SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
No no and no. When I started writing side stories no body asked if I was doing something "ntr". That happened after I started writing them. Besides, I had no idea that there were people sensitive to that topic.
I am in the middle of writing my own avn. I have my outline from start to finish. I know what happens when it happens and who is involved. No I do not know exactly what each character is going to say along the way. But I do know what content it will and absolutely will not have. There will be no well maybe I will just nah they wont like that... but if it just fits... NO its not part of my story it does not will not go in.
Sit yourself down and write your outline, know your game from start to finish and all events in the game. Then do not let someone talk you into adding something you know will piss people off unless like mine there is a content warning because I have some things in my story that just should never happen to a woman but that is also what is part of my story. I do listen to suggestions but they know my guidelines and know better then to push them.
Hell in my about section on my discord I specifically state "[NO FUCKING NTR PERIOD] Other men will be in the game but they will not at any point be seen being intimate with any of the women] while some the threat may be implied but its nothing more then a threat] Word of warning do not even ask me or try to bribe me to include it. I personally will ban you from my discord, patreon and even the forums when the game hits them."

So its up to you. push the boundaries of your viewers and lose them or figure out your story before you just say hyup ima add that and blow your avn up.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Right.. As said above.. I am also working a game..
I know what is hated and what isn't.. Because I've been a player for years and have done my research.
Same for me i have well over 2 tb of games i have saved i have watched post after post and no im not against people enjoying what ever content they like but the for and against something like ntr is a huge gap. to start a game with no ntr then all of a sudden throw it in pisses off 50 non ntr people and make 2 ntr people happy. next thing the game loses any support and its abandoned. seen it time ant time again and almost ever time its cause ntr was thrown in. my own story has been something rattling around in my head for a few years and i am finally taking the plunge. 4 months ago i sat down and wrote the entire outline. now its time to build the story and fill in the the peoples individual stories. i know my content and there will be no whats in it questions cause all the tags will be posted the day i finally post it on here. starting with whats in "this" release and whats coming later in planned... no added tags so people will know what they are getting into.

A.C.H.B.

Dec 17, 2020
Just let the dev do what he wants, if it turns out to be a cuckfest, I wouldn't lose sleep putting this thread on ignore like so many threads on this forum. If it turns out our fears about the NTR were misguided (which I hope is the case), we can add another potentially good game to our playlist. The game has had what? 3 updates so far? I think it's fairly early to pass judgment on it, regardless of what the dev has said about turning us into cucks or sth along those lines lol.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I already explained that the story is written, the side stories of the secondary characters, that's what I haven't finished yet. As for the ntr, what I was going to add was something very short, stupid, a side story as well. It shouldn't even be considered ntr since the player chooses if the girl will be with someone else or not. And in case you choose it, that's where it ends, that relationship is not thinking in the main story. No one will steal the girl from you, any of them.

Another side story is gay content, and many others I still don't think about, I want to exploit every (legal) taboo I can add, the one who likes it can make the choices I will put obviously "yes" and who doesn't want it to happen can make the other obvious choice "no"
Side story or not if its a LI it will piss people off, even if its a past event in a dream the non ntr crowd will lose its mind. I have seen it happen. i have flashbacks coming in mine but i am steering clear of annyyyything involving other men in those as well. As for my content define legal everybody and almost every country has different ideas and laws. Unless of course your worried about patreon. My own story is mean to have isct right off the at the start but my game is set up and written in a way that from the start screen and story wise its not there unless the player sets the relationships to mother son sister brother etc etc. I am able to avoid patreon and patches as well.
That kind of code is for all the "possible family" in the game.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
Same for me i have well over 2 tb of games i have saved i have watched post after post and no im not against people enjoying what ever content they like but the for and against something like ntr is a huge gap. to start a game with no ntr then all of a sudden throw it in pisses off 50 non ntr people and make 2 ntr people happy. next thing the game loses any support and its abandoned. seen it time ant time again and almost ever time its cause ntr was thrown in. my own story has been something rattling around in my head for a few years and i am finally taking the plunge. 4 months ago i sat down and wrote the entire outline. now its time to build the story and fill in the the peoples individual stories. i know my content and there will be no whats in it questions cause all the tags will be posted the day i finally post it on here. starting with whats in "this" release and whats coming later in planned... no added tags so people will know what they are getting into.
I've been talking to those who are in my Discord server besides my own disdain for NTR and sharing, I find it's a good way to know what all your potential audience will actually like... Anything negative for my story can easily be put in a backstory that's only mentioned and never seen.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
and in case you choose it, that's where it ends, that relationship is not thinking in the main story.
That's not really what your graphic is saying tho. At the end Female Main C can be with other guy.

Again, i don't have a problem with it because i won't play the game, but... yeah.

• Angry
Reactions: Jsd16 and Naxos

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I meant it wont be a story with him. ends there, in that side story.
yea and in mine one girl is dealing with being beaten by her father for not wanting to marry and asshole like him, then he starts shit again and well daddy dearest is pushing up daisys not long after.. know what the difference is? its not a surprise the player didnt see coming. i have warned my player well in advance "
WARNING THIS STORY CONTAINS ELEMENTS SOME MIGHT FIND CONTROVERSIAL
(Abuse, degradation of women in my story.)"

You just sprung it on your players.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
My only say in all of this, if for some weird reason i were to make a scene like that, i would never use the main LI, just throw away a side character and you make the cucks happy and don't piss anyone, but it's the way you wrote and i can't change it so be it.

One thing devs usually forget is that there is people that like to immerse themselves in stories, being it a book, a game or a VN and for someone that don't do that it's pretty hard to understand but believe me there is alot of people that do that, me included, and that breakes a character for them, when the choice shows up you'll think "ahh, so it's here that the cuckening happens" and it breaks immersion even if you refuse. For me the multiple protag is usually a deal breaker, but it's not what is in discussion here.

I wasn't going to post about this subject again but i think its good info for the dev, atleast he can understand my/our point of view even if the scene is set in stone.

I'am happy that you fixed your computer, been a while since i last visited the thread.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I wasn't going to post about this subject again but i think its good info for the dev, atleast he can understand my/our point of view even if the scene is set in stone.
Sorry for the double copy but i didnt see this part. This devs story is just starting... NOTHING is set in stone that can NOT be quickly changed out. i have a scene in mine that i am having a few people review. just a short scene but i want their opinion cause its rather a bad thing. a simple snip of the code and a simple delete of a couple renders... and poof gone simple as that from a dev stand point. it never happened. players might need to restart at a point in their games but it would be gone.

Deleted member 1399911

May 8, 2019
I always ask myself a question when coming up with stuff for my game..
Would I be fine with living (because I'm an immersive player) through this?
If yes, ask the people in my Discord their opinion..
If no, rethink the idea till it is a yes then ask the others..
If they are for it, continue with the idea..
If they are against it, drop the whole thing.. Put something else in that area.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
I always ask myself a question when coming up with stuff for my game..
Would I be fine with living (because I'm an immersive player) through this?
If yes, ask the people in my Discord their opinion..
If no, rethink the idea till it is a yes then ask the others..
If they are for it, continue with the idea..
If they are against it, drop the whole thing.. Put something else in that area.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Im comfused... is this your outline for your entire game?
What you just showed means you are just freeballing it through and have no clue what your content is till its typed out. That is not a outline. I have 7 different saved files for all 7 seasons of my game.

Naxos

Engaged Member
May 9, 2018
You just sprung it on your players.
Ok enough of this silliness.

My stance on it is pretty clear, hell it's there in black and white in my sig.

But there is no springing it on the players, rojo123 has been pretty open about it from the first time the question was asked, or at least he said it would happen, but it would be optional, just no details.

You all are acting like he's turned this into a cuck novel, he's not it one stupid side story and is OPTIONAL, take a chill pill, relax, enjoy the next update and say no when it happens.

rojo123 any chance of an ending with the daughter and mc + her friend (the sexy redhead)?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I didn't decide if she knows you're cheating on her or not.
I will make an "harem ending" but I don't know how you will end there yet.
Some decisions are more typical of a game with no harem ending than one that does have that kind of ending; for example when you have to choose between LIs (like for example I stay here with the girlfriend or I go to see the friend / whatever). Harem game players don't usually like these kinds of decisions, especially if they serve to give points to one and not the other, or force you to choose different sex scenes.

If there is a harem ending, I prefer it. If there isn't, I'd rather focus on the female MC and ignore the remaining LIs as much as possible (except the girlfriend, at least until I can get the male MC to end the relationship, which I honestly prefer soon.). If there is no harem ending, I prefer the MC not to have sex with any LI except the main one (and if I can avoid the sex scenes with the MC's current girlfriend, then all the better too)

In any case, if the sex scenes are going to be more like the MC cheating on the female MC without establishing a romantic relationship with the potential LIs, then I'm not interested in those scenes.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Some decisions are more typical of a game with no harem ending than one that does have that kind of ending; for example when you have to choose between LIs (like for example I stay here with the girlfriend or I go to see the friend / whatever). Harem game players don't usually like these kinds of decisions, especially if they serve to give points to one and not the other, or force you to choose different sex scenes.
Mine is being set up so the "main" fam... err girls are locked to the mc simply put, no they will not just jump into bed the story for them is linear. which as a harem game the main li in this game should kinda follow that kind of line since it is supposed to be seemingly a romance game. after the main girls players should then have a choice to pursue or not pursue side girls. I can understand that and im doing it myself cause it just makes sense.
While here we got a case of ntr showing up in a game in a place it doesnt fit. in turn blowing up his forum. a action that is reversible so he "could" fix it yet instead ohhh its written i cant change it? It also has a lot to do with the devs comment about ohhh its ntr but you will love it or wtf ever it was.... You can not make a non ntr player love "his ntr" that is being just as delusional as that outline he posted yesterday. He didnt intend for it when he started writing it? it just happened? no he has no plan and from his own words is just throwing words at his screen and seeing if they stick. then all of a sudden saying oh damn.. oh well i cant back out now... this is the impression i am getting from this dev.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Allright you won. I won't make ntr in the game. I will change the end of that side story.
Sorry you have to change the story you wanted to make. I hope this decision will suit you and you won't get swamped by so much protest in the future

Reactions: Naxos
3.40 star(s) 21 Votes