bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Currently, survival skill of your companions are not using in hunting process. But Ranged skill does. For every companion that have ranged 40+ you will have +5 chance to successful hunt.
You are quite right about this, and I was quite wrong.

Team A:Aria, May Lin, Juno, Caitlin: Survival 197, only Aria it´s above 40. Neither Aria or May Lin, that are in the Main Slave role, have the Wild Born Trait.
Hunting Chance: 74
With June as Main Slave I, with Wild Born trait:
Hunting Chance 74
With June and Caitlin as Main Slave I and Main Slave II, both with Wild Born Trait:
Hunting Chances 74

Team B: Dexter, Aiko, Bud, Loren. Survival 90. All of them above 40.
Hunting Chances 89
Team C: Ansel, Peasant, Mr Doyle, Aria. Survival 193. All of them above 40
Hunting chances 89

Seems that the Survival of your team have no influence at all in your hunting chances.
Seems that the Wild Born trait have no influence at all in your hunting chances
Seems that the only thing that matters is if your team members have Ranged skill above 40 or not .+5 per each

May be then some of the developers can bring some light about what use it´s the survival skill of the NPCs. All of this seems deeply counterintuitive to me.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

GD-studios

Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
You are quite right about this, and I was quite wrong.

Team A:Aria, May Lin, Juno, Caitlin: Survival 197, only Aria it´s above 40. Neither Aria or May Lin, that are in the Main Slave role, have the Wild Born Trait.
Hunting Chance: 74
With June as Main Slave I, with Wild Born trait:
Hunting Chance 74
With June and Caitlin as Main Slave I and Main Slave II, both with Wild Born Trait:
Hunting Chances 74

Team B: Dexter, Aiko, Bud, Loren. Survival 90. All of them above 40.
Hunting Chances 89
Team C: Ansel, Peasant, Mr Doyle, Aria. Survival 193. All of them above 40
Hunting chances 89

Seems that the Survival of your team have no influence at all in your hunting chances.
Seems that the Wild Born trait have no influence at all in your hunting chances
Seems that the only thing that matters is if your team members have Ranged skill above 40 or not .+5 per each

May be then some of the developers can bring some light about what use it´s the survival skill of the NPCs. All of this seems deeply counterintuitive to me.

That's correct. The Survival modifications were removed pretty recently but I'm currently rolling out traits and additional skills to NPCs so we'll see a boost in the hunting department soon.

Certain NPCs can now also carry slave traits. This an example from 0.8.2.1 A1.5:

000eee.jpg

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
That's correct. The Survival modifications were removed pretty recently but I'm currently rolling out traits and additional skills to NPCs so we'll see a boost in the hunting department soon.

Certain NPCs can now also carry slave traits. This an example from 0.8.2.1 A1.5:

View attachment 2939325
What does that note that can be found in the Old Gate do?

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018

View attachment 2939325
Can I ask for a void of the "Retiral at 65"????. Make instead of retiral "can not be assigned as a Follower or Guard", but after 5 years of loyal service in my household, I would be a heartless SOB if I kick him to the street. Any position, Captain, Janitor, Senior Counsellier, whatever fits...Please!!!!. He have been in my household, my household would take care of him...He is one of us...

Reactions: Lurker452

T_Abraxas

Jun 26, 2020
Speaking of spanking scenes: I'd vote (in order of preference) to also add / focus on:

Michelle, Nicole, then maybe Eliana?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Can I ask for a void of the "Retiral at 65"????. Make instead of retiral "can not be assigned as a Follower or Guard", but after 5 years of loyal service in my household, I would be a heartless SOB if I kick him to the street. Any position, Captain, Janitor, Senior Counsellier, whatever fits...Please!!!!. He have been in my household, my household would take care of him...He is one of us...
If he's in your household, he stays there. Up until he's 65 if you dismiss him, he'll go back to Crow's End as a hirable mercenary and his skills will even increase when not in your employ. That's how all of them work, though with Doyle if he's not in your household he'll stop showing up on the map when he turns 65.

If you never dismiss him, he never retires.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Speaking of spanking scenes: I'd vote (in order of preference) to also add / focus on:

Michelle, Nicole, then maybe Eliana?
Rebecca!

I just started a Silver Tongue run to test something and bought Rebecca and was reminded what a mouthy little bitch she is in the beginning. My hand was twitching with every sardonic comment out of her mouth. Rebecca is the one who most needs her ass hand-stamped daily in my opinion.

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
Why would you want to use all the slaves? Just pick the ones you like and sell the rest. That's the whole idea behind it. Some of them are procedurally generated slaves anyway, not really much content in that and they're meant to be sold.
Maybe that works for you, but not for me.

There are way TOO many I like. There are more unique slaves or slaves with unique art sets than you can keep in your home. Then there are the randoms as well.

You can't even complete some quest lines unless you have open slave spots. My only complaint about the game is there are too many slaves. There are lots I have have never even seen because I simply have no place for them to go. Whole quest lines I simply ignore. Maybe I would like those slaves as well, but until the home/retreat is changed I will never know.

I like to train the randoms and sell them, but that means I have to keep less of the unique slaves. It is an issue, and it is one that is being fixed in a future update.

There are also tons of girls in my game that are just waiting somewhere because I can't add them to my house. They are just on pause.

In my opinion there are too many, and more are getting added all the time. With the current game this is a bit of a waste.

