Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
The guy who made the Xmas episode managed to make an update with 500+ HQ renders and 30+ HQ animations in a month. There is also this guy who appareantly managed to create 1000+ HQ renders in 3 weeks.
Oh wait, my bad all of these are the same person.

The problem with Icstor isn't that he is taking his time. The problem is he is missing his own deadlines/estimates by months while providing contradicting development updates.
You say this as though he was always this tardy.
Rarely did he ever give "deadlines/estimates".
Due to the circumstances faced during this update, he's been forced to do what he has. You want him to keep on giving reasons and excuses instead of focusing his entire energy on finishing the update? Because if not for people's persistent badgering for a release date, he would have just released the game, without giving ETAs and crap

Mar 14, 2019
he's been forced to do what he has.
Has he? Did he really have to stop the development at 70%, instead of wrapping things up, releasing a smaller update and then going on vacation? And when he came back, did he really have to add on to the already heavily delayed update? Did he really have to develop shit nobody wants like the minigames and the neighbors?

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
You want him to keep on giving reasons and excuses instead of focusing his entire energy on finishing the update?
Literally the opposite. I want him to be honest. He came back from his break in early June and said the release estimate is somewhere in August. That was not something other people who made him do it. Most expected it earlier since the update was supposedly 65% done. He then on August 8th remained that he hopes to release it in August. Think that was honest now 2 months later?

Because if not for people's persistent badgering for a release date, he would have just released the game, without giving ETAs and crap
I actually laughed out loud at that. Man those 3 dev updates in 2 months must have taken weeks to write. C'mon man.

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
Stopped reading there. Who is this guy? What is he trying to accomplish? I suppose his point was that we should praise the lazy and deceitful developer? And he proves his statement with lies himself? What a shame.

Ok, I looked through the post and I can say that that is all bullshit, I don't know where did he get those numbers. The simple math: he worked around 7.5-8 months: ~9.5 total, since 25 dec, minus 1.5-2 months off (we can't be sure, since he returned 3 times: ~15 may, ~30 may, and ~14 june), the amount of renders to this point is 2237, which means 278-298 renders per month. I don't need to mention some other devs to compare, I suppose it's quite obvious that this is not good enough. The most interesting thing though is that, around 900 of these renders, he made for 3 weeks (News #15, 8 aug - 1100 - News #16, 30 aug - 2000), which means that most of the time he produced around 184-198 renders per month.

Why are you here if you hate him so much? what are YOU trying to accomplish? you trying to say he abandoned the game?
or his quality is piss poor that your eyes get scorched when you look at them?

Please do mention the other devs, that produce such numbers and quality, and while you're at it, play those games and ignore this one. They are honourable, punctual, honest people, unlike the toxic ICSTOR. Surely some of those amazing devs must've released an update by now. Or you did play and finish all those games in less than 15 mins?

You are a simple-minded fellow, so I forgive you for THINKING. You don't need to stress your brain. Relax or there won't be any blood flowing to your dick.
Ok, so 184-198 renders per month, what about the animations?
Do you think he is a machine to rigorously grind out exactly 400 renders per month? or is it that the story is so linear and one-directional that he just has to make small changes here and there to get those renders?

Only if weren't so dependent on his game!! You'd have a calmer, more fulfilling life.

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
The guy who made the Xmas episode managed to make an update with 500+ HQ renders and 30+ HQ animations in a month. There is also this guy who appareantly managed to create 1000+ HQ renders in 3 weeks.
Oh wait, my bad all of these are the same person.

The problem with Icstor isn't that he is taking his time. The problem is he is missing his own deadlines/estimates by months while providing contradicting development updates.
Not a regular occurrence and this game is worth the wait. More so for caroline's update

D

Deleted member 1481465

Why are you here if you hate him so much? what are YOU trying to accomplish? you trying to say he abandoned the game?

Please do mention the other devs, that produce such numbers and quality, and while you're at it, play those games and ignore this one. They are honourable, punctual, honest people, unlike the toxic ICSTOR. Surely some of those amazing devs must've released an update by now. Or you did play and finish all those games in less than 15 mins?

You are a simple-minded fellow, so I forgive you for THINKING. You don't need to stress your brain. Relax or there won't be any blood flowing to your dick.
Do you think he is a machine to rigorously grind out exactly 400 renders per month? or is it that the story is so linear and one-directional that he just has to make small changes here and there to get those renders?

Only if weren't so dependent on his game!! You'd have a calmer, more fulfilling life.
It's simple math. If you weren't replying to refute people in a pointless argument you'd have a calmer, more fulfilling life.

ICSTOR's lazy. Simple as that.

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
Has he? Did he really have to stop the development at 70%, instead of wrapping things up, releasing a smaller update and then going on vacation? And when he came back, did he really have to add on to the already heavily delayed update? Did he really have to develop shit nobody wants like the minigames and the neighbors?
Damned if he does. Damned if he doesn't. So are you saying you won't play when it's out?

Are you people so dependent on his game for your lives?? Come back to the real world for once

blahmeister

Feb 20, 2018
It's simple math. If you weren't replying to refute people in a pointless argument you'd have a calmer, more fulfilling life.

CONGRATULATIONS! This is the 10,000th insult to the dev, Johnny, tell them what they've won!

Oh wait ... you won nothing, and accomplished nothing ... your comments, coupled with all the other shit that's been flung against the wall, have obviously not affected his Patreon numbers, nor have they affected him.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017

Is there really no room in your mind between "Love the game -> don't criticize dev" and "criticize dev -> you must hate the dev and the game"?

How about something more nuanced like this is the most popular game on the site by possibly the most popular dev and people are dissapointed by severly slowed down productivity and missed self-imposed deadlines. A pattern that has plagued the devs previous games that makes people worried for the future of the game.

D

Deleted member 612615

Not a regular occurrence and this game is worth the wait. More so for caroline's update
That used to be the case 6 months ago, not now. Fast approaching Half Life 3 level of hype and when this update falls flat (which i think its going to do), his $10,000 a month paycheck fucks off finally.

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
Literally the opposite. I want him to be honest. He came back from his break in early June and said the release estimate is somewhere in August. That was not something other people who made him do it. Most expected it earlier since the update was supposedly 65% done. He then on August 8th remained that he hopes to release it in August. Think that was honest now 2 months later?
Do you know what unexpected or unforeseen means? He has been telling the truth and yet he's being criticized. He said he hoped to get the update out by aug end. He had issues with his PC so he had to push back the release date.
Lastly, he proclaimed that this is the single biggest update he has done so far, there are obviously gonna be more issues as well.

I actually laughed out loud at that. Man those 3 dev updates in 2 months must have taken weeks to write. C'mon man.
His dev posts are not his strength. Let him do what he's good at, is all I'm trying to say. All this unwanted pressure won't help him at all. One thing you cannot question is the quantity and quality of the updates. There are 10-20K people playing this for crying out loud. Such a big following doesn't come just like that.

blahmeister

Feb 20, 2018
Is there really no room in your mind between "Love the game -> don't criticize dev" and "criticize dev -> you must hate the dev and the game"?

How about something more nuanced like this is the most popular game on the site by possibly the most popular dev and people are dissapointed by severly slowed down productivity and missed self-imposed deadlines. A pattern that has plagued the devs previous games that makes people worried for the future of the game.
We knew people were disappointed 500 pages ago. Nothing new is being added to the discussion.

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017

I just had a lot of time on my hands.

ICSTOR may be lazy, but if you want to play his game you have to adjust to him, not the other way around.

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
That used to be the case 6 months ago, not now. Fast approaching Half Life 3 level of hype and when this update falls flat (which i think its going to do), his $10,000 a month paycheck fucks off finally.
I take it you'll be one of those stopping their payments? or AT THE VERY LEAST not play it when it gets released.

Reactions: January2015
3.80 star(s) 415 Votes