RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Oh, he's not bad at either of those things. What ICSTOR is bad at is hiding his intentions to bleed his patreons for as long as possible. Most of us could do a better job managing the various patreon games we see because they are poorly managed on purpose. Just look at Seeds of Chaos, that shit pipe of a Patreon team regularly releases updates and don't even bother to explain new content. It'll be "new scene with X characters" and they'll conveniently leave out the fact that there is no new scene, it's just a few boxes of text on a blank background so that the patreon supporters can "vote" on what comes next. Which is to say they put out half finished updates on purpose. Or Summertime Saga who releases ten minutes of content twice a year, while actively stringing along supporters with streams that show content far beyond where the next update will be. It's all about maintaining an illusion of hard work and an air of amateur game developer so as to keep people from realizing that they're being scammed. The team behind Lust Epidemic is pretty much the only one I can think of that releases updates at a quick rate, rarely varies on amount of content and moves towards completion at a steady rate. ICSTOR could manage Milfy City better without any effort at all, he just chooses not to.
So send us the link for any game you manage on patreon. Show us your management skills that put Venus Noire, Icstor and all the other dev teams around here to shame.
meme-307-willy-wonka-ironico-gerador-de-memes.jpg

SoiCowboy

Modder
Jun 13, 2018
The team behind Lust Epidemic is pretty much the only one I can think of that releases updates at a quick rate, rarely varies on amount of content and moves towards completion at a steady rate.
Color me wrong but a LE release has nowhere near the content of a MC release.

arms99

May 11, 2018
Color me wrong but a LE release has nowhere near the content of a MC release.
Lust Epidemic releases twice a month, while the average for Milfy City seems to be around twice a year (if we're lucky). And while MC releases have more content, it has nowhere near twelve time the content of LE.

Reactions: Jim Webb and Joland
May 26, 2018
Lust Epidemic releases twice a month, while the average for Milfy City seems to be around twice a year (if we're lucky). And while MC releases have more content, it has nowhere near twelve time the content of LE.
LE is nowhere near the quality of MC though. I’ve played both. The renders and animations in MC are amazing. LE has maybe one or two good animations depending on the update and the updates are at a 3% increase each time. You have to wait months for any real progress to be made. LE animations they’re not that long either. It’s like comparing apples to oranges. Comparing a B+ grade RPGM to an S tier RENPY game.

Reactions: roro

arms99

May 11, 2018
LE is nowhere near the quality of MC though. I’ve played both. The renders and animations in MC are amazing. LE has maybe one or two good animations depending on the update and the updates are at a 3% increase each time. You have to wait months for any real progress to be made. LE animations they’re not that long either. It’s like comparing apples to oranges. Comparing a B+ grade RPGM to an S tier RENPY game.
I disagree with you, personally I feel the quality of LE to be on par with MC. Both are excellent games, some of the best at the moment. And on a personal level, the fact the I'm willing to put up with RPGM (despite how much I hate it) says a lot about LE. And while I agree that the updates are short 3% each time, in the time that MC has been taking to release this update (which is yet to be released) there has been 20 LE updates for a total of 60%.

Also when MC came out it was on a class of it's own, put all other games to shame. However this not the case anymore, there are now a few games have risen up (and maybe even surpassed) the bar MC set, such as being a dik, city of broken dreamer or becoming a rockstar come to mind.

Last edited:

NeinSchroid

Jul 25, 2017
Eh, I don't really care about Caroline. I'll be satisfied so long as the Celia content is good, and the previews are already way better than I was hoping for.
i hate this comments, it affects me so much, now i dont care about Caroline too.. I'm serious

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Ah yes the "You have to do something to have a valid opinion on it." argument. We have dismissed that claim.
Patrons willingly support a Dev using the Patreon or similar Subscribestar model because they feel the group is doing something worthwhile (whatever that means to them): if they eventually don't feel that way, perhaps due to the Dev's actions or just a change of heart/circumstance, then it's up to them to decide if their patronage is warranted.

Anyone can feel taken advantage of if they choose, but in ICSTOR's case there's plenty of people who apparently still perceive the situation differently than you. That includes ICSTOR, and all of his project management methods you've claimed he could implement but won't out of some well-managed subterfuge. That is, he's managing *something* really well: fooling all his Patrons! That would actually take some work, oddly enough.

In the end, you'll just need to deal with the reality that not everyone sees things that way and for good reasons to them (including belief in what ICSTOR does offer his patrons, from status updates to previews, etc.)

May 26, 2018
I disagree with you, personally I feel the quality of LE to be on par with MC. Both are excellent games, some of the best at the moment. And on a personal level, the fact the I'm willing to put up with RPGM (despite how much I hate it) says a lot about LE. And while I agree that the updates are short 3% each time, in the time that MC has been taking to release this update (which is yet to be released) there has been 20 LE updates for a total of 60%.

Also when MC came out it was on a class of it's own, put all other games to shame. However this not the case anymore, there are now a few games have risen up (and maybe even surpassed) the bar MC set, such as being a dik, city of broken dreamer or becoming a rockstar come to mind.
LE is something I play on the side while I wait for the better games to come out. Let’s just agree to disagree

trynd

Sep 17, 2017
To each his own. I’m not nit picky about minute details when it come to the tenders and animations of MC and have yet to see better ones.
Well my last posts about which game has better renders AND animations than this game were removed..But I'd say the game with the highest weighted rating on the site is probably the best.

Reactions: cimibibapa2

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Well my last posts about which game has better renders AND animations than this game were removed..But I'd say the game with the highest weighted rating on the site is probably the best.
I don't think that's a good measure of objective render quality, honestly.

Popularity for a game comes about from so many factors and often those are contextually more/less important depending on the type of game itself.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Yeah everyone here should become a game dev just to prove a point that everyone can already blatantly see? It should be obvious to anyone icstor 2 years ago > icstor now.
There is a very big difference between making a constructive critic about for instance how Icstor manages his developer team work flow (which isn't very good in my opinion) and to outright claim you can do a better job than all the dev teams.

If you can't see the difference then sorry but that is not my problem. :cool:

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I don't think that's a good measure of objective render quality, honestly.

Popularity for a game comes about from so many factors and often those are contextually more/less important depending on the type of game itself.
Icstor renders are really well done, thanks to his skill and high end pc, but he has some problems with human anatomy as shown in some pictures posted in this thread.

3.70 star(s) 410 Votes