Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
What is your go to combat team? I'm coming back to the game after like a year away and a lot has changed lol. I'm not sure my old team of Bud, Old man Doyle, and whatever girl I'm trying to raise the respect stat of is best anymore
My go to honestly tends to be highly variable depending on which characters roll what trait, favouring ones like warrior and brawler to build a melee squad is my default. I am a stingy bastard so I tend to just either rely on slaves or cheap mercs and then train them up to be combat ready, going for melee here works wonders as you can then ignore having to either get mercs with ammo pack or worry about logistics and a team of characters all with greatswords can overpower all the way through to late game content if need be. Like guns are good and as I understand recent updates have made them more viable but i did manage to complete Aria's questline with just my team of nutters with greatswords so when I have an option like that which works then I am going to take it.

My exact squad from my most recent run though was Aria, Loren, Aiko and the Black Scorpion.
This definitely isn't optimised or anything though, if you are going melee then I honestly think you can train most characters to be okay at it (same is true of ranged to be fair, I just hate having to buy/make ammo for characters without ammo pack.) so I don't really think optimal is necessary in this game unless you are trying to get to end game content fast.

Reactions: Gunner Rey

Melfior

Jun 6, 2018
In my opinion, it's essential to get people with long training as soon as possible. First on the line are DUDES that you capture with work alcoholic trait. Get 10 of those and let them cook towards 100 discipline while you work on your first workshop. Then during your first storm you go to Slave Market (make sure you have 2k influence) and buy your stormchild. They have a great roll for intelligence (i got mine at 130 INT) and you can still develop it up to 120 just by banging her. After you establish your workshop with stormchild foreman and 10 dudes with work alcoholism you are set to do w/e you want, money will flow.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
whats the keybord code in the inheritance quest in crows?
Try 1776. It was brought up in the discord recently and that was the code that guy said worked for him.

Do you guys spend the first few in game months grinding up stats and money before you start grabbing the Unique girls or do you try and grab them ASAP? Like Rebecca is only fully useful to get after you have a few investments under your belt
I have not made a new account in a while now. I do have a six day old account save from months ago that I plan to use as starting account if I ever want to do over.

What I did was get the girls I like early on. So Lovisa, Laika, and especially Kelly, with a lot of conclude day rerolls to force her event. It is a challenge because all three are guaranteed Delicate which means sex will always be challenging at the start. I also get Aiko, another Delicate, because she has decent starting medicine stat. I assign her as Nurse and not give her any other job for the first few weeks or one-to-two months.

I also prepare my combat team. Einar Corso is usually locked until 50 days in since I never take expert backgrounds and he needs an MC with Expert Soldier start to be available at day 1. I do grab Ansel, Bud, and Jack. They will do well as janitors over my captured NPCs because janitors with despising affection will sabotage their jobs and captured male NPCs start at Despising. Bud will also get the first high tier ranged weapon I can grab, a coilgun or plasma rifle. My first goalpost is the Cultist Monk. He does not scale as hard since he cannot wear armor but he makes for an excellent early game fighter. The second goal is Truls Baardson. He will be my first real combat fighter and he has good starting medicine stat. I might even give him an allowance to speed up his affection to uninterested, from despising. Next is Aaron Kreuger from Kymanto Hall as soon as I can since his stats start so low and I would need him trained to bring him when the Terror of the Deep finally spawns in a hundred days or so. The goal after is Cassius Bauer, one of my end-game combatants, but it can take a bit, around day 25-30 or something. This guy can also be a nurse. All this time I am also gathering workaholic random captures.

I upgrade parts of my home to at least level 1. My bedroom so it won't screw over my stamina (it used to, but I think Grim relaxed it in the current public build). My bathroom so I can gain some HP and stamina from bathing. My walls and gate so my captain is not miserable and I can mitigate my despising NPCs escape chances. I upgrade the dorm once so it does not reduce Happiness for my NPC. The kitchen, the living room, the office, all minor low cost upgrades to prevent unhappiness and squalor. Then the first "big one", a gazebo which will then be upgraded to have a pool once so I can hold pool parties. Further upgrades just increase happiness gained and not affection so I delay further upgrades. I build it in the tiny grey square build slot in the right area because there's not much good buildings I can build there. I get gardens slowly. I hunt, I train in the dojo, I do bounties, and raise up my influence so I can enter Emerald City, hire Ayden because he will be a great captain and a great quatermaster right off the bat (quartermasters automatically repair non-HULC armors at certain Science stats and Ayden starts at 80 so he repairs even duraplate), hire Armand to get his training started, and get a loan from the Crystal Heights bank. With that money, I build a workshop. Although I usually go the more expensive route and build a workshop on the $40k build plot outside my house because I do not like having a workshop inside my house for aesthetics reasons. Once I have a workshop running and staffed, I am safe.

At the same time as all that, I am slowly grinding any stats I can. Furry's Tavern second round for the academics and science increase, the Velvet Room once I have enough influence so I can get started on the Touch of Adonis quest and also raise my bondage and flagellation with Kasey. I try to kill the charucks on Hamah Bay as soon as I can for the stat increases. I delay reading books and taking classes because those are all uncapped increases and doing them later when I have capped all repeatable stat increases means I min max having them as high as I can. Why? No reason. There's no inherent benefit to having 180 Science instead of say 130. I just like numbers go brrr.

I usually go for the unique girls at around day 100+, when I am already established and my stats can handle them much much easier. I would like to get certain girls much earlier than this though, but not as early as Kelly and Lovisa. Girls like Aria, Kate, Loren, the Stormchild, and Adrienne so I can begin their training early.

Last edited:

Porrvald

Sep 12, 2020
In my opinion, it's essential to get people with long training as soon as possible. First on the line are DUDES that you capture with work alcoholic trait. Get 10 of those and let them cook towards 100 discipline while you work on your first workshop. Then during your first storm you go to Slave Market (make sure you have 2k influence) and buy your stormchild. They have a great roll for intelligence (i got mine at 130 INT) and you can still develop it up to 120 just by banging her. After you establish your workshop with stormchild foreman and 10 dudes with work alcoholism you are set to do w/e you want, money will flow.
The workshop foreman bonus is maxed out at foreman with 80 intelligence. So no need to train foreman intelligence higher than that.
Also, I'm 99% sure that in current version of the game slaves are no longer allowed to be foremen.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
For the Urchin's event is there any way to know what stage you are at? I gave them food and they never came back.
There are random urchin events you give food to during conclude day. These urchins come one at a time while the urchin chain event is always a group of three iirc until the last stage when her friends are caught.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
There are random urchin events you give food to during conclude day. These urchins come one at a time while the urchin chain event is always a group of three iirc until the last stage when her friends are caught.
ok so these are random urchins im getting. that's fair makes sense that they exist. I like these little events and hope there are more of them. I feautre I am hoping for in the future is more events/jobs for my slaves. I have room for them but many are not doing anything other than maid duty or janitorial work.

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
What´s the deal with Iona?

When I talk with her, she ask me for some money to make an investment. I give it to her, she walk away to meet the business man and then disappears. After some looking for her, I find her, capture her (with lot of f5´s) an bring her to my household. The money it´s gone and she tell me that she have been robed. There are anything else or that´s all?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
What´s the deal with Iona?

When I talk with her, she ask me for some money to make an investment. I give it to her, she walk away to meet the business man and then disappears. After some looking for her, I find her, capture her (with lot of f5´s) an bring her to my household. The money it´s gone and she tell me that she have been robed. There are anything else or that´s all?
She is a work-in-progress last I checked in the discord. I have not done her quest yet since I am waiting for the confirmation that her questline is complete so I cannot help you further than that.

Reactions: bolondro2

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
ok so these are random urchins im getting. that's fair makes sense that they exist. I like these little events and hope there are more of them. I feautre I am hoping for in the future is more events/jobs for my slaves. I have room for them but many are not doing anything other than maid duty or janitorial work.
If you have a lot of spare labor consider building a(nother) workshop or maybe a tavern.

tsap

Apr 19, 2019
Do you guys spend the first few in game months grinding up stats and money before you start grabbing the Unique girls or do you try and grab them ASAP? Like Rebecca is only fully useful to get after you have a few investments under your belt
Interesting question! Though I think it already got excellent answers, possibly some of the most reasonable ones there are, I'd throw my own here with some caveat. I am a poor player, so I do not need to run any outstandingly smart game either.

1. I don't hire mercs, nor do I buy unigue girls. I have grown a little bit tired of those and their special tricks and sidekicks some of them try to push into my MC:s house. Nice, no doubt, but they are not for me. When I get my house more or less fully paid, completely furnished and business going, I go and buy a girl or two from Chrystal Heights or Watery Eyes slave handlers. And even with them I am not in any particular hurry. Those nice ladies in taverns can take my MC:s cum and money and I don't let their fake smiles disturb me too much. In my imagination I can return them with some of my own, until I get influence and money enough to get "my own girls". All that takes lots of time, several months, usually, but time is exactly the one thing I got aplenty.

2. I have played this game long stretches of time already and I have dozens of ancient saves with some quite strong households. It isn't often these days I start with new characters, while I can go back and revive some old ones from the times when charuks haven't been nerfed down yet and also most of skills were still uncapped. That may be well considered as cheating, but it feels quite nice for a change to have an old "charuk schooled" MC that can beat nigh anything the recent game version should cast on him.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
What is your go to combat team? I'm coming back to the game after like a year away and a lot has changed lol. I'm not sure my old team of Bud, Old man Doyle, and whatever girl I'm trying to raise the respect stat of is best anymore
Well your early game team is probably going to look a lot different than your end game team. Early game it depends on who you have access to. Late game there are a number of good options.

Highest damage melee team:
- everyone Herculean frame: Cassius, Aaron, Truls, Einar

Highest damage ranged team:
- everyone with Critical Strike: Milou, Cassius, Dexter, Kelly, Rifle Savant, Iona

Depending on your starting options and what your prosperity is you might want to restrict it to only people with ammo pack, in which case Milou and Einar (both of whom are not available initially) are the only 2 of the above to make the cut.

Day 1 my combat team is usually: Ansel, Jack, Bud, Loren
Day 7 my combat team is usually: Kate, Dexter, Truls, Cassius

bolondro2

Oct 12, 2018
She is a work-in-progress last I checked in the discord. I have not done her quest yet since I am waiting for the confirmation that her questline is complete so I cannot help you further than that.
Then I would put her execution on hold.

Would be nice, then, that a note about this would appear in your quest log.

simon247

Jan 1, 2020
Has anyone tried running this locally on iOS/ iPad? I know you could run this on Android and Windows, but I was wondering if anyone’s had any luck with iOS.

Also, how does this look on a Steam Deck? :)

I’m trying to figure out how I could play this on a mobile device.

Last edited:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Does anyone know what it takes for your children to become survivalist, slave traders, or sell swords?
I cannot find the requirements for career 4 (Survivalist) and career 11 (slave trainer) in the html file. Career 6 (Sell-swords) are the same as in the wiki. The wiki just list them as mercenaries:

The one thing that wiki entry misses for now seems to be the Performer career. It's either Starlet trait or Performance stat 80+. If you have both on your child, the income and influence stacks.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 128 Votes