Reactions: Lurker452 and Xaos_

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Why would you want to use all the slaves? Just pick the ones you like and sell the rest. That's the whole idea behind it. Some of them are procedurally generated slaves anyway, not really much content in that and they're meant to be sold.
Because they're so pretty and look even better naked.

I've had to restart several runs recently because I kept running into the slave cap, there's so many I want to keep and no room for them until the Retreat which is rather prohibitive in cost when you start anew.

I just happened across a 'lonely bandit girl' that looks like this:

I have no room for her if I leave a slot to buy Aria, but how can I throw that away? She's gorgeous. Screenshot 2023-09-18 154619.png

Last edited:

Canes

May 27, 2018
Haha, I see what you guys mean. Multiple playthroughs maybe? Personally for me, never enough slaves. I would vote for more renders per-girl though.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
That's a cool idea. Perhaps make him a trainer to enhance training chance instead of the hiring trainer option. Or he can passively train one follower each day where you assign him as trainer and the other as range or melee student? He has a 30% (or some other arbitrary number) chance to train 1 pt per day in either up to his own skill level.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
If he's in your household, he stays there. Up until he's 65 if you dismiss him, he'll go back to Crow's End as a hirable mercenary and his skills will even increase when not in your employ. That's how all of them work, though with Doyle if he's not in your household he'll stop showing up on the map when he turns 65.

If you never dismiss him, he never retires.
Fine then. If some day one of my runs goes so long to arrive to the 5 years mark, He will be forever at my service. I will just stop using him as a follower.

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
I'll add my vote that at the moment there are too many slaves for the available space. I suggest no more be added, instead develop the current ones and add "active" space for them.

Even with the retreat, arena, and wife you can only have 19, and that's with no room to train randoms. I've found five randoms I want to keep already (combination of looks/traits/skills).

Reactions: SilentRunning

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I'll add my vote that at the moment there are too many slaves for the available space. I suggest no more be added, instead develop the current ones and add "active" space for them.

Even with the retreat, arena, and wife you can only have 19, and that's with no room to train randoms. I've found five randoms I want to keep already (combination of looks/traits/skills).
I'd rather just have more space, I like most all the girls he's adding, I don't want him to quit doing that either.

I imagine much of this will be solved in the House update he's working on now, but as an interim measure perhaps the Retreat could be vastly reduced in cost, say 29k instead of 290k or whatever it is. Starting a game right now is kinda painful because you have to rope off so much of the game so as not to have to sell them before you get the Retreat.

Reactions: JaxMan

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Starting a game right now is kinda painful because you have to rope off so much of the game so as not to have to sell them before you get the Retreat.
Yeah that's my current dilemna. Let's see, I can't do this, this, this, or this until after I get the retreat... Grrr.

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
I'd rather just have more space, I like most all the girls he's adding, I don't want him to quit doing that either.

I imagine much of this will be solved in the House update he's working on now, but as an interim measure perhaps the Retreat could be vastly reduced in cost, say 29k instead of 290k or whatever it is. Starting a game right now is kinda painful because you have to rope off so much of the game so as not to have to sell them before you get the Retreat.
Not privy to Grim's plans, but with the Retreat and home being reworked I hope he is considering the opportunity to develop another location. I like the idea of the Winton manor becoming available through further actions with Leia Winton or some other location in which we can renovate that gives the player more room. There was talk of a farm, not sure if that is still an idea.

Lurker452

Jun 13, 2022
Not privy to Grim's plans, but with the Retreat and home being reworked I hope he is considering the opportunity to develop another location. I like the idea of the Winton manor becoming available through further actions with Leia Winton or some other location in which we can renovate that gives the player more room. There was talk of a farm, not sure if that is still an idea.
I am hoping the retreat will become "working" space, perhaps with the purchase of upgrades the slaves can work in, such as:
1. A greenhouse where a slave or two can work as gardeners.
2. A recycling center where a slave can scrap merchandise (and with high enough Science find circuit boards and such).
3. A machine shop where a slave can turn scrap metal into fasteners.
4. A (brothel) lobby where girls can work as prostitutes (same modifiers as a normal prostitution event, but lower revenue and reduced wear and risk).
5. A classroom where you can homeschool multiple girls at a time, or train multiple Issids at the same time.
6. An etiquette studio where slaves can improve their Charisma.
7. A ballet studio where slaves can improve their Performance, Dancing, and Acrobatics.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I like that idea, especially seeing more of Miss Winton, which he hinted at a while back but we've not seen yet.

I'd like more in my own household too though. Like 12 or 16.

Canes

May 27, 2018
Since Charm and manipulate are extremely bad in the early game and 99.9% of attempts fail, what do you guys do with slaves anyway? Can't intimidate or terrorize, can't explain, and you won't succeed at sex or BDSM rolls either.

So what's the common plan here, put them to work at the book store?

Hephannon

Mar 1, 2020
Since Charm and manipulate are extremely bad in the early game and 99.9% of attempts fail, what do you guys do with slaves anyway? Can't intimidate or terrorize, can't explain, and you won't succeed at sex or BDSM rolls either.

So what's the common plan here, put them to work at the book store?
Playing on easy mode to alleviate the inevitable grind, and getting the charm/manipulate perks at character creation, it works pretty well
Also buy the books and train you'll soon gain a lot of points

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes