Unity Midnight Sin [v0.4.0 Extra] [Faerin]

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Continue button doesn't work and when I try to load recent save the save tiles disappears but page buttons and cross are active. There is no problem to load same save in game version 0.1.9. Also there is no issue with loading 0.1.8 save in 0.2.0 game.
Did you copy the saves from 0.19 over into 0.20?

Reactions: Sycho

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
Here you go

Yes
Thanks. I thought one of them may be corrupt (which would account for the saves not loading or the continue button not working), but that doesn't seem to be the case as I was able to get all of the saves to load without any problems (though I didn't try any of the auto saves). What you could try is deleting all of the saves (including your auto saves) with exception to your primary save, then go back into the game and rerun it and see if there is an issue with using the load or continue button.

Generally if there is a corrupt save, you wouldn't be able to use the continue or the load button as clicking on either of them would do nothing unless you looked at each save individually to find the culprit. But as I mentioned, that's not the case here. As to what the cause is, I'm not certain since I see no issues on my end. And your log wouldn't show anything unless there was a crash while the game was running.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
So it seems I need to replay 0.1.9, thank you for your time
You're welcome and you shouldn't have to. Just transfer your 0.1.9 save into 0.2.0 and you're good to go. The first save you attached was showing some hints, so you could use that one.

RUSTAO

Apr 12, 2023
Check to see if you have done everything, and unlocked all the scenes. There might be a bug with the hint.
I have the game at 100%, but I'm not sure if all the scenes have been released, anyway I believe it's a bug, thanks for the help.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I have the game at 100%, but I'm not sure if all the scenes have been released, anyway I believe it's a bug, thanks for the help.
You can check the gallery for the scenes, but it sounds like the hint bug. We are looking into it, but not sure why it is happening to some people yet.

Reactions: rKnight and Sycho

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
What issue are you running into?

No, it shouldn't. It sounds like you haven't inspected all of the paintings yet (and received the art aficionado achievement). Check the MC's achievements and see if anything is incomplete.
OK thanks, cool.

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
OK thanks, cool.
That's usually the first thing that gets overlooked. Even if you had looked at the paintings in previous updates, the art aficionado achievement was added in an update or two ago. So you would have to look at them again to get that achievement. That would account for the 60-something % your MC has.

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
That's usually the first thing that gets overlooked. Even if you had looked at the paintings in previous updates, the art aficionado achievement was added in an update or two ago. So you would have to look at them again to get that achievement. That would account for the 60-something % your MC has.
That makes total sense. I looked at them a while back.

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
how do you get the Envy book it's the only one I have left to get I looked at the walkthrough it says Olivia has it I finished all of her content but these scenes are still locked so think they are causing the book to not appear I also placed all the other books on the shelf and went to Olivia's room at everytime of day but the book refuses to spawn

a8a10696122262039ed08994f46ef13d.jpg

Reactions: MasterChild

Sycho

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
May 9, 2018
how do you get the Envy book it's the only one I have left to get I looked at the walkthrough it says Olivia has it I finished all of her content but these scenes are still locked so think they are causing the book to not appear I also placed all the other books on the shelf and went to Olivia's room at everytime of day but the book refuses to spawn

View attachment 3308894
She has to come to your room in the middle of the night, after you've gone to sleep.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes