dirtythiccboi

Aug 7, 2019
I'm not sure the criticism is the problem - its the frequency and monotony of that criticism that is the problem. There are literally hundreds of pages of people bitching, whining, and complaining about the dev. What more are you adding to the conversation that hasn't already been said?

You're whining just to whine at this point - its neither productive nor healthy.
Kinda hard to discuss something that's a year old, been played to death by month 3 and hasn't been updated. At this point there's only the creator to talk about . ^_^

Anonnona

Apr 29, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
X-mas episode was released on 22 Dec 2018.
Work on 0.6 started only after christmas and New Year holidays.
Sometime in 1st or 2nd week of Jan 2019 (If you're of the opinion that it was wrong of him to celebrate the holidays and instead should've worked even then, just go cry in some corner)
He took a break for around 3 months between March and June (It goes March, APRIL, MAY then June).

So:

Jan 5 - March 22 = ~2 months (77 days)
March 23 - June 14 = ~3 months (84 days) --> Break
June 15 - Oct 8 = ~4 months (116 days)
Jan 5 - Oct 8 = ~10 months (277 days)

In ~7 months (188 days) of development, he has-
2300+ Renders and 60K+ words (not 2000 and 10k)
Then there is the small matter of animations. He hasn't given us a number yet, but it's safe to assume it'll be 50 minimum. It could be as high as 100-150 even.
The code also has to be WRITTEN.
Finally testing and bug fixing.

FYI ICSTOR doesn't do the writing, he has a dedicated person for it who cannot start writing the story including the dialogues for multiple characters until he has the visuals to base off of.
But sure, focus only on how much writing he has completed. The renders and animations just fell from the sky into his lap.
You may know how long it takes to write words, why not try for yourself and find out how long it takes to make renders and animations of ICSTOR's quality.

Many people have already pointed out your mistakes without a sufficient response, so I request you to EDIT YOUR POST AND UPDATE IT WITH THE CORRECT INFORMATION.

P.S.
I've added the number of days in "( )" just to show the exact durations. Going by months and weeks gets confusing and often misleading.

S.T.A.R.S.

Oct 28, 2018
In ~7 months (188 days) of development, he has-
2300+ Renders and 60K+ words (not 2000 and 10k)
Then there is the small matter of animations. He hasn't given us a number yet, but it's safe to assume it'll be 50 minimum. It could be as high as 100-150 even.
The code also has to be WRITTEN.
Finally testing and bug fixing.
so I request you to EDIT YOUR POST AND UPDATE IT WITH THE CORRECT INFORMATION.
You're welcome.

TauTau_de

Oct 7, 2019
Hi I'm currently in the Sara storyline. In classroom she mentioned a webcam, so I bought the software in the store, but no matter what I do, I can't install it to my computer (have it activated in inventory, then click my PC, I can only use it or play games, and there's no new icon)

Aug 28, 2017
He did. It's about 20.
So 50 isn't really safe to assume. Let alone 150...

So I kindly ask you in a shouting voice to

EDIT YOUR POST AND UPDATE IT WITH THE CORRECT INFORMATION.

boxedjack

Apr 23, 2017
I don't see your game.
Did you make an update with 1000+ HQ renders & 20+ HQ animations in a month??

Care to share your secret as to how you accomplished so much