Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

viper217

Apr 18, 2020
This has been brought up before, more times than I care to count, so it bears repeating... again it would seem.

Faerin has mentioned in the past (during MotH's development) that creating a permanent save location caused nothing but problems for players (he didn't specify the issues or elaborate on the subject and I didn't need to ask why, it's his games, his decision).

Fast-forward to the very first tech demo release of MnS... Faerin again considered the idea of a persistent save location so that players didn't have to transfer saves with every monthly update. And again, that would have caused nothing but problems. So he decided to "stick with what's worked" in the past, since the last 2 games (MotH and MwM) both worked in the same way. This is why I asked one of the moderators to kindly put a note in OP that saves must be transferred over with each new update, and that if the game folder with the previous saves are deleted for any reason before the saves are moved over, you would need to start over again.

There's no reason Faerin needs to do any "investigations" into why Ren'Py does one thing, and Unity does another if this is the game engine he chooses to use.
Thanks for your response.

Reactions: Sycho

Katryss

Jun 11, 2023
The hint is "maybe there's something useful in my room" and you need a book. So clicking on the books seems like the only logical step to me. But yeah, it takes a several clicks.
Honestly didn't even know the books were interactable. Outside of my oversight, I'm absolutely loving the game so far!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
What do I need to do here? I've already tried talking to her at 16, 17, and 18, and I've also talked to her on Sunday.
View attachment 3305532
Check the MC's profile and see if he is 100%. Then check all of the galleries. You should have 10 videos for Olivia, 4 for Annabelle, 3 for Victoria, 2 for Madeline and 1 for Rebecca. If you have all of those, then that is all the content there is. As for why it would be showing a hint when it shouldn't, we're currently looking into that.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Hey here's the save where im stucked
We're currently investigating why you have a hint for Olivia showing when you shouldn't. From what we can see, you've already completed everything there is to do in this update.

THESECRETOF

Oct 10, 2020
Check the MC's profile and see if he is 100%. Then check all of the galleries. You should have 10 videos for Olivia, 4 for Annabelle, 3 for Victoria, 2 for Madeline and 1 for Rebecca. If you have all of those, then that is all the content there is. As for why it would be showing a hint when it shouldn't, we're currently looking into that.
That's all. Thank you.

Reactions: Sycho

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Should the MC be at 100%? Mine is in the 60s, but there are no more hints and I went through a few more days after finding all of the content I could and nothing else popped up.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Has anyone got issue with loading save from 0.1.9?
What issue are you running into?

Should the MC be at 100%? Mine is in the 60s, but there are no more hints and I went through a few more days after finding all of the content I could and nothing else popped up.
No, it shouldn't. It sounds like you haven't inspected all of the paintings yet (and received the art aficionado achievement). Check the MC's achievements and see if anything is incomplete.

panjan1898

Jan 8, 2019
What issue are you running into?
Continue button doesn't work and when I try to load recent save the save tiles disappears but page buttons and cross are active. There is no problem to load same save in game version 0.1.9. Also there is no issue with loading 0.1.8 save in 0.2.0 game.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Continue button doesn't work and when I try to load recent save the save tiles disappears but page buttons and cross are active. There is no problem to load same save in game version 0.1.9. Also there is no issue with loading 0.1.8 save in 0.2.0 game.
That save loaded with no problems when I clicked the continue button. Could you add the other saves to a zip, rar or 7z and attach that, please?

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes