jack_px

Oct 21, 2016
Damn i didnt knew about the urchin girl i just made them go and now when the event appears it automatically makes them leaves

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
Now its my turn :D

Is there any way to convince my dear slaves that there is only one true god, and that's me!
Making their beliefs to become atheism? :)

Reactions: tsap

Remarius

Mar 30, 2022
Damn i didnt knew about the urchin girl i just made them go and now when the event appears it automatically makes them leaves
Yeah really irritating as that was my first event in my playthrough - idly had a look at the code but couldn't see which entry it was or how to amend to reset. I didn't want to read the changelog before playing the first time and spoilering and that just looked like a normal almost random choice. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jack_px

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah really irritating as that was my first event in my playthrough - idly had a look at the code but couldn't see which entry it was or how to amend to reset. I didn't want to read the changelog before playing the first time and spoilering and that just looked like a normal almost random choice. ;)
I guess it turns out that 'exterminating' teen-aged girls for being irritating can inhibit your ability to...enjoy...them later.

Who knew?

McLOVINu

Mar 18, 2018
Nice large update. (y)

My only negative is the random slave system using a range of folders as a grouping, because their contents are not in order or groups.
There are major outliers in the folders if going by groups of folder names or a range of folder names simply going by age, body type, or whatever.

I understand the dev first wanting to get a decent working engine under the hood before tweaking and refining, and for wanting to use less lines of coding.

It is ok, it can be very easily refined later, just more lines of coding with smaller folder groupings or strait out specific folder/av###.

Remarius

Mar 30, 2022
Does anyone know what the new Captain option for followers does? If I assign someone to that I get some guard power and a captain effect. But I have no idea what the captain effect is.

Edit: Actually I found the answer for this on discord. Interesting.

A new cool NPC duty, Captain, will be implemented in today's patch. A large household with a sizable military unit may appoint a man or woman, not bound by slavery, as captain. The Great House captain title is a very honorable position that gives the appointee a great deal of responsibility. How well this person will do his job is based on the Captain Effect value.
  • A captain demands higher pay. Laika will only ask for a pittance while Ayden and Felix want hundreds of dollars more each day.
  • The Captain effect value depends on the unique person and how well trained he or she is.
  • Captains generate Influence each day. Felix and Ayden score considerably more Influence than Bud Walton.
  • A Captain always adds his strength to the household's Guard power.
  • If you have more than five Issids, a Captain is called "Captain of the guard". A low captain value could potentially do more harm than good after reaching this second title. Imagine Laika trying to control half a dozen fully-grown mercenaries. Maybe Ayden or Space Marine would be a better pick for such a powerful household.
The Captain Effect value will be further expanded in the new political events engine and be of importance when trying to catch escaped slaves.
Did you find where you can see someone's captain effect value?

Remarius

Mar 30, 2022
What factors into your chance to convert a slave (in this case I'm trying to convert Caitlin to get the Christianity bonuses because happiness is a constant battle with her)?

I had no problem converting two other slaves (Michelle and a random I was training who were both Atheists) but its applying a hidden malus with Caitlin which drops my "wise" INT check to -4 despite having maxed INT from creation through to now. She has 12 devotion and is friendly currently.

Edit: Actually found it myself its her willpower 72 + devotion 12 applied as a negative looks like. :)

I'm so sorry Caitlin for what I'm about to do.... :(

Last edited:

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
thanks. I searched only in jobs@titles before and coulndn't find it. I have another question, do you know where to buy healing ointment?
You have to venture out of the house (no not in real life) go to the general store, there is a small bottle that can help you out with you girls problems ;)

Reactions: WakamoSato

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
PLEASE PLACE A SECOND CONFIRM FOR DELETING SAVE FILES!!! I ACCIDENTLY DELETED MY SAVE FILE NOT ONCE BUT TWICE!!!!!!!!
That would waste my time. Every time I wanted to save I would have to also confirm the delete first. No thanks.

If you are so concerned then save to disk and you will only be able to delete your files manually. Problem solved.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Ah, I remembered wrong then, I musta mixed it up with the Wroolcat event.
Grim use the word exterminate for both. For the urchins though the text says you chase them off. Unless he changed the word in a subsequent update. Still, if you chase off the first time you'll never have option to add the urchin to house from what I understand.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

demoldemol

Dec 11, 2021
Grim use the word exterminate for both. For the urchins though the text says you chase them off. Unless he changed the word in a subsequent update. Still, if you chase off the first time you'll never have option to add the urchin to house from what I understand.
I "chase them off" at first event. Then sometime later that event repeat and I didnt do it.
In subsequent events urchins became more and more impudent and actual option is "exterminate".

Reactions: Gunner Rey
4.50 star(s) 117 Votes