Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
That is a lot of work. I save scum already for Traits on Slavegirls and Training rolls and Bar stat ups :D

But that is too much ;-)

Also - does anyone know if you can put male prisoners into the cell?
If you want to cheat on training roll you can just press a key. It works for almost all random things except combat and sometimes you have to press quickly after seeing the result before it becomes permanent. But once you start doing it is extremely difficult to stop, so I don't recommend it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Emerald_Lord

Jun 19, 2018
For those who have decided to go after bounties, how do you usually find the more difficult bounties? the ones whose locations are unknown? The game says to check taverns for more information or manually use the investigate button. Whenever I visit Dockgrave or Furry's I get nothing with carousing or rumors, so am I supposed to wander the map, investigating areas multiple times?

EDIT: Never mind, I'm an idiot. I didn't look around clearly, I found the option to talk about my bounty, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seamonkey

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Sons and Daughters. The big mystery!
Usually, in this game, it´s not so hard to figure how the things works. You take a pen, a few notes, scratch your head a bit and you find, more or less, how the things are arranged. Well, each rule has his exception, and this one, how your offspring stats and skill are generated its a deep mystery to me. So I´m going to put the results I get and see if any one can put light and insight on this matter.

We are talking about 5 kids. The kids of my 5 legitimated, blessed by Odin and Freya, wives. Arya, Caitlin, Nicole, Adrianne and Aisha. they were raised in a Nursery with two nurses, Caitlin and Aria, free of any other obligations, with the following atmospheres:

Intelligence 73
Kindness 52
Discipline 70
Corruption 57
Combat training 100 (Yes, Both Caitlin and Aria have the Warrior trait :))
Happiness bonus 52
Focus -10

And looking at this, I have visited them every single day and of his played with them and educate them. I have figured that, with a 100% of combat training, I can skip this steep. 2 hours and -10 of stamina per action it´s a heavy toll and it was not easy to do it every single day, and 3 actions was too much. My stats are 32-23 in Str - Dex, 81 in stamina, 66 Will and 104 Int.

There are things that are exactly the same for all kids. All of them have Happiness 64, Kindness 30. 50 stamina, 25 hits, Affection Amiable, Charisma 30. All of them have 10 in range, melee and survival, 15 in acrobatics, performing and gardening and 20 in dancing. I must say that I´m a bit surprised of the (lack of) yield of the 100 Combat Training atmosphere. And no, it have not been translated on traits. I have 2 perfectionist, 2 jaded, and 1 warrior/materialistic/Techie. Only 1 warrior its few for 100% combat and 5 kids. No brawler, no bloodthirsty, no crack shots. May be there are traits that are dormant? 7 traits for 5 kids seems very few traits.

I have 3 Int 90, from Aria, Nicole and Caitlin, Int 70 from Aisha and Int 43 from Adrianne. You can thing that it´s clear. My 3 wives with Int 65+ get offspring with Int 90 and then the less bright ones have less intelligent kids. Well, Aisha have Int 47 and Adrienne Int 46, really close but there are a serious gap between both kids. May be one was over 45 and the other under 45 when they get pregnant an there are a cut at 45?

Str goes from 16 to 45, and the kids seem to follow the same order in Str as the wives. Dex goes form 84 from Aria´s to 36 of Caitlin´s. And except for a swapping of positions 1-2 (Aria-Adrianne have 63-68 Dx and their kids 84-73) the kids follow the same order of the wifes.

Willpower: 4 kids with will 45 and one, the one from Caitlin, with Willpower 10. And the willpower of Caitlin it´s not, by any stretch, low. She rans 3 of 5, just middle ground.

Discipline. Caitlin and Aria 20 and the rest of kids 10. All my wives but Adrianne(13) have Disc 70-ish.

Beauty: Nothing to complain here. 60 to 95. Curiously, the more handsome it´s Nicole´s boy. and Nicole have the lowest beauty of all my 5 wives (only 50, while Aisha have 85).

Academics/ science, we went from the 70/70 of Caitlin´s daughter, the high 50s low 60s of Aria and Nicole, the 40-60 (+20 for Techie) of Aisha, and the mid 30s from Adrienne Kid. Seems to be related to the kids INT, with may be some bonus for the academic achievements of the mother. Medicine its 10 for all, and admin 5 for all except for Adrianne´s kit that, for no reason known to mankind, have a 15.

Corruption. I have a look and see 15-15-14-10 (ah!, yes, Caitlin´s daughter) and...1. Nicole´s kid. why? Nicoles have 86 corruption. No vanila, no pure ....

