Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The reasons are understandable, sadly poor hand-eye coordination probably means the end of the road on this game, pity :cry:

I'll keep trying, but I predict that some time before the next update this laptop will make a very rapid and close acquaintance with the wall opposite ...

Reactions: KiraJames and Ahchi

oh45

Jul 1, 2017
Faerin said:
Faerin, please provide a way to skip or significantly reduce the difficulty of the boxing minigame.
Until such is provided, I just cannot progress. Four straight attempts and I never came close to winning, nor was I improving.

Reactions: KiraJames and Ahchi

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
The reasons are understandable, sadly poor hand-eye coordination probably means the end of the road on this game, pity :cry:

I'll keep trying, but I predict that some time before the next update this laptop will make a very rapid and close acquaintance with the wall opposite ...
Oh believe me, I get it. It takes a bit of timing to get it right. But as long as you get the yellow or green, you're in good shape.

I'm used to using the arrow keys, TBH. "Back in the day" before Windows was a gleam in Bill Gates's eyes, I played a lot of old MS-DOS games; Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Heretic, Hexen, Wolfenstein 3D, Rise of the Triad, just to name a few. You had to navigate by the arrow keys. So it's old hat to me. Sure, I ran into a few problems during the fight mini-game, even lost a fight on purpose during testing just to see what would happen. So I completely understand that it's not in everybody's taste.

Reactions: TheDevian

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Oh believe me, I get it. It takes a bit of timing to get it right. But as long as you get the yellow or green, you're in good shape.

I'm used to using the arrow keys, TBH. "Back in the day" before Windows was a gleam in Bill Gates's eyes, I played a lot of old MS-DOS games; Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Heretic, Hexen, Wolfenstein 3D, Rise of the Triad, just to name a few. You had to navigate by the arrow keys. So it's old hat to me. Sure, I ran into a few problems during the fight mini-game, even lost a fight on purpose during testing just to see what would happen. So I completely understand that it's not in everybody's taste.
Yup, I remember them and sucked at all of them ... my limit was Colossal Cave and even then I spent days in a twisty maze of passageways, all alike...

[EDIT] How many eyes do you need to see the yellow/green as well as the arrows raining down? [/EDIT]

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gandalf78 and Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Yup, I remember them and sucked at all of them ... my limit was Colossal Cave and even then I spent days in a twisty maze of passageways, all alike...

[EDIT] How many eyes do you need to see the yellow/green as well as the arrows raining down? [/EDIT]
Probably four, I would imagine, and that's not including wearing prescription glasses. :ROFLMAO:

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Probably four, I would imagine, and that's not including wearing prescription glasses. :ROFLMAO:
Ah! so I tried using the spare pair as well and it got all blurry ... I guess that's me, two short then ... :confused:

ThanatosX

Jan 21, 2017
Some gaps in the combos would help the minigame, at the current speed it is see symbol hit symbol. No trying for perfect, no look ahead for next sequence, just maintain combo.

Reactions: Sycho

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
tried the minigame a few times now and was close to beating devon a few times, but i realize i'm getting old.:rolleyes:

i can't hit the right combination in the faster sequences....maybe a little aiming water(beer) will help.:Kappa:

but something else, I don't know if this has been mentioned before.
I have set the music to silent, when I start the game, the music stays silent, but when I load a savegame, the music is at full volume, although the slider in the settings is set to zero. if I now set the slider to loud and then to silent, the music also stays off.
I also noticed this with the last updates.

Reactions: xapican and YaBoy

Faerin

Game Developer
Jul 14, 2017
Hey guys,

I have read all your feedback (thanks for that).

I think the testers and I are all "gamers" and for us, the mini-game was quite easy (in fact, I thought it was a bit too easy after they convinced me to reduce the speed a bit).
I have always liked adding some elements that are not "just" reading text, but the last thing last thing I want is to annoy or exclude players from being able to play my games.

So don't worry, I'll definitely add a way for everyone to pass the game (be it by skipping, cheating, or just circumventing the fight in another way).

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
i didn't find the minigame that difficult, rather that my reaction time leaves something to be desired. but i'll take a little break and try again later, it's doable, i'm sure.

it's been a long time since i played the old 3drealms games and i wasn't that bad with them.
but nowadays you're too spoiled with comfort functions in games that they're no longer a challenge.

Reactions: larry5168

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Did any one figure out the passcode yet ?
It's different for everyone, the colors match the paintings, and the paintings match the books, and the books have the numbers.
I have nothing left to do with the other characters and the MC is at 84%. Is that correct?
Check your achievements.
Hey guys,

I have read all your feedback (thanks for that).

I think the testers and I are all "gamers" and for us, the mini-game was quite easy (in fact, I thought it was a bit too easy after they convinced me to reduce the speed a bit).
I have always liked adding some elements that are not "just" reading text, but the last thing last thing I want is to annoy or exclude players from being able to play my games.

So don't worry, I'll definitely add a way for everyone to pass the game (be it by skipping, cheating, or just circumventing the fight in another way).
Yeah, I mean, I am dyslexic, and my arms are partly disabled, so I figured if I could do it (most of the time), anyone could.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes