bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I think it is time for me to butt in, I can seriously understand everyone's frustration against icstor, but bashing the guy isn't going to help speed up the process of an update, he has in the past finished a few games, he probably has a good reason for his delays, he probably works a real job and creates games on his spare time, or whatever the reason, I'm still certain that he has his reasons, maybe he has a life ;) anyway, I would be willing to bet that most of you complaining are not even one of his patrons, correct me if I'm wrong, but please, stop bashing and concentrate more on what you think the story will be in the future, I have no problems with that, so, stop crying like little babies and wait like everyone else, life goes on and the update will be ready when it is, it's just as simple as that, no need to get a heart attack over this lol :p

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
There is a very big difference between making a constructive critic about for instance how Icstor manages his developer team work flow (which isn't very good in my oppinion) and to outright claim you can do a better job than all the dev teams.

If you can't see the difference then sorry but that is not my problem. :cool:
The other part about this is some people are wired or habituated to a certain way of thinking/doing and won't change much without significant reasons to do so.

ICSTOR continues to do what he does because it still works for him, apparently (I feel like a broken record on this point, unfortunately). But if situations force him to rethink his methods ... maybe he will evolve his style.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

trynd

Sep 17, 2017
I don't think that's a good measure of objective render quality, honestly.

Popularity for a game comes about from so many factors and often those are contextually more/less important depending on the type of game itself.
Regardless of its popularity its way better render wise. it really isn't close. i was just trying not to say the name of the game since mods butthurt over that.

Reactions: cimibibapa2

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Regardless of its popularity its way better render wise. it really isn't close. i was just trying not to say the name of the game since mods butthurt over that.
We can objectively rate image quality all day between games, though my point was that the way images impact the player in the context of each game is what really matters the most, IMHO. MrDots' games aren't necessarily filled with the greatest 3D compositions in the universe of adult VNs (I personally like them, truth be told), but his games are popular for reasons which goes beyond the image quality into story, characterizations, production/program quality, etc.

So, if you want to say someone else has better renders and therefore ICSTOR isn't the end-all, be-all 3D artist, then ... OK. ICSTOR is still pretty talented (technically, at least) for a Daz user, regardless - I think we can all agree on that.

Even more: for Milfy City, ICSTOR seems to be doing the right job, given his ongoing level of support for his work - right?

Reactions: johnmichael6921

trynd

Sep 17, 2017
We can objectively rate image quality all day between games, though my point was that the way images impact the player in the context of each game is what really matters the most, IMHO. MrDots' games aren't necessarily filled with the greatest 3D compositions in the universe of adult VNs (I personally like them, truth be told), but his games are popular for reasons which goes beyond the image quality into story, characterizations, production/program quality, etc.

So, if you want to say someone else has better renders and therefore ICSTOR isn't the end-all, be-all 3D artist, then ... OK. ICSTOR is still pretty talented (technically, at least) for a Daz user, regardless - I think we can all agree on that.

Even more: for Milfy City, ICSTOR seems to be doing the right job, given his ongoing level of support for his work - right?
I disagree that dots doesn't use his images/content in a way that impacts the player, especially if you're comparing it to this game..but my point was never that game vs this game. my point is this dev has become a lazier, worse dev. I also don't blame him, he's been doing this a long time and it finally paid off big. But defending all criticism of icstor to the point of pure delusion is just silly.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
LE is nowhere near the quality of MC though. I’ve played both. The renders and animations in MC are amazing. LE has maybe one or two good animations depending on the update and the updates are at a 3% increase each time. You have to wait months for any real progress to be made. LE animations they’re not that long either. It’s like comparing apples to oranges. Comparing a B+ grade RPGM to an S tier RENPY game.
Just how good is a .5-1 second looped animation anyway? And what good is 9 months old .5 second animations?

Reactions: Jaun Karr
May 26, 2018
Just how good is a .5-1 second looped animation anyway? And what good is 9 months old .5 second animations?
I know you’re exaggerating but the animations in this game are longer. They’re also better quality in terms of 3D and they have multiple angles. LE the whole animation can be done in 3 clicks of the space bar. Not much to work with in LE

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
I disagree that dots doesn't use his images/content in a way that impacts the player, especially if you're comparing it to this game..but my point was never that game vs this game. my point is this dev has become a lazier, worse dev. I also don't blame him, he's been doing this a long time and it finally paid off big. But defending all criticism of icstor to the point of pure delusion is just silly.
No, I meant that MrDots' picture details and composition may not be the pinnacle of art in 3D adult games, but that doesn't mean it isn't an integral part of what makes his games work for the player. It's the entire package which matters and they are pretty strong on all points as a production group, just not necessarily the best at any one thing.

If your point is that this Dev is somehow lazier (because he got burned out and took a break, then added scope to a long-awaited release? OK, then ...) I don't really care. Personally, I haven't seen a change in his style for the worse and again, we'll see how his patrons react after this month.

