khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Sold my crossbow, spent all money buying that Scandi girl. Bandit tolls everywhere. Ranged skill 25. All I could do was taking shifts at "The Sludge".

While some choices weren't strategically "perfect", I did eventually rise from the ashes. A very fun playthrough that touched on all early/mid-game aspects. Things that would've passed unnoticed if I'd cheated. (Again, remember these are words from an ironman masochist.)
Isn't that the run where you killed off pretty much all the uniques except Kate?

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
For me I usually play like a super rich businessman type trying to save the world using dying world grimdark. Which would take forever so I give myself a bunch of money to start with but that is about it. Not going to subject Tony Stark to working in a factory lol. Already hard enough trying to increase control and prosperity with lots of money.
When Tony Stark doesn't have access to his factory he uses a barn, a garage--or a cave.

You can make yourself a rich businessman easily enough without utilizing any console commands. You capture your enemies and put them to work. Sift through your captures to find the ones with 60+ Discipline, the Workaholic trait or better yet, both. Sell the rest after adding them to your Household. Once you have one manufactory it's easy to get two, and then only gets easier.

Let it take forever and enjoy the journey, ravishing smoking hot strumpets every day along the way. That's a very fun way to play this game.

Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
When Tony Stark doesn't have access to his factory he uses a barn, a garage--or a cave.

You can make yourself a rich businessman easily enough without utilizing any console commands. You capture your enemies and put them to work. Sift through your captures to find the ones with 60+ Discipline, the Workaholic trait or better yet, both. Sell the rest after adding them to your Household. Once you have one manufactory it's easy to get two, and then only gets easier.

Let it take forever and enjoy the journey, ravishing smoking hot strumpets every day along the way. That's a very fun way to play this game.
I have never quite gotten factories to work. You need hundreds of merchandise at once it seems or I at least can't figure out how to process less. Then for the other options I can never really figure out how to make it profitable. I don't think you can buy merchandise anywhere it is just gotten daily from a couple questions rewards or from loot. Buying materials directly to make stuff always seems to lose money.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I have never tried rise from ashes but surely it would be better to hunt for food and sell extra at that point? Might need to pick sharpshooter for the rifle and ammo or something. Also I was probably a bit more hostile in my comments than I intended. Thanks for accepting the feedback
You can do that, it's how I started to learn the game some two years ago and hundreds of pages back. It's still a viable strategy. though it is much easier to use combat to get you capital and start manufacturing and then investing in factions and businesses. You can do the latter through hunting, it will just take longer. Grim added a market cap for food sells, so it's not like it used to be.

I pay the 'Iron Price' for my weapons, I take them off the dead or filch them from Enya when I equip her whip. While the rifle gained from 'Sharpshooter' is kinda nice to start with, there's two easy quests the first day which will get you a free rile and the recurring Freebooter at the top left of Watery Eyes might drop one if you don't get one from the guys in the lower left on Marston Avenue. The extra ten points of Ranged Combat is the better benefit of Sharpshooter as it can take you from 60 to 70 RC eliminating early recoil penalties.

Reactions: User1810

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
I have never quite gotten factories to work. You need hundreds of merchandise at once it seems or I at least can't figure out how to process less. Then for the other options I can never really figure out how to make it profitable.
Set them to 'Manufacture' as soon as you buy them. They'll start generating points based on your upgrades, team Discipline and numbers as well as Foreman Intelligence. Go out and get the resources to build Rifles to start with, then move to Automatic Weapons when you get enough for a big load of Durasteel and they're selling for 1240 or whatever it is at Hamah Bay. There's other things to build that might be more optimum later, but that's a good way to start.

Reactions: Clemency

Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
You can do that, it's how I started to learn the game some two years ago and hundreds of pages back. It's still a viable strategy. though it is much easier to use combat to get you capital and start manufacturing and then investing in factions and businesses. You can do the latter through hunting, it will just take longer. Grim added a market cap for food sells, so it's not like it used to be.

I pay the 'Iron Price' for my weapons, I take them off the dead or filch them from Enya when I equip her whip. While the rifle gained from 'Sharpshooter' is kinda nice to start with, there's two easy quests the first day which will get you a free rile and the recurring Freebooter at the top left of Watery Eyes might drop one if you don't get one from the guys in the lower left on Marston Avenue. The extra ten points of Ranged Combat is the better benefit of Sharpshooter as it can take you from 60 to 70 RC eliminating early recoil penalties.
Yeah I was just saying for rise from the ashes it might be needed if you go for hunting early. I have been playing awhile just not tried rise from the ashes yet so don't know how difficult combat would be or how tight money is. Grim said ironman as well so would assume combat is pretty risky early on. Hunting just seemed better than working in the factory and buying food with your wages since you could get food from that and stuff to sell. Although your stats might be so low it is just not possible at the start even with sharpshooter. I think you only get like 300 points in rise from the ashes so sharpshooter would be a big investment.

Gunner Rey

Aug 15, 2018
Yeah I was just saying for rise from the ashes it might be needed if you go for hunting early. I have been playing awhile just not tried rise from the ashes yet so don't know how difficult combat would be or how tight money is. Grim said ironman as well so would assume combat is pretty risky early on. Hunting just seemed better than working in the factory and buying food with your wages since you could get food from that and stuff to sell. Although your stats might be so low it is just not possible at the start even with sharpshooter. I think you only get like 300 points in rise from the ashes so sharpshooter would be a big investment.
You can always fit in as ten pointer if you have to, just talk yourself into one of the disadvantages you don't really want to take, though Sharpshooter is lower on my list of priorities to start.

Unless he's changed it drastically in the last few updates, the best way to hunt is still with the crossbow. You'll need that yield, the easier to get to hunting grounds don't replenish that fast and the further ones take a lot of travel time or necessitate prioritizing Stables early which I find less than ideal. Crossbow bolts are also cheaper and with Loren and the Wildborn bonus stacked with other Wildborns, you can succeed virtually every time regardless.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Unless you spend points on the soldier class, you're almost certainly going to start off with terrible combat stats in a rise start so you're going to be mostly reliant on your followers in combat for quite awhile. Combining that with Ironman really makes the game brutal since you're going to constantly have whoever your main combat followers are dying permanently. That means unless you want to eventually just kill off all the uniques you're going to have to train up a constant supply of random scrubs to just toss into the meat grinder. There is no amount of gear or training that will ever allow you to avoid deaths in an iron man game unless you just never fight anything dangerous.

Personally, for a Rise start I prioritize the traits and don't take any skill classes at all. You can train up stats. You can't add traits mid game other than the master traits. I did try an ironman game for awhile but I found it annoying not to ever be able to take any of my best people into combat. I was curious to see how often people became incapacitated rather than dying outright. The answer is that even in the best armor they usually just die. Since it's not uncommon for the enemy to crit for up to 100 or so you would need armor with soak value close to double what Hulk armor has to be able to reliably avoid deaths.

Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
Unless you spend points on the soldier class, you're almost certainly going to start off with terrible combat stats in a rise start so you're going to be mostly reliant on your followers in combat for quite awhile. Combining that with Ironman really makes the game brutal since you're going to constantly have whoever your main combat followers are dying permanently. That means unless you want to eventually just kill off all the uniques you're going to have to train up a constant supply of random scrubs to just toss into the meat grinder. There is no amount of gear or training that will ever allow you to avoid deaths in an iron man game unless you just never fight anything dangerous.

Personally, for a Rise start I prioritize the traits and don't take any skill classes at all. You can train up stats. You can't add traits mid game other than the master traits. I did try an ironman game for awhile but I found it annoying not to ever be able to take any of my best people into combat. I was curious to see how often people became incapacitated rather than dying outright. The answer is that even in the best armor they usually just die. Since it's not uncommon for the enemy to crit for up to 100 or so you would need armor with soak value close to double what Hulk armor has to be able to reliably avoid deaths.
Sounds about right lol. I wonder what quickstart gives you. Never actually tried it.

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Set them to 'Manufacture' as soon as you buy them. They'll start generating points based on your upgrades, team Discipline and numbers as well as Foreman Intelligence. Go out and get the resources to build Rifles to start with, then move to Automatic Weapons when you get enough for a big load of Durasteel and they're selling for 1240 or whatever it is at Hamah Bay. There's other things to build that might be more optimum later, but that's a good way to start.
Knives first is also an alternative since it is production points efficient. They just buy materials discounted from Aimee's Goods and the knives are sold in the market near your house so there's no need to travel, saving stamina.
Unless you spend points on the soldier class
Is it still possible to get Deadly Strike or Crackshot without Soldier level 2? The old method (taking Soldier 2, picking the trait, then removing Soldier 2) was patched, right?

Reactions: Gunner Rey

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Is it still possible to get Deadly Strike or Crackshot without Soldier level 2? The old method (taking Soldier 2, picking the trait, then removing Soldier 2) was patched, right?
You can get them with Adonis and/or Superb but you can't get those in a Rise start. You might still be able to get Crackshot with Sharpshooter (which you can then disable again) I don't remember if that's enough by itself but Deadly Strike is definitely a no without Soldier unless it's an enhanced start so you can pick Adonis/Superb. You cans till get soldier and then remove it after taking wildborn but not deadly strike. Not sure if that's intended or an oversight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clemency

Quickpawmaud

Jul 4, 2019
You can get them with Adonis and/or Superb but you can't get those in a Rise start. You might still be able to get Crackshot with Sharpshooter (which you can then disable again) I don't remember if that's enough by itself but Deadly Strike is definitely a no without Soldier unless it's an enhanced start so you can pick Adonis/Superb. You cans till get soldier and then remove it after taking wildborn but not deadly strike. Not sure if that's intended or an oversight.
I just tried out the crafter quick start build and it has full business class. It also had wealthy, engineer, and crackshot. So try out the quick builds they actually seem good.

dracion552

Feb 1, 2019
// Slave Affection // -- No value found // Slave Corruption // -- No value found

I couldn't get the console to work, but I am dumb in this regard, directly using save editors however, I saw that changing the variable "masterlove" changed affection and "likesadist" changed corruption. Seeing that every other variable in your list is the same in the editor, I don't see why they wouldn't also be

Dslibre

Dec 29, 2017
Hi there,

I've been meaning to try this game for a while, but every time i come here and read the latest comments, the game seems very overwhelming with its gameplay systems.

Is there a wiki somewhere ? Or do i just dive in blind ?

also, i saw there are 2 mods on the first page, but couldnt find out what they do, should i use them right from the start ?

Cheers for helping ^^

Clemency

Jan 21, 2024
Hi there,

I've been meaning to try this game for a while, but every time i come here and read the latest comments, the game seems very overwhelming with its gameplay systems.

Is there a wiki somewhere ? Or do i just dive in blind ?

also, i saw there are 2 mods on the first page, but couldnt find out what they do, should i use them right from the start ?

Cheers for helping ^^
There's a wiki:
There's an outdated guide in the wiki that is unlinked from the main page now but just in case you find it it is talking about version 0.8.2.3 at the latest (it says it on the label) so it is outdated. Don't follow it, obviously.
The official mods page leads to sandman's mods which 1:1 changes the female models and their sex scenes from Daz3d models to AI generated versions of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dslibre

Dslibre

Dec 29, 2017
There's a wiki:
There's an outdated guide in the wiki that is unlinked from the main page now but just in case you find it it is talking about version 0.8.2.3 at the latest (it says it on the label) so it is outdated. Don't follow it, obviously.
The official mods page leads to sandman's mods which 1:1 changes the female models and their sex scenes from Daz3d models to AI generated versions of them.
Thanks a lot !

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Untitled.jpg
Assign Zahira as slave mistress and Averil assigned in her care...
Remove job from Zahira... Averil still gets a bonus from Zahira's training...

Then assign Averil as mistress with Zahira assigned in her care...
Remove job from Averil... Zahira still gets training bonuses...

Both can "train" eachother Until you hit the clear button *who would ever do this?*
(they both get end day skill bonuses as if they are training eachother even when working other jobs)
Pretty sure this was not intended.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yes which is why I would compare it to other patreon pages instead. Most are mostly donations with no gameplay benefits or for ones with gameplay benefits it is test builds or cheats and it is around $5 or so. You are not just paying to support the dev in this circumstance. Grim is selling you something for a price. I think that price is ridiculous for the benefit.
I am not sure why you fixate on gameplay benefits as being somehow categorically different from advance access. They are both benefits. If you really believe that Patreon is a marketplace with developers selling products, I think that you misunderstand Pateon and patronage in general.

A patron is paying so that a product can be made. Not for them (paying for exclusive access is just purchasing) but for everyone. Patron patronize because they want to see the products of their clients finished, not because they get products for their own exclusive use. I'm a patron of Grim because I want to reward developers that focus on making games fun and interesting all the time. Those developers are extremely rare here, where most developers rely on grind or twitch minigames to pad their slender storytelling.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Knives first is also an alternative since it is production points efficient. They just buy materials discounted from Aimee's Goods and the knives are sold in the market near your house so there's no need to travel, saving stamina.
It took me a while to realize this but yes, knives are the way to go for making money.

4.50 star(s) 138 Votes