And Devotion. 14-20-47-57-62. A wide dispersion. None of the mothers it´s of Aesir Faith. Seems to be somewhat related to the mother´s devotion. Caitlin have devotion 4, and his daughter have devotion 14. Aisha have 52 and his daughter 62, but the other 3 wives goeswnt from devortion 25 to 35, and his son´s and daugthers spread from 20 to 57

And that´s all. In any one want´s to play Gregor Mendel in Raana, here are some data

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
Some words about balancing issues in the current version.

BALANCING WORKSHOPS

Let´s talk first about the workshops. Workshops are the real cash cow in this version. You build one or more of them in your yard, assign one of your servants (High intelligence its best) as foreman, and up to 10 slaves as workers (High discipline work best) and they allow you to scrap merchandise, to work as a sweatshop and give you some money or put it to manufacture and it gives you build points that you can use to build things and sell them on the market.

The most profitable items to build are knives, that gives you 4$ of profit per build point right on the market or rifles, that sold overseas gives you 5$ of profit (discounting the cost of raw materials). Some numbers, with a workshop with a 65 INT foreman and a crew with average Discipline of 40

Basic Workshop: 35.000$ of investment, 810 Build points, 4.500$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 225$
With floor and tools with upgrade 1: +20.000$, 1350 points or 6750$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 548$
With floor and tools with upgrade 2:+100.000$, 2750 points or 13750$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 828$
With tools upgrade 3: + 200.000: 4268 points or 20.350$ daily with rifles. Sweatshop gives 1350$.

The imbalance don´t came from a gameplay experience. In my run of 120 days I still have plenty of things to buy and upgrade. The imbalance come from a contradiction with the rest of the lore of the world. Thinks lack consistency.

First of all, the difference between Manufacture and Sweatshop. Yes, sure, building combat relate gear should be more profitable that building generic things, and also you need to care about going to buy raw materials, and going to sell your rifles. But should not be 15 to 20 times more profitable.

And second, the numbers don´t fit with the rest of the word build. With the very basic workshop you can hire Ayden, put him to work in a workshop and still you get a profit. A full professor in the Academy earns 110$. Hell, I can pay to my workers twice (with the very basic workshop) and still make a lot of profit!!.

There are, IMHO a need to fine tuning and balancing here.
After starting a new game on Grimdark + Dying work, with focus on hunting to afford a workshop and then hire a bunch of morons with a 60 INT techie Mae as foreman, I came up with quite different numbers:

I can't sell rifles at Hamah bay because of anarchy and getting ambushed + killed more often that not when trying to pass Kasey's park. So, knives it is.

Basic workshop, with 4 moron workers (33 avg. discipline) and a 60 INT foreman, only produce 270 production points per day.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

10 knives sell at $800 in the marketplace and cost 100 production points.

Each batch has a total material cost of $510:
20 steel x $23 = $460
10 wood x $5 = $50

So, each batch results in $290 net profit.

270 production points / 100 = 2.7 batches per day = $783 daily net income.

Then there is the additional daily cost of $20 x 15 food rations = -$300
And salary cost for the moron workers: -$64

Resulting in daily profit after all expenses: $783 - $364 = $419

If I compare that with a large garden:

Base garden: $1500 (2R)
Upgrade tools: $300 (4R) + $600 (2R)
Upgrade garden: $700 (2R) + $1500 (4R)
Total garden cost: $4600 (14R)
Income: 14 rations x $20 = $280 daily income

Additional daily profit from a $35000 workshop with 1 slave + 4 morons: $419 - $280 = $139

So, yes, when you can afford a heavily upgraded workshop, with lots of skilled slave workers and have easy access to Hamah bay, then workshops are extremely profitable. Before then, not so much.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I don´t know how effective it´s a hunting strategy, but with an scholar + a hint of soldier, without doing anything extraordinary, just contracting some low level mercs, cleaning the map and making the easy daily bounties, I can tell you that you can have a workshop with 10 workers at day 6-7 giving you, with no upgrades, close to 800 production points and never ever have been ambushed in my whole life. In a Grimdark +Dying world setting.

Have you cleaned the map? Clean the map first and forget go hunting at start. You don´t need to buy any ration at all in your first 5-6 days, you eat from the loot. Any rabble that you clean gives you 20 rations, and one slave to sell, and that costs you 2 stamina and 18 minutes. And once you have cleaned the map and wiped the raiders in Manston Avenue and in Stoke hills the price of the food drops immediately. I never had paid more that 7$ per ration, and usually they are at 4-5$. And always travel with 4 companions, never alone. Once that there are no pesky red things in the map, you can go hunting at your leisure. But first, you NEED to clean the map. You can not have a profitable business in a situation of anarchy and rampaging bands roaming at pleasure through the city.

And don´t buy your steel and fasteners at the market and . Aimee shop have always better prices..

Last edited:

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I don´t know how effective it´s a hunting strategy, but with an scholar + a hint of soldier, without doing anything extraordinary, just contracting some low level mercs, cleaning the map and making the easy daily bounties, I can tell you that you can have a workshop with 10 workers at day 6-7 giving you, with no upgrades, close to 800 production points and never ever have been ambushed in my whole life. In a Grimdark +Dying world setting.

Have you cleaned the map? Clean the map first and forget go hunting at start. You don´t need to buy any ration at all in your first 5-6 days, you eat from the loot. Any rabble that you clean gives you 20 rations, and one slave to sell, and that costs you 2 stamina and 18 minutes. And once you have cleaned the map and wiped the raiders in Manston Avenue and in Stoke hills the price of the food drops immediately. I never had paid more that 7$ per ration, and usually they are at 4-5$. And always travel with 4 companions, never alone. Once that there are no pesky red things in the map, you can go hunting at your leisure. But first, you NEED to clean the map. You can not have a profitable business in a situation of anarchy and rampaging bands roaming at pleasure through the city.

And don´t buy your steel and fasteners at the market and . Aimee shop have always better prices..
I tried a Hunter build for about a 140 days and you can make it work, but it needs some balancing. The extra hunting area doesn't actually help much as it takes too long to get up there and three hours per session as opposed to two at Imogen's Barrow. Also if you pick 'Wildborn' and take Loren, Juno and the kids you've lined up so many bonuses you don't need a starting 70 Survival to never fail, you can do it with a lot less.

I tried another game and made it to about day 140 but took the Military tier three instead. That bonus was a lot more useful and I did notably better that game. I did hunt in that game (food gets damned expensive when you need more than 100/day and you have to buy it at 19) and results weren't much different than the game where I went Hunter-3.

Nellyg

Oct 27, 2018
Sons and Daughters. The big mystery!
Usually, in this game, it´s not so hard to figure how the things works. You take a pen, a few notes, scratch your head a bit and you find, more or less, how the things are arranged. Well, each rule has his exception, and this one, how your offspring stats and skill are generated its a deep mystery to me. So I´m going to put the results I get and see if any one can put light and insight on this matter.

We are talking about 5 kids. The kids of my 5 legitimated, blessed by Odin and Freya, wives. Arya, Caitlin, Nicole, Adrianne and Aisha. they were raised in a Nursery with two nurses, Caitlin and Aria, free of any other obligations, with the following atmospheres:

Intelligence 73
Kindness 52
Discipline 70
Corruption 57
Combat training 100 (Yes, Both Caitlin and Aria have the Warrior trait :))
Happiness bonus 52
Focus -10

And looking at this, I have visited them every single day and of his played with them and educate them. I have figured that, with a 100% of combat training, I can skip this steep. 2 hours and -10 of stamina per action it´s a heavy toll and it was not easy to do it every single day, and 3 actions was too much. My stats are 32-23 in Str - Dex, 81 in stamina, 66 Will and 104 Int.

There are things that are exactly the same for all kids. All of them have Happiness 64, Kindness 30. 50 stamina, 25 hits, Affection Amiable, Charisma 30. All of them have 10 in range, melee and survival, 15 in acrobatics, performing and gardening and 20 in dancing. I must say that I´m a bit surprised of the (lack of) yield of the 100 Combat Training atmosphere. And no, it have not been translated on traits. I have 2 perfectionist, 2 jaded, and 1 warrior/materialistic/Techie. Only 1 warrior its few for 100% combat and 5 kids. No brawler, no bloodthirsty, no crack shots. May be there are traits that are dormant? 7 traits for 5 kids seems very few traits.

I have 3 Int 90, from Aria, Nicole and Caitlin, Int 70 from Aisha and Int 43 from Adrianne. You can thing that it´s clear. My 3 wives with Int 65+ get offspring with Int 90 and then the less bright ones have less intelligent kids. Well, Aisha have Int 47 and Adrienne Int 46, really close but there are a serious gap between both kids. May be one was over 45 and the other under 45 when they get pregnant an there are a cut at 45?