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
I think it is time for me to butt in, I can seriously understand everyone's frustration against icstor, but bashing the guy isn't going to help speed up the process of an update, he has in the past finished a few games, he probably has a good reason for his delays, he probably works a real job and creates games on his spare time, or whatever the reason, I'm still certain that he has his reasons, maybe he has a life ;) anyway, I would be willing to bet that most of you complaining are not even one of his patrons, correct me if I'm wrong, but please, stop bashing and concentrate more on what you think the story will be in the future, I have no problems with that, so, stop crying like little babies and wait like everyone else, life goes on and the update will be ready when it is, it's just as simple as that, no need to get a heart attack over this lol :p
Ahh, a post just full of tired old tropes. Being nice will speed up his production? He must be a special kind of drama queen then. Years ago Eli Manning won the Superbowl. Does that have any bearing on his performance this year? If you used to be a good player. But now you suck as a player. It does not matter if you WERE good if you suck now.

His own posted goal said that when he made enough that this would become his full time job. His estimated income is 40k per month. But you can't be sure because he hides it.

You are on a pirate site. Any discussion of financial support as you also steal games. Is what normal self-aware people call hypocrisy. You should stop being so butt hurt that people have noticed Icstor is a crappy developer. Why do you care if people bash someone who you don't know at all? Are you that enamored with digital women you become personally insulted?

It is a good thing you decided to weigh in. I mean we were anxiously waiting for the laundry list of tropes you just regurgitated. No one has ever said them before. Oh wait, they are tropes for a reason. BTW no one cares what you do and do not have a problem with. Isctor is lazy and the neighbor renders are terrible.

Last point. Please learn what the period and a comma are. An entire paragraph full of commas without a single period. And I thought my grammar was bad.

Last edited:

Q Who

Donor
May 16, 2017
I know you’re exaggerating but the animations in this game are longer. They’re also better quality in terms of 3D and they have multiple angles. LE the whole animation can be done in 3 clicks of the space bar. Not much to work with in LE
Time them yourself. Looping the same movement does not increase the animation time. Nor does a different angle of the exact same motion.

I have never played LE so I don't care.

My criticism is of all these .5 second animations. regardless of which game you are talking about. You see one pivot point. The hands don't move etc. If it is a BJ the head bobs period. If it is penetration then just the hips move.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019
Time them yourself. Looping the same movement does not increase the animation time. Nor does a different angle of the exact same motion.

My criticism is of all these .5 second animations. regardless of which game you are talking about. You see one pivot point. The hands don't move etc. If it is a BJ the head bobs period. If it is penetration then just the hips move.
I would rather have a good story then .5 second animations, there are way better games out now a days that have great animations and good story. MC is neither of these and breaks off every 10 seconds to a broken or non finished story ark, but people of this forum would rather tell people this game is great the dev is awesome or white knight him. This dev has become lazy you can tell but the fact hes adding way more content then and not finish the other story arks so he can bleed his Patreons.

May 26, 2018

Fair enough

Reactions: Q Who

Sheperdxgn

Mar 24, 2018
That right there is the type of mentality I hate the most, apologist who find any way to excuse a developer when they make mistakes instead of holding them accountable. It's the exact same reason companies like Activison,EA,Blizzard and Bethesda get away with the scummy shit they do because people like you are ready at the helm to defend them.
So lets break down what you said "he probably has a good reason for his delays," The first delay came because of health reason so I won't fault him at that. The second delay came because he had the bright idea to add content that no one asked for. The third delay came as a side effect of the second delay so it's a chain reaction of fuckary. Now the next point "he probably works a real job and creates games on his spare time" Hate to break it to you bud but Icstor is raking in about 30k minimum a month add to the fact that he boldly said that he'd make this game his FULL TIME JOB when the goal was reached makes that statement obsolete. Then finally "maybe he has a life ;) anyway," Well I have a life too but even I have to set aside eight hours a day five days a week, when you make the statement that this is your full time job you should be clocking around forty hours at most a week. Right here is my favorite "I would be willing to bet that most of you complaining are not even one of his patrons," I'm sorry I didn't know it was against the law to critique something your not paying for and it's sweet coming from someone who has probably Dl their fair share of games they haven't put money towards and critiqued. Is that the sound of hypocrisy I hear.
We're on a pirate site you betting that people aren't patrons is like me betting that the ocean is wet. It doesn't matter if you are a big Dev or little if your tittle is AAA or armature this is life if you make mistakes there are bound to be people ready to hold you accountable especially if you claim this is your job. People like you who have excuses locked and loaded are the reason these devs never find ways to improve. Your doing no one a service standing in front of them with a shield ready to block all forms of negativity. Things like this build a persons character you can never get better if you never make mistakes or if you never own up to your mistakes.

3.70 star(s) 410 Votes