Jun 10, 2022
Not going to go into detail, but you moved this issue into a dangerous area now. There is reasonable and there is everything else. A base subscription to a full-blown streaming service with thousands of ready movies is about 5 bucks. That is finished product, available right away.
How long did it take to develop those streaming services? How many millions of investment went into the development? As I said, Tier supporters understand the cost and are paying for the expedited development. the counter argument is that people should not support with Tiers and Development slows down considerably or stops completely (As happens to many games found here)

So the argument about the amount has it's merits since the state of the game is far from a ready product.
No, it doesn't. Tier support is not to buy a finished product.

....The tiers are worded clearly in a way that they are not supporting development, but give those supporters extra goodies that seem to hinder the core development of those issues, that affect everyone though. Professionally spoken: the monthly amount looking at Patreon alone and being conservative about the truth of those figures, dont correlate with the state of the product.
No, they aren't. The tiers listing benefits in no way take away the implied idea that tier-support is for development. One of the tiers actually says it is for those who want to support development more. Further, as this is an offline game, benefits granted by tier benefits in NO WAY affect "everyone". In contrast, tier support benefits everyone.

"Professionally spoken" implies you're an independent software developer. I'd be interested in hearing your business model. I'd be willing to bet if you have developed software you didn't give it away for free.

mr.petete

Aug 13, 2016
2. no matter where i search i cant find what the risks are with scavenging assignment. it says there are high risks but what does it mean? can a character die or at most get a stat decrease?
Ambush & Combat

3. is just a general question: what are some assignment/character combinations that you used for slave that dont have special traits or obivous stat/trait combinations? for example dakota could probably be a performer or just a maid depending on how you train her.
Whore

mr.petete

Aug 13, 2016
how do i increase my chances of getting more female slaves in combat and not dead
Manhunter, trait in the creation, give you +15% chance to incapacitate ( NOT apply to the MC's Followers)

Use these weapons to deliver the final blow

Fists: Incapacitation chance: +85%
Cane: Incapacitation chance: +89%
Combat Staff: Incapacitation chance: +70%
Knife: Incapacitation chance: +20%
Sledhammer: Incapacitation chance: +35%
Sword: Incapacitation chance: +15%
Great Sword: Incapacitation chance: +15%

Reactions: Fauno36 and frepyou

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Manhunter, trait in the creation, give you +15% chance to incapacitate ( NOT apply to the MC's Followers)

Use these weapons to deliver the final blow

Fists: Incapacitation chance: +85%
Cane: Incapacitation chance: +89%
Combat Staff: Incapacitation chance: +70%
Knife: Incapacitation chance: +20%
Sledhammer: Incapacitation chance: +35%
Sword: Incapacitation chance: +15%
Great Sword: Incapacitation chance: +15%
*Lets add the 11% base chance too. So he'll know it's all about canning in the end :LOL:

Reactions: mr.petete

Zarkhy

Nov 4, 2018
I discovered that by accident because one of those came up with Pussy as first name in one run and I was wondering if I could find others with similar fitting names. That's when I discovered the 'process' names got replaced.
The Dixon twin from the auction house gets a random first name.

Mine is called Pussie Dixon :cool:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
i have two or three questions that i hope someone here can answer:
1. On the wiki it says Adora gets +15 for head chef skill because she has some kind of affinity with it, but on her page i dont see anything that makes her special in that regard
2. no matter where i search i cant find what the risks are with scavenging assignment. it says there are high risks but what does it mean? can a character die or at most get a stat decrease?
3. is just a general question: what are some assignment/character combinations that you used for slave that dont have special traits or obivous stat/trait combinations? for example dakota could probably be a performer or just a maid depending on how you train her.

for the first two questions i hope someone can give me an answer. the third question is just something i asked because i am not sure how to train certain characters for certain jobs because i personally feel its a waste to just put them in the "filler" jobs like maid or a workshop employee.^^
2.) None. There is currently no danger I found for my Scavengers while playing the game. Loden, Jack, Ansel, and Bud have not died or something. I've also heard Alex say there's nothing in the code to endanger them.

3.) I just put them in school, trying to get a well-rounded stats for them. That's why I only have one workshop because that job is for the generic guys who are not active fighters. The girls rotate through school, Nika's to develop charisma, etc. Right now, there are more jobs being developed and listed in #progress-list like Nun, cutpurses, bootlegger, forager/hunter, butler etc., but the truth of the matter was that the jump from 0823 having a maximum of 8 slaves you can assign to stores (because the 12? stored in the annex could not be assigned anything) to 083 having a house with 80 NPCs (96 now) was massive, requiring a full rework of how every NPC is stored, and the number of jobs available did not expand, probably because the addition of male slaves and the quests (Aria questline and the Prowler questline) took priority.
t has a tremendous lack of giving a player enough information in-game to fulfil certain tasks, without reading pages of an out-of-game wiki first; simple things like what is a unique character are not marked at all
[...]
but give those supporters extra goodies that seem to hinder the core development of those issues, that affect everyone though.
I am not going to jump into an argument about pricing. I just want to comment about this part.

The goodies (MoR Enhanced and early access to alpha) does not hinder the development of tooltips or marking unique NPCs and it's very much a suggestion posted in the #suggestions channel in discord by tier 4 subscribers. Tier 4+ subscribers do not have inherent access to those information in-game. They can only start with higher stats and more traits. They have an easy start but even they could miss out on the fact that Valkyria shows up on only one day out of the entire playthrough and never again or that they accidentally kill/donate/sell Cassius Bauer, the most powerful well-rounded combat NPC in the game, thinking the girl with him in the group was the actual important catch.

Tberg

Jan 13, 2019
2.) None. There is currently no danger I found for my Scavengers while playing the game. Loden, Jack, Ansel, and Bud have not died or something. I've also heard Alex say there's nothing in the code to endanger them.

3.) I just put them in school, trying to get a well-rounded stats for them. That's why I only have one workshop because that job is for the generic guys who are not active fighters. The girls rotate through school, Nika's to develop charisma, etc. Right now, there are more jobs being developed and listed in #progress-list like Nun, cutpurses, bootlegger, forager/hunter, butler etc., but the truth of the matter was that the jump from 0823 having a maximum of 8 slaves you can assign to stores (because the 12? stored in the annex could not be assigned anything) to 083 having a house with 80 NPCs (96 now) was massive, requiring a full rework of how every NPC is stored, and the number of jobs available did not expand, probably because the addition of male slaves and the quests (Aria questline and the Prowler questline) took priority.

I am not going to jump into an argument about pricing. I just want to comment about this part.

The goodies (MoR Enhanced and early access to alpha) does not hinder the development of tooltips or marking unique NPCs and it's very much a suggestion posted in the #suggestions channel in discord by tier 4 subscribers. Tier 4+ subscribers do not have inherent access to those information in-game. They can only start with higher stats and more traits. They have an easy start but even they could miss out on the fact that Valkyria shows up on only one day out of the entire playthrough and never again or that they accidentally kill/donate/sell Cassius Bauer, the most powerful well-rounded combat NPC in the game, thinking the girl with him in the group was the actual important catch.
cool thank you for the answers. :D
i have no problem with the assignments or the number of slaves not matching. i like the game and i can see that grim is working on it with passion, which is good enough for me. i would suggest maybe going back to some older npcs like tori helm or rachel stapleton to maybe rework them, because they seem a little outdated, but thats just from my viewpoint. i like it more if their "roles" are kinda clear to see.

i assume that also means that adora doesnt have anything that makes her special to be head chef? because the wiki says it but nothing in the stats, traits or the description suggest that she is a great head chef or gets a skill bonus.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Thanks, odd placement for a consumable item in the accessories menu.
Should have place it in Gift n food or something
I'll suggest in discord to redo applicants to something like this one below since this is a pretty common question. (y)
Screenshot 2024-10-15 220556a.png
cool thank you for the answers. :D
i have no problem with the assignments or the number of slaves not matching. i like the game and i can see that grim is working on it with passion, which is good enough for me. i would suggest maybe going back to some older npcs like tori helm or rachel stapleton to maybe rework them, because they seem a little outdated, but thats just from my viewpoint. i like it more if their "roles" are kinda clear to see.

i assume that also means that adora doesnt have anything that makes her special to be head chef? because the wiki says it but nothing in the stats, traits or the description suggest that she is a great head chef or gets a skill bonus.
Tori is technically new but I get your point. I do wish she has a [Give Massage] option though to make her unique or rather there is an option for you to ask NPCs for a massage to restore stamina and Tori is just the best fit at it (giving bonus stamina restored). Rachel has an early game role: she is the best NPC to put in Golden Dragon's performer task without any training since she is designed to clear all the requirements of Golden Dragon. She does not have a bonus for it though. I'll try to think of something to suggest for how that would look like. I did ask for Loren to have a trait that gives her bonus damage to beast-like enemies. Gives her some flair. Lastly, unique traits earned by unique NPCs after completing their dedicated quests is a great avenue and has been suggested before. Would be great to see it implemented for others (Aria has one for example).

As for Adora, I do not know. I know the Head Chef code entry has no mention of Adora but it is entirely possible that it's located in a separate code entry.

Last edited:
Reactions: GD-studios

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Would be great to see it implemented for others (Aria has one for example).
I'd rather see her other angle be implemented first instead of figuring out unique traits for her. For me this whole anti-slavery feminist democracy line of hers and her little rebellion is a big no-no. It doesn't resonate well with me that this whole Master of Raana thing is actually elevating her to chancellor of a democracy. Fuck that shit :LOL: I wanna have a high control, authoritarian regime with high corruption as a chancellor myself and her as a torphy slave.

Tberg

Jan 13, 2019
I'll suggest in discord to redo applicants to something like this one below since this is a pretty common question. (y)
View attachment 4135357

Tori is technically new but I get your point. I do wish she has a [Give Massage] option though to make her unique or rather there is an option for you to ask NPCs for a massage to restore stamina and Tori is just the best fit at it (giving bonus stamina restored). Rachel has an early game role: she is the best NPC to put in Golden Dragon's performer task without any training since she is designed to clear all the requirements of Golden Dragon. She does not have a bonus for it though. I'll try to think of something to suggest for how that would look like. I did ask for Loren to have a trait that gives her bonus damage to beast-like enemies. Gives her some flair. Lastly, unique traits earned by unique NPCs after completing their dedicated quests is a great avenue and has been suggested before. Would be great to see it implemented for others (Aria has one for example).

As for Adora, I do not know. I know the Head Chef code entry has no mention of Adora but it is entirely possible that it's located in a separate code entry.
oh wait my bad i switched tori and lovisa. i meant lovisa.^^
the unique trait for npcs with story quests would be cool since they are also the npcs that have the most work put into them. i personally want to give them special treatment because i feel like if a dev puts work into a character it would be nice to not just have them as some deposable pawn like the auction generated npcs.

Reactions: Lurker452

Tberg

Jan 13, 2019
I'd rather see her other angle be implemented first instead of figuring out unique traits for her. For me this whole anti-slavery feminist democracy line of hers and her little rebellion is a big no-no. It doesn't resonate well with me that this whole Master of Raana thing is actually elevating her to chancellor of a democracy. Fuck that shit :LOL: I wanna have a high control, authoritarian regime with high corruption as a chancellor myself and her as a torphy slave.
i mean yeah there are a lot of different things that people would like to see and i dont think they wont be done it just takes some time since its not a big team of developers. i am happy with whatever gets implemented, but for now it seems most updates have a little story and a little bit of quality of life stuff^^

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
i am happy with whatever gets implemented, but for now it seems most updates have a little story and a little bit of quality of life stuff^^
Which is fine. I wasn't complaining. QoL stuff is great. The more the better. The more little story the more random girl with images and scenes the better. I love this game. But i sure hope we won't be stuck with a democracy ending4Life :sneaky:

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
I'd rather see her other angle be implemented first instead of figuring out unique traits for her.
She already has one in-game since the implementation of her big quest. I'm saying I wish others get one too.
For me this whole anti-slavery feminist democracy line of hers and her little rebellion is a big no-no. It doesn't resonate well with me that this whole Master of Raana thing is actually elevating her to chancellor of a democracy.
With the right corruption stats, she won't be raising liberty or building a democracy.

Reactions: User1810

Tberg

Jan 13, 2019
Which is fine. I wasn't complaining. QoL stuff is great. The more the better. The more little story the more random girl with images and scenes the better. I love this game. But i sure hope we won't be stuck with a democracy ending4Life :sneaky:
might have misunderstood you a little then^^

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
How to reset the urchin and valkyria quests?
Control + Shift + J on Chromium browsers. Copy and hit enter individually:

SugarCube.State.active.variables.killurch = 99

SugarCube.State.active.variables.slavtest = undefined

First one auto completes the urchin event and after one conclude day you can get her.
Second one reactivates Valkyria fight in Marston for that day.

Reactions: FMK42
4.50 star(s) 138 Votes