Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
Is there really no room in your mind between "Love the game -> don't criticize dev" and "criticize dev -> you must hate the dev and the game"?
For ICSTOR first case is true. Not for any other devs, not even darkcookie.

How about something more nuanced like this is the most popular game on the site by possibly the most popular dev and people are dissapointed by severly slowed down productivity and missed self-imposed deadlines. A pattern that has plagued the devs previous games that makes people worried for the future of the game.
Slowed down productivity?? you're talking as though you've seen the content in the game, and it's not that big at all.
Never said he's perfect. Just saying give him time and space and he'll give something worth our while.

yes his old games weren't finished well. Doesn't mean you should be pessimistic and fear for what might happen. why not try and encourage him for once.
He's made mistakes, he will continue to do so. Doesn't mean he won't learn and change.

• Sad
Reactions: Jaun Karr

dannyoceanic

Jul 19, 2017
It's simple math. If you weren't replying to refute people in a pointless argument you'd have a calmer, more fulfilling life.

ICSTOR's lazy. Simple as that.
Yeah 100 % this.

Back in the milfs control and incest story days he put out updates almost on a monthly schedule.
Yes the animations today are higher quality but still he kept to his word.
Nowadays he is lying and pushing back ETA's all the time, what a shame.

TabooDad50

Mar 18, 2019
Love this game and really look forward to more.
While i have not waited as long as some for an update, these last months waiting for Caroline to put out are killing me.

Sis we have been kinda dating for going on a year and i need bone ya so you go to the store and sell some more clothes meanwhile i shall take out my frustrations on Mom while you keep making lame excuses....;)

Now to just RainX my Monitor and get the Squeegee ready while i wait for update.

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
Yeah 100 % this.

Back in the milfs control and incest story days he put out updates almost on a monthly schedule.
Yes the animations today are higher quality but still he kept to his word.
Nowadays he is lying and pushing back ETA's all the time, what a shame.
This has happened for just this update.

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
And yet after 500 pages some act like their is nothing to be disappointed about and any criticizm is from haters and trolls.
If he's honest he'll release the game only when he can. But if he's a scammer, he'll just continue to scam and milk people.
So then what is this disappointment and criticism leading to?

If you say you want to create awareness so that people know they are being cheated, first go and get people to stop supporting gumdrop, he makes 8K a month still!!!

blahmeister

Feb 20, 2018
And yet after 500 pages some act like their is nothing to be disappointed about and any criticizm is from haters and trolls.
I've never once said the criticisms were invalid - I have, however, pointed out that they have been said over and over again, and they do not add any value to the discussion anymore.

This thread is literally: "I hate Icstor", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!", "Me too!" + 500 pages. Dev is lazy and you're mad you aren't getting a free game on a pirate site, we get it already.

Aug 28, 2017
Please show me where he said it's 20 animations for 0.6 then?
He said there will be about 20 scenes. If you mean total individual animations then yeah I agree the number might get much higher.

It has been said before, but some people need to vent. And what better place than the thread of the game.
Yes some might go too far attacking him, but some also go too far defending him.
And there are others who are just observing.

What is your constant defending of him leading to as well?
You seem to be the one who's taking the hardest. Take it easy. Most people are having a laugh by this time.

I've never once said the criticisms were invalid - I have, however, pointed out that they have been said over and over again, and they do not add any value to the discussion anymore.
But your reply does?

If some people are unhappy with something, they will continue to complain repeatedly. Valid or not.

Trying to put an end to it is pointless.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
If he's honest he'll release the game only when he can. But if he's a scammer, he'll just continue to scam and milk people.

If you say you want to create awareness so that people know they are being cheated, first go and get people to stop supporting gumdrop, he makes 8K a month still!!!
I honestly don't care how supports whom. I don't begrudge anyone giving money to Icstor, Gumdrop or anyone else. Just trying to give some perspective that not everyone complaining is some weird caricature a la "Lol Icstor scmam worst milk eva".

Slowed down productivity?? you're talking as though you've seen the content in the game, and it's not that big at all.
Never said he's perfect. Just saying give him time and space and he'll give something worth our while.
Sure I haven't seen the update. I'm going by what Icstor himself said. New update is supposed to have ~2200 renders and took ~7.5 months. 0.4 had over 1200 renders and took ~2.75 months
As I said before, this wouldn't be a problem to me if he hadn't missed his latest estimate by over a month when he 3 weeks earlier said he's trying to release it on time.
That was him being dishonest. There is no way he underestimated the work left to be done by 6 weeks. I also doubt he had significant computer problems as there wasn't any mention of them when he delayed the update in late August. You can't come back later when you weren't transparent at the time.

I'm sure the update will be good and will probably be double the size of 0.5 or even 0.4 but when a developer who has rushed several games now to move on to his next project, takes a break because he was burned out and than comes back and misses his deadlines by a large margin, I think it is reasonable to be concerned about the future of the game.

Last edited:

bearhug

Dec 24, 2018
i like how people are treating this as dishonest as if the game dev can see the future and precisely estimate the release of the game with or without any problems . its like the people have a first person view on the persons life and quickly judge him as dishonest when somethings goes wrong. if you are a patron of the dev and dont like hes schedule, go ahead and drop the patron no body is stopping you. same goes to the ones who wait. but for those who's not even a patron, why cant you just wait?.

gamer22

Dec 31, 2018
i like how people are treating this as dishonest as if the game dev can see the future and precisely estimate the release of the game with or without any problems . its like the people have a first person view on the persons life and quickly judge him as dishonest when somethings goes wrong. if you are a patron of the dev and dont like hes schedule, go ahead and drop the patron no body is stopping you. same goes to the ones who wait. but for those who's not even a patron, why cant you just wait?.
Don't keep waiting in silence. Push him

Reactions: ookla

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Already done.BTW nobody force him to not release the update months ago.He is the one who decide to add more content/neighbors/ and decide to delay the update.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
You really don't see any problems/inconsistencies?

August 8th:
I’m working all day and doing everything I can do to release this extra large version this month. I hope I’ll manage to do it without any delays.

August 29th:
The progress is going really well. (...) Unfortunately, we haven't managed to get everything completed this month so we have to push this release a little bit.

September 15th
game goes into testing.

September 23rd
I also had a lot of problems with my rendering software (...) If it comes to release date I can't give any but you can expect the beta version somewhere around ~10th October.

As I see it there are two options: There was either no way for 0.6 to come out in August and he suggested otherwise or he did have problems in August and didn't tell anyone until he missed his deadline by 3 weeks. People were expecting the update in early september because he said "The progress is going really well" not "I'm having problems don't expect the update for another month".

bearhug

Dec 24, 2018
You really don't see any problems/inconsistencies?

August 8th:
I’m working all day and doing everything I can do to release this extra large version this month. I hope I’ll manage to do it without any delays.

August 29th:
The progress is going really well. (...) Unfortunately, we haven't managed to get everything completed this month so we have to push this release a little bit.

September 15th
game goes into testing.

September 23rd
I also had a lot of problems with my rendering software (...) If it comes to release date I can't give any but you can expect the beta version somewhere around ~10th October.

As I see it there are two options: There was either no way for 0.6 to come out in August and he suggested otherwise or he did have problems in August and didn't tell anyone until he missed his deadline by 3 weeks. People were expecting the update in early september because he said "The progress is going really well" not "I'm having problems don't expect the update for another month".
After the so called delay, did he personally say that the release is gonna be on the first week of sept? or people was just "Expecting" it to be release since they "Think" that everything is okay?. and also at aug 29 he said "Unfortunately, we haven't managed to get everything completed this month so we have to push this release a little bit" did he say anything else? like ETA of the release?

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes