) weapons and armors which can be sold for around 30% of thier value or fixed either by highly skilled artisan/blacksmith player or at shops after gaining certain amount of influence or doing a quest for shop owner and then sold at the market/overseas.

Better yet would be if those weapons had another function and weren't just essentially cash in the bank. I think of my character as hoarding weapons for the eventual churn and thus I hate having to sell them. Grimdark mentioned something about the weapons coming into play when Aria's questline is expanded, and right how I'm sitting on enough ordnance to fit up the better part of a reinforced rifle regiment with a heavy weapons battalion.

Somebody is going to get spanked.

Last edited:

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Better yet would be if those weapons had another function and weren't just essentially cash in the bank. I think of my character as hoarding weapons for the eventual churn and thus I hate having to sell them. Grimdark mentioned something about the weapons coming into play when Aria's questline is expanded, and right how I'm sitting on enough ordnance to fit up the better part of a reinforced rifle regiment with a heavy weapons battalion.

Somebody is going to get spanked.
I suspect spheremasters. And your weapons and influence will give Aria's virgins yet another chance to bring them down. Althrough... with enough ordinance they won't have to. You will just bring the mastersphere down instead.

Reactions: Donovas66

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I suspect spheremasters. And your weapons and influence will give Aria's virgins yet another chance to bring them down. Althrough... with enough ordinance they won't have to. You will just bring the mastersphere down instead.
That's the plan, but I need to find out about that ion cannon first. I don't want to get nuked from orbit.

Donovas66

Jan 21, 2022
The perfect team (day 320)

1, Rifle Savant
2, Mr. Dexter
3, Bud
4, Ansel

Cheap and effective. Who needs Black guards when I have my four stooges?

Dressed in Duraplate and armed with crackshot revolver, rifles or coils. Two of them have ammo packs. This gang costs a fraction of hiring Ayden and can easily take down the highwaymen. :cool:

A lvl 6 bounty leaves MAYBE some minor broken bones but at least I have cash left to screw Eliana at Furry's bar after nightfall.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

ligoje

Jul 1, 2021
In a lot of countries (and some States in the US) the legal age to have sex is 15+/16+.

You still can't have sexual images of under 18. So you can have a gf of 16, but if you take a picture fucking her is jail time. On some jurisdictions, even fantasy girls can't be under 18 for lewd images (I think the UK is one of them).

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know what's the rule for a videogame (I would guess the game can let you fuck her as long as there's no picture depiction of her, so a CENSORED image would do).

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Early on I used Dexter for a while, but eventually he didn't seem to have a niche. I hate having to lose a shot moving him forward, but I hate getting second-rate damage rolls even more. That .45 can't hit much harder than a rifle against Duraplate so he's not much good against top-tier opponents. The extra crits sound like fun though, I dunno. We'll see where I can fit him in.

That's my plan with Doyle too, let him keep his trusty rifle most of the time but give him a plasma/coil gun for the tough ones.

Bud will get his aim up, it's inevitable in my view.
Well I don't think either Dexter or Bud ever qualify as top tier no matter what you do. They're both solid mid tiers though. 75-100 health just doesn't cut it for the toughest fights, but if you're going to run with only 1 top tier for awhile that means you need 3 low to mid tiers to fill in the rest of your squad. Doyle is pretty much a lock for 1 of those spots IMO when you combine his already high aim with his 150 health. I wouldn't want to pay for plasma ammo on him all the time but I could definitely see tossing him a plasma gun for a tier 5-6 bounty and then swapping it back out again for regular fights. I do the same with my main. He uses a rifle most of the time and swaps in a plasma for the tough fights.

That leaves 2 more spots. Bud is a good mid term option since he can eventually use a plasma for free, but he starts with such low aim that IMO training him several hours a day til he hits something like 80-90 aim is mandatory if you want to use him longer than about a month. That's a lot of time that could have been spent doing something else but it does give you some serious power on the cheap if you do it. The problem is he still only has 75 health. So a plasma can 1 shot him (or close enough to it that pretty much any follow up hit will take him down). 2 shots with a coil gun or plasma can also take him down and it's tough to guarantee that the enemy never gets more than 1 shot in a tough fight.

Dexter has an extra 25 health compared to most of the other mercs, decent aim, bonus crit damage (more than a rifle), and pays for his own ammo. So to me he's a lock for that third mid tier slot unless you plan on running with only 1 top tier for long enough to train a 2nd low tier up above 90 aim and pay for their ammo. In that case I think Aiko probably is the best bet, and I do pick her up early on for her slightly better aim compared to Loren.

The other problem I have with Bud is that it takes me awhile to get to the point where I can really train him significantly. The first week I'm spending all of my time training stamina, upgrading my garden/bedroom, killing stuff, questing, and getting massages. The 2nd week I can squeeze in a little time for Bud's attention whore thing but little to nothing for actual training. It's only when I hit 60 stamina that I finally feel like I have enough stamina to actually do more than 1 or 2 training sessions a day with bud and still do anything else other than get massages all day and all night.

That eventually gives you an option for 4 plasma guns (or 3 plus Ayden's crazy coil gun depending on your top tier) for the toughest fights and then Dexter just putting in somewhat solid damage with his pistol plus having a little better durability most of the other mercs. You could bump that up to 5 if you replaced Dexter with someone else you were going to pay for ammo on, but if you really need 5 plasmas for a fight IMO it's time to just grab at least 3 of the top tiers anyway. You could get away with running with 3 top tiers plus Bud most of the time and just swapping in Doyle for the absolute toughest fights, but by then you probably have the passive income to support all 4 top tiers anyway, and would no longer have to "spend time" with Bud so that would free up some more time to do whatever else you want to focus on.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
In a lot of countries (and some States in the US) the legal age to have sex is 15+/16+.

You still can't have sexual images of under 18. So you can have a gf of 16, but if you take a picture fucking her is jail time. On some jurisdictions, even fantasy girls can't be under 18 for lewd images (I think the UK is one of them).

I'm not a lawyer so I don't know what's the rule for a videogame (I would guess the game can let you fuck her as long as there's no picture depiction of her, so a CENSORED image would do).
Grim is from a European country that can be far, far more strict about such things. Even ignoring the moral issues, Grim is not willing to put anything so blatantly illegal into his game, as it could genuinely land him in jail even if it's just text. Such content is not in the game, and it will never be in the game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: KhaiFirst
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes