Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Does anyone know if grimdark has said anything about when Connor's character quest is likely to be completed? It's a little weird to have the chancellor of the republic have undying affection for you, and you still can't do anything to help his family.
Version 0.8.4.1
Screenshot 2024-10-12 151428.png
hey i want to screw Aimee :p
Is that planned?
If it is, I cannot see it in #progress-list in the discord.

Mareares

Oct 24, 2017
So, what´s the point on having the possibility to include 6 females in the arena if you just can fight with one per day.

GD-studios

The Budman
Game Developer
Nov 20, 2021
As @ Zarkhy Did mention, there is stats for her, so here is at least some hope for ome more to corrupt at some point :D
But thank you for checking it out, if we are lucky GrimDark maybe can confirm or say "no comment" :p
Hopefully (in 0.9+)! I just have to make her a little more "unique" to avoid the likeness of a certain other character.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I have some questions.
1. What exactly do the stables do? I mean, how does the fast travel work given that you can walk everywhere quickly anyway? And are the other bonuses really worth it?
2. Garden vs Gazebo. What do you guys think?

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
1. What exactly do the stables do? I mean, how does the fast travel work given that you can walk everywhere quickly anyway? And are the other bonuses really worth it?
Once you start traveling by boat from Darkmere, you'll quickly find that it becomes somewhat challenging to take a boat someplace else and make it back the same day.

Not impossible, though, and I believe a lot of people don't bother with the Stables.

Garden early, Gazebo later.

Once you unlock Burakumin Village in Raikan and particularly after you unlock Zapin Fields, food stops being an issue.

But do note that you have 5 building slots. No reason you can't have (almost) all. Just remember to check which buildings can go where before making decisions.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I have some questions.
1.) Use the globe icon in the overworld. Lower left. Fast travel effect from the stable makes this option faster too.

Actions in this game costs 6 minutes or in multiples of 3. For travel time, Fast Travel for example gets you to a place in 6 minutes using the globe icon. And then when you return it can take you 0 minutes. So your travel time is halved. Instead of back and forth costing 12 minutes (6 minutes to go, 6 minutes to come back), it costs 6 minutes (6 minutes to go, 0 minutes to come back). Because the game has a minimum set of minutes, halving something like travel time can just be making sure one leg of the journey does not advance time.

It also makes it so any actions you do in Redhaven does not progress time. If you visit the workshop on the overworld or the tavern or the market, it does not progress time unless you start an action like drinking in the tavern.

Lastly, it allows you to add follower groups even in areas outside of your home and immediate vicinity. I could be in Imogen's Barrow, go to my Followers (crossed swords icon) button page 2 and add my follower group preset.

As for if it's worth it, what else are you going to build in your yard in the late game?

2.) The Gazebo need not occupy the same spot as the Garden. It can occupy Slot 5 just fine. A Garden in Slot 5 has reduced yield. No reason to make Slot 5 a garden.

1728768052013.png

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
Okay, some more suggestions.

Some form of quality indicator and upgrade preview for the various upgrades that we can do, particularly for the house upgrades. It's all well and good to say that a Materialistic NPC might lose happiness if the house isn't sufficiently upgraded, but it'd be nice to know how many upgrades have been applied to a room, how many more can be applied, and what effect an upgrade will have before spending my hard-earned cash.

A Lucky trait. Reverse of the Unlucky trait already available.

Some way of reducing the cost of upgrades. Maybe a 'Bargain Hunter' trait, or 'Unusual Quality' trait. Maybe both, and have one for upgrades and one for reducing the costs of buying items.

Potential for 'Mastercrafted' items when crafting. Basically items that are more effective then usual, and therefore worth more.

A 'Swift Action' or 'Timesaver' trait. Something that will reduce the time needed to upgrade the house, or train/educate the household.

Knowledge of healing rates, and ways to improve them. I would love to not need to spend a week waiting to heal up after a fight when I'm too cheap/can't afford to use tendstims.

Some way of increasing the training results. Increasing stats and skills by one per successful session is fine and all, but not so much when you need an 80 Domestic Pantry Girl yesterday, and can't spend a month educating the only free girl to that skill level.

Don't know how many of these have been brought up by others, but just my thoughts.

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
I like your "mastercraft" idea! making it worth while to grind weapons or even bother doing it, as you can get epic gear?
wonder if its possible, its often way easier to ask for something when its not us who have to implement it :D

Prustan

Sep 30, 2017
I like your "mastercraft" idea! making it worth while to grind weapons or even bother doing it, as you can get epic gear?
wonder if its possible, its often way easier to ask for something when its not us who have to implement it :D
I was thinking that the 'simplest' way to do it would be to boost the base stats a few points, maybe an accuracy boost for weapons and decreasing the Dex penalty for armor, and giving 1% chance per 5 or 10 points above the minimum to craft it for it to be a mastercraft. So if the item takes 20+ Blacksmithing, then having 50 would give a 3 or 6% chance to make a mastercraft.
Dunno how much effort it would take to implement, but it would give crafters more reason to craft, and extend the time before gear upgrades become necessary.

Reactions: MasterDk78

MasterDk78

Dec 16, 2017
I was thinking that the 'simplest' way to do it would be to boost the base stats a few points, maybe an accuracy boost for weapons and decreasing the Dex penalty for armor, and giving 1% chance per 5 or 10 points above the minimum to craft it for it to be a mastercraft. So if the item takes 20+ Blacksmithing, then having 50 would give a 3 or 6% chance to make a mastercraft.
Dunno how much effort it would take to implement, but it would give crafters more reason to craft, and extend the time before gear upgrades become necessary.
Yea I agree with you, it dont have to be much, but something unique would be nice, a tastement for many hours reading books and smithing that finally pays off. a smithing skill of etc, 70+ would trigger this bonus?

Oh and when we finally are talking about weapons and amors, i would really like to see something nice dex based weapon for those agility ninja freaks, as for now, i dont think there is much, is there?

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
i would really like to see something nice dex based weapon for those agility ninja freaks, as for now, i dont think there is much, is there?
No weapons scale off of DEX as far as I know.
I would love to not need to spend a week waiting to heal up after a fight when I'm too cheap/can't afford to use tendstims.
Well, for now, make sure to assign Nurses. You can assign them in the NPC Menu ---> Jobs & Titles, under the titles tab. It's a job that is only active for NPCs with Medicine stat 25+. It really helps.

Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
Man I would easily pay like 5 bucks to get the perks but 25 is way too much it was easier to spend hours learning how to change the code. That is the craziest ask for some starting perks or cheats I have ever seen on this site.

mr.petete

Aug 13, 2016
Once you unlock Burakumin Village in Raikan and particularly after you unlock Zapin Fields, food stops being an issue.
If you have “workers” with nature-lover trait, having more than 3 workshops is bad, you need 2 gardens to counteract or lower their willpower below 15.

I would love to not need to spend a week waiting to heal up after a fight when I'm too cheap/can't afford to use tendstims.
take a shower together for a whole day. you spend water but you recover life and stamina, your shower partner too.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2022
Man I would easily pay like 5 bucks to get the perks but 25 is way too much it was easier to spend hours learning how to change the code. That is the craziest ask for some starting perks or cheats I have ever seen on this site.
One way gets you a method to bypass the code to get perks. The other way supports the Dev allowing him to focus full time on creating the game. You do you. Just remember why the game has such a steady development cycle.

4.50 star(s) 138 Votes