lexlexx

Mar 10, 2018
After you establish your workshop with stormchild foreman and 10 dudes with work alcoholism you are set to do w/e you want, money will flow.
how do you keep your workshop stocked up with merchandise? finding 6 scavengers with the trait not enough

Silverthorn

Apr 7, 2020
Ok, I keep seeing things about adding captured slaves to the household instead of selling them, but I can't see how to actually do that. The only way I've seen to get slaves is to buy them, even though I have multiple slaves captured. It's not listed anywhere in the wiki, it's not in the tutorial, despite having a suggestion to capture a girl during the tutorial. Seems like a major oversight...

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Ok, I keep seeing things about adding captured slaves to the household instead of selling them, but I can't see how to actually do that. The only way I've seen to get slaves is to buy them, even though I have multiple slaves captured. It's not listed anywhere in the wiki, it's not in the tutorial, despite having a suggestion to capture a girl during the tutorial. Seems like a major oversight...
Go to an area that has a slave market; click on inspect captured slaves; and from the next screen, you should be able to add to your household.
rifles to Hamah bay is the best for money right? coilguns and plasma seem to expensive but maybe they're late game sells?
They sell for higher margins with fewer input resources, but take a lot of factory output to produce. Go with rifles, especially when resources are cheap and plentiful, and rifles are selling for a decent amount. You can also just produce knives and sell them in town considering how little it takes to make them; it's still a decent profit margin for high volume.

Last edited:

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
They sell for higher margins with fewer input resources, but take a lot of factory output to produce. Go with rifles, especially when resources are cheap and plentiful, and rifles are selling for a decent amount. You can also just produce knives and sell them in town considering how little it takes to make them; it's still a decent profit margin for high volume.
When you say rifles, do you mean assault rifles or hunting? I have been doing hunting but its slow since it takes so long to get darksteel (or whatever it's called)

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
When you say rifles, do you mean assault rifles or hunting? I have been doing hunting but its slow since it takes so long to get darksteel (or whatever it's called)
Hunting, since its less than half the factory points. Buy the steel after you invest in Aimee's goods, after which you will get a discount.

Reactions: DrLizardman

lexlexx

Mar 10, 2018
Switch to rifle production and sell att Hamah bay.
Or produce swords and donate them to get passive income :) I do both. I like to have 2 workshops producing rifles and 1 workshop producing swords.
I just churn out plasma rifles. Also who are you donating the swords to?
rifles to Hamah bay is the best for money right? coilguns and plasma seem to expensive but maybe they're late game sells?
Thanks for the information guys not to sound like a dick but what i'm on about is, that i have two workshops one set to process Merch and one making rifles, however the one that is processing is burning though Merch so quick that i can't keep up with the Merch lost.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Thanks for the information guys not to sound like a dick but what i'm on about is, that i have two workshops one set to process Merch and one making rifles, however the one that is processing is burning though Merch so quick that i can't keep up with the Merch lost.
It's not really possible to bring in a significant supply of merch on a reliable basis in the current version. Manufacturing is the most profitable thing you can do with a workshop anyway but if you want something that's more passive you could do a sweatshop.

Reactions: Gato21

weezal

Jul 5, 2022
Tbh mate just drop the merch processing one its a waste of time and manpower. Get your high discipline workers from the merch one into the manufacturing one and focus on that. The money it makes far surpass everything else. Once you've got enough money for expensive materials you're money will grow incredibly fast.

Melfior

Jun 6, 2018
I dont think it's possible to keep up with merchandise cause a fully upgraded workshop will use up to 600-1000 (based on foreman and worker discipline) merchandise per day. I had about 15-18 scavengers with scav trait and I still was getting up to 200 on a good day. What i do is accumulate merch over time while the workshop generates production points and then burn everything in a few day and switch back.
Also good points from commenters above about profits. I made a calculation and surprisingly the best ratio for materials and production points is production of knives! While rifles has a coefficient about 3.4 (depends on the current price of materials), knives have coefficient of 5.1! No other weapon is even close to this. You wont make a lot of profit right away since knives are pretty cheap, but they have the best profit margin among all weapons. Another good thing is that the market demand for knives refreshes much faster than other weapons.

Reactions: Fauno36

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
So Plasma and Coilguns sell for more with less work but need maxed out workshops. how good are they compared to pumping out rifles and assault rifles? You cant sell them at hammah bay so no price boost.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Does anyone ever try and train their fav npcs to keep up with them in combat? I really like Loren + her Jaeger trait but she falls off so hard vs the other mercs later on. I just like any npc that has multiple outfits but her especially.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
1.) Rope. Always buy rope. You cannot hold captives without them.
2.) Once you have prisoners, check the handcuffs icon lower left in places like Redhaven, Watery Eyes, or Preacher's Pond. So, basically, check them in Redhaven.
Well, a fully trained scavenger in a 75+ prosperity Ikaanos can bring back 13 merchandise per day ( ). It becomes a question of how many scavengers are you willing to assign.
Does anyone ever try and train their fav npcs to keep up with them in combat? I really like Loren + her Jaeger trait but she falls off so hard vs the other mercs later on. I just like any npc that has multiple outfits but her especially.
I do with Kelly, but in an older version of the game where I can train her Ranged Combat past 150 thanks to an unintended bug now fixed where unconscious NPCs will always succeed in the Dojo and ignore any caps.

Outside of some of the Aria questline enemies though, I think a properly trained Loren with hulk or stealth armor, 150 Ranged Combat, and a Minigun will do well enough. You can always manufacture minigun ammo easily.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gunner Rey

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
How does she fall off? I'm trying to do exactly this at the moment. So far everyone is keeping pace, but then New World Order is still at it's opening stage and I'm not looking to progress it for a while.

Is there a cap of some NPC stats compared to others? Or does it just get expansive to keep them trained up?

Melfior

Jun 6, 2018
Girls make worse fighters than men due to smaller frame which in turn determines the amount of HP. Also male mercs usually have better traits (one exception is Milou who has the best fighter traits) such as crackshot and ammo. My late game build: Cassius, Milou, Einar and Connor

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
Girls make worse fighters than men due to smaller frame which in turn determines the amount of HP. Also male mercs usually have better traits (one exception is Milou who has the best fighter traits) such as crackshot and ammo. My late game build: Cassius, Milou, Einar and Connor
Why einar over the guy in the springs? is it because he only gets gauss rifle? Speaking of ConnorI know it isn't sexy, but I hope we can rescue Connor's family soon.

4.50 star(s) 128 Votes