Str goes from 16 to 45, and the kids seem to follow the same order in Str as the wives. Dex goes form 84 from Aria´s to 36 of Caitlin´s. And except for a swapping of positions 1-2 (Aria-Adrianne have 63-68 Dx and their kids 84-73) the kids follow the same order of the wifes.

Willpower: 4 kids with will 45 and one, the one from Caitlin, with Willpower 10. And the willpower of Caitlin it´s not, by any stretch, low. She rans 3 of 5, just middle ground.

Discipline. Caitlin and Aria 20 and the rest of kids 10. All my wives but Adrianne(13) have Disc 70-ish.

Beauty: Nothing to complain here. 60 to 95. Curiously, the more handsome it´s Nicole´s boy. and Nicole have the lowest beauty of all my 5 wives (only 50, while Aisha have 85).

Academics/ science, we went from the 70/70 of Caitlin´s daughter, the high 50s low 60s of Aria and Nicole, the 40-60 (+20 for Techie) of Aisha, and the mid 30s from Adrienne Kid. Seems to be related to the kids INT, with may be some bonus for the academic achievements of the mother. Medicine its 10 for all, and admin 5 for all except for Adrianne´s kit that, for no reason known to mankind, have a 15.

Corruption. I have a look and see 15-15-14-10 (ah!, yes, Caitlin´s daughter) and...1. Nicole´s kid. why? Nicoles have 86 corruption. No vanila, no pure ....

And Devotion. 14-20-47-57-62. A wide dispersion. None of the mothers it´s of Aesir Faith. Seems to be somewhat related to the mother´s devotion. Caitlin have devotion 4, and his daughter have devotion 14. Aisha have 52 and his daughter 62, but the other 3 wives goeswnt from devortion 25 to 35, and his son´s and daugthers spread from 20 to 57

And that´s all. In any one want´s to play Mendelev in Raana, here are some data
I think the "focus" is important, one of you're Nannys has another job. It could affect how well they teach the Children

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
I think the "focus" is important, one of you're Nannys has another job. It could affect how well they teach the Children
No, I´m quite sure that none of them where working at all, I checked on a save. I have the idea that it´s because I have a 5 kids batch, because I have now a second batch of descendance in the oven of 3 kids only and the same girls, untouched, show focus 0. May be the Nannies works the same as the Slave Master or the Guard Captain, that if you have more that 4 assigned you lose effects. I will post something about this when I have some data

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I'm doing the "In the name of God" quest and I'm at the point where I let Aisha's dad go or execute him. Which should I pick to get Aisha and her friend and where the hell are they?

Thanks in advance guys!

EDIT: Figured it out.

Last edited:

JT0717

May 30, 2017
I'm trying to trigger threesome with Adrienne and Michelle -was this disabled in the latest update? I have both as favorite NPCs (Michelle in first slot), both are Undying affection and fully corrupted. When I have sex with Adrienne (or with Michelle for that matter) I don't see an option for threesome nor does a trigger occur. Suggestions?

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
Well, I have received my second batch of daughters. Three this time, so I get 8 on total. Nice, I can fill two room, have to teams for chill nights, training, lectures, sharing rooms. put them on guard duty (and learn the tricks from Uncle Aiden) or going to chase some easy LVL1 bounties to learn the tricks of the trade from Dad.

I have followed the same routine that with the previous batch. But there are one difference. Now, Aria and Caitlin didn´t show a -10 Focus.

My intention was writing a long post, with a lot of analysis of the differences between one batch and the other, but at the end, I decided do go for the short version

Short version. Have been the same results. The -10 focus have made no difference or show any pattern. I you put me the stats and characters in a blind test, I will not be able to tell you in any way, shape or form if they come from the unfocused. Yes, there are some differences, but well into the reason of some aleatory factors introduced in the process.

Where there are a Gregor Mendel when you are in need of one?!

IZ2bSA80

Dec 25, 2017
Fourth girl on the cover (if we both mean the same picture, ie. the picture at top of the first post of this thread), would be rand girl AV136, who may go by many names ;-).
I've got this one, I don't remember how I've got her exactly but it was probably one of the girls captured after a fight.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Slave Master Enya: Skill 36 (Not great), 4 slaves:

Increase Sexual Skills: +12,+12,+12,12 (spreaded between the 3).Starting point, all below 70
Have you reached a cap in sexual skill gains? I am trying to decide whether to start an experiment putting my 77/65/50something Lovisa under my 95/95/80(?) Eliana to see if there are soft caps.

I've got this one, I don't remember how I've got her exactly but it was probably one of the girls captured after a fight.
Random model. Can even be one of the possible model for your child.

4.50 star(s) 117 Votes