straboavso1

Dec 1, 2019
Sorry if this has come up before but does anyone know the new sugarcube code for increasing a slave/follower/npc/whatever's temp stamina? I've tried to fiddle around with wording but can't seem to work it out.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Why GrimDark hates Bud???
Well, may be he don´t hate him. but seems it.

In previous versions (8.2) of the game, Bud was a character with mixed reviews. Some ones hate him, some ones love him (I loved him) but now it´s a pain in the but, a dead weight.

In previous versions of the game...

Bud was 75 HP strong. Now it´s 60. That made of him an OK-ish combatant. Now he is a walking casualty, just one critical away from going down and let you party shorthanded. Raising his starting skill don´t made it.

Bud had (and have) the ammo pack trait. In previous versions, that was really important, he was your cheap Plasma Gun for normal, everyday combats. But now the combat have become melee-centric. Anyone with brawler and melee/dex 80 and a power katana delivers damage in the same ballpark that a plasma gun. The ammo pack was a big deal, but now it´s just a minor nicety

And the Attention Whore trait have become several times worse. The -2 affection it´s a killer. In early version, IIRR, the trait didn´t increase every day left unattended, you can pay attention to Bud day yes and day not and keep it stable. And you could pay attention to Bud as part of a pack. You could go to the DockGrave with the gang (Bud, Ansel, Rebeca and ¿Peasant?) or make a dinner/ chill night and invite Bud with others and this keep the trait at bay. Now, this don´t work, you must go with him alone. EDIT: I´m wrong here. You can bring Bud with other buddies.. My bad! :mad:

In previous versions, Bud was a nice sidekick. Yes, he needs some micromanagement and that you pay some attention and expend some time with him, but was useful. Worth it, and funny. But now, he is almost useless and demands a lot more time and attention. It´s a dead weight. And it´s a character with a lot of content developed. In my opinion, if GrimDark wants that all the work he have made with all Bud´s content don´t become invisible, he needs to balance the utility with the nuisance.

Last edited:

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Why GrimDark hates Bud???
Well, may be he don´t hate him. but seems it.

In previous versions (8.2) of the game, Bud was a character with mixed reviews. Some ones hate him, some ones love him (I loved him) but now it´s a pain in the but, a dead weight.

In previous versions of the game...

Bud was 75 HP strong. Now it´s 60. That made of him an OK-ish combatant. Now he is a walking casualty, just one critical away from going down and let you party shorthanded. Raising his starting skill don´t made it.

Bud had (and have) the ammo pack trait. In previous versions, that was really important, he was your cheap Plasma Gun for normal, everyday combats. But now the combat have become melee-centric. Anyone with brawler and melee/dex 80 and a power katana delivers damage in the same ballpark that a plasma gun. The ammo pack was a big deal, but now it´s just a minor nicety

And the Attention Whore trait have become several times worse. The -2 affection it´s a killer. In early version, IIRR, the trait didn´t increase every day left unattended, you can pay attention to Bud day yes and day not and keep it stable. And you could pay attention to Bud as part of a pack. You could go to the DockGrave with the gang (Bud, Ansel, Rebeca and ¿Peasant?) or make a dinner/ chill night and invite Bud with others and this keep the trait at bay. Now, this don´t work, you must go with him alone.

In previous versions, Bud was a nice sidekick. Yes, he needs some micromanagement and that you pay some attention and expend some time with him, but was useful. Worth it, and funny. But now, he is almost useless and demands a lot more time and attention. It´s a dead weight. And it´s a character with a lot of content developed. In my opinion, if GrimDark wants that all the work he have made with all Bud´s content don´t become invisible, he needs to balance the utility with the nuisance.
Gotta agree. Was using Bud, but maintaining his affection was too much and dropped him. I didn't even mind the reduced HP, he wasn't someone I'd have for the tough fights anyway, but he was solid for the less difficult ones. Didn't know he needed to be the only follower if you visited Dockgraves, that is a big crimp in keeping him.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Unless it changed since I last checked, doing the pool party at your house with Bud present satisfies his trait. so it becomes easy to handle post pool.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Unless it changed since I last checked, doing the pool party at your house with Bud present satisfies his trait. so it becomes easy to handle post pool.
Unless I´m very wrong, at least in 8.3h no, pool party, al least the "pool party for all", don´t keep the attention whore at bay.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Unless I´m very wrong, at least in 8.3h no, pool party, al least the "pool party for all", don´t keep the attention whore at bay.
I was almost certain I was right and realised I hadn't hired Bud yet in my current playthrough so I put it to the test.

Using pool party for all did affect Bud's trait, exactly as it said it would in the trait text itself. Version used was 0.8.3h (Public) as well so it is definitely current.

As for the disparity in our experience? Presuming this isn't some kind of bug on your end my best guess is that Bud isn't available when you are hosting the poolparty, I tend to only host my pool parties after 5pm to avoid that kind of thing.

EroKala

Jul 18, 2019
Is there a way to speed up healing for slave's sexual wear on the Examination screen? I've been keeping girls off the Ring for over a week now because quite a few were Sore status, but I've seen no change. Honestly, I'd be willing to burn a tendstim on them if it would fix them up to go back to making me money.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Is there a way to speed up healing for slave's sexual wear on the Examination screen? I've been keeping girls off the Ring for over a week now because quite a few were Sore status, but I've seen no change. Honestly, I'd be willing to burn a tendstim on them if it would fix them up to go back to making me money.
In the general store there is healing ointment, purchase it. Then go to the slaves inventory, go into accessories and then select applicants, you will be able to apply the ointment to individual parts from there, lowering their sexual wear.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I was almost certain I was right and realised I hadn't hired Bud yet in my current playthrough so I put it to the test.

Using pool party for all did affect Bud's trait, exactly as it said it would in the trait text itself. Version used was 0.8.3h (Public) as well so it is definitely current.

As for the disparity in our experience? Presuming this isn't some kind of bug on your end my best guess is that Bud isn't available when you are hosting the poolparty, I tend to only host my pool parties after 5pm to avoid that kind of thing.
You are quite right and I´m quite wrong

• Red Heart
Reactions: Seamonkey

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
b) Also in the else-branch of $traits.t7.state gte 1 the variable $mctraitden is unset, eventhough $mctraiten should be unset (so currently at least when picking traits via the debug menu after patching from 8.23 to 8.3, if the engineer trait is selected and unselected, the character will get the engineer trait as the character sheet will say so).
Huh. So I am not crazy or forgetful.

EroKala

Jul 18, 2019
Version 0.8.3h
Something's not making sense with the house +Influence effects. My living room is upgraded to give +1 influence. My kitchen is upgraded to give +1 influence. But when I go to Household Info and see influence from rooms, it's only +1. My influence balance sheet also says only +1 from rooms. I've checked every room, there's no negative 1 anywhere. So unless I've got a hidden malus somewhere, something's fuck-y.

Is this a bug, or can someone spot where I'm assuming things? and sure, only 1 point of influence income isn't a lot, but it does add up over time.

Jun 16, 2022
Hello, does anyone know the limit to how many performers you can have at the Golden Dragon? I tried to find that information on the wiki, but couldn't find an answer. I'm asking because I have Rachel as a performer, but I tried to assign Rosita and Adrienne, but I am unable to. Also, am I only able to have one accountant as well?

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Hello, does anyone know the limit to how many performers you can have at the Golden Dragon? I tried to find that information on the wiki, but couldn't find an answer. I'm asking because I have Rachel as a performer, but I tried to assign Rosita and Adrienne, but I am unable to. Also, am I only able to have one accountant as well?
Yes to both questions.

Reactions: GoldenEyeDrake

EroKala

Jul 18, 2019
yeah, I ran into that issue too. When it comes to performer, always go for your highest earner. You can figure out who that is by clicking the "i" button, and I think the base amount is $150. But when I picked up Adrienne, she had such high Performance that once I got her Dance up, she was earning me $180.

Reactions: GoldenEyeDrake

Veniat

Aug 15, 2017
The new alpha has everything I want, but just as I can't afford to up my Patreon tier.

Playstation games are too expensive and Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth was too addictive not to get.

Jun 16, 2022
yeah, I ran into that issue too. When it comes to performer, always go for your highest earner. You can figure out who that is by clicking the "i" button, and I think the base amount is $150. But when I picked up Adrienne, she had such high Performance that once I got her Dance up, she was earning me $180.
Yea, Rachel herself is earning me $180 as well. I'm trying to find a role for the likes of Rosita and Adrienne' skills. At the moment, I have Rosita as a nanny and Adrienne as an Academics Professor.

Senormostaza

Oct 20, 2017
I know Grimdark checks the thread every once in a while and I don't believe anyone's mentioned this: Mae can actually spawn as a virgin during the processing. This seems like an oversight, she appears to be treated as the bandit group's whore to some extent and Ansel did "something" to cause all the problems.
Might be an unintended result of using the "random" npc generation instead of being treated as a fully unique NPC I suppose.

Reactions: Lurker452

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
About Attention Wore trait.-

After my rant about Bud, I realized that my statements were inaccurate, at best. So i have made some digging.

Launching an "Indoors Party" didn´t seem to work, never mind if it´s for all the household or for only a few people.
Launching a Pool Party woks, never mind if it´s for followers or for everyone.
A dinner works never mind if with just followers or for all the household
A chill night didn´t work, never mind in gaming or Tv watching
Going to the DockGrave works for Bud, but not for Sophia.
Making a visit to Fort Sera´s slaves don´t work

kiljaeden

Jun 2, 2019
I know Grimdark checks the thread every once in a while and I don't believe anyone's mentioned this: Mae can actually spawn as a virgin during the processing. This seems like an oversight, she appears to be treated as the bandit group's whore to some extent and Ansel did "something" to cause all the problems.
Might be an unintended result of using the "random" npc generation instead of being treated as a fully unique NPC I suppose.
This is why I think npc generator for unique combat slaves doesn't work. Since we have a jail in the house now, adding them straight to household would work. The player can decide later if they are sold or not. Unique slaves shouldn't go through that rng.

Senormostaza

Oct 20, 2017
This is why I think npc generator for unique combat slaves doesn't work. Since we have a jail in the house now, adding them straight to household would work. The player can decide later if they are sold or not. Unique slaves shouldn't go through that rng.
Yeah, it's probably a legacy thing that's not a priority.
She can also be a shy, shamefast, vanilla nerd or something along those lines.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes