Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
I am having issues with the sprites, they seem split, changing views doesn't help.
A few people have run across that error but I'm unable to replicate it on my setup. My best guess is something to do with your version of nw.js, or possibly the game just doesn't work for 32-bit systems or certain PC setups. I'm talking with some other coders about what may be causing it.

Last edited:

Puniasterus

Feb 16, 2018
A few people have run across that error but I'm unable to replicate it on my setup. My best guess is something to do with your version of nw.js, or possibly the game just doesn't work for 32-bit systems or certain PC setups. I'm talking with some other coders about what may be causing it.
I see, although I am using a 64 bit system.

Happytimes1

Aug 8, 2016
Trapped in the bodyshop basement after speaking to Shrike. Every time I leave the guy who let me in just says his old dialogue and sends me back in.

the save file. Also it seems to be throwing up the character art for some guy who looks nothing like the character portrait when talking to the Shrike despite them being a woman. Also that art never goes away.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Trapped in the bodyshop basement after speaking to Shrike. Every time I leave the guy who let me in just says his old dialogue and sends me back in.

Here's the save file. Also it seems to be throwing up the character art for some guy who looks nothing like the character portrait when talking to the Shrike despite them being a woman. Also that art never goes away.
Whoa thanks for letting me know, that's content still in dev and not supposed to be accessible in this demo. I should've already fixed the bug and will be uploading new patches soon.

SymbioticLife

Mar 17, 2019
Any actual romance in this one (or plans for there to be such) ? It's not a tag so I'm not sure, will play it regardless at some point I suppose but I was just wondering.

Also a question not for the dev really, what's the quality of writing like in this one? Dialogue in particular usually sucks in these games.

Jun 6, 2017
Title says 0.05 demo but the file size is slightly over 1GB. What's the deal? That's bigger than a lot of complete RPG Maker games.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Any actual romance in this one (or plans for there to be such) ? It's not a tag so I'm not sure, will play it regardless at some point I suppose but I was just wondering.

Also a question not for the dev really, what's the quality of writing like in this one? Dialogue in particular usually sucks in these games.
Ahh didn't realize there's a romance tag, I'll add it. Yes, you can romance characters. Some will be willing to have sex right away, others you have to put effort in.

Title says 0.05 demo but the file size is slightly over 1GB. What's the deal? That's bigger than a lot of complete RPG Maker games.
Yeah it's a lot bigger than most RPGMaker games. I mean, it's 3D/isometric, so there's a lot more image files, plus lots of music and sound effects, etc.

Happytimes1

Aug 8, 2016
Is there a plan in place to address the performance? I'm on a pretty good machine but it still lags like crazy no matter what perspective I set it in.

Protip to anyone struggling with lag: Go into the settings and sync the framerate to your monitor. It won't stop the lags but instead of annoying slowdown it will just drop frames.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Is there a plan in place to address the performance? I'm on a pretty good machine but it still lags like crazy no matter what perspective I set it in.

Protip to anyone struggling with lag: Go into the settings and sync the framerate to your monitor. It won't stop the lags but instead of annoying slowdown it will just drop frames.
Which version are you on? 0.05 underwent a slight optimization tweak. It should run fine on most setups, although different settings may cause lag. My primary test device is an Intel i3 with UHD graphics (very outdated non-gaming laptop).

chemicalvamp

Sep 20, 2017
I liked it, Hated how short it was, and it never sandboxed out. :( But I think it will grow into a really good game, excellent tech demo. I hope to see more soon.

Happytimes1

Aug 8, 2016
Which version are you on? 0.05 underwent a slight optimization tweak. It should run fine on most setups, although different settings may cause lag. My primary test device is an Intel i3 with UHD graphics (very outdated non-gaming laptop).
I got a fairly servicable machine. The lag is pretty severe though. Especially when in the outside map.
specs.PNG

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
I got a fairly servicable machine. The lag is pretty severe though. Especially when in the outside map.
View attachment 672337
Yeah, there's no way you should be running into significant lag (or even hit below 30 FPS consistently). Hmm, I'm wondering if there's some compatibility issues. Did you download off steam or through a zip?

Happytimes1

Aug 8, 2016
Yeah, there's no way you should be running into significant lag (or even hit below 30 FPS consistently). Hmm, I'm wondering if there's some compatibility issues. Did you download off steam or through a zip?
Via the zip posted in the mega link.
Also, weirdest thing. I went back into the game to try and get some metrics so I could tell you exactly how low the frame rate dipped and guess what, no lag whatsoever. It's especially odd considering I've had this problem on both this version and older versions.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Via the zip posted in the mega link.
Also, weirdest thing. I went back into the game to try and get some metrics so I could tell you exactly how low the frame rate dipped and guess what, no lag whatsoever. It's especially odd considering I've had this problem on both this version and older versions.
Huh that is weird. Well, hopefully it remains fixed.

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
Is there a way to turn off the main menu animation? It is quite annoying (and probably seizure inducing for some people).

Otherwise a nice little demo.

3.70 star(s) 17 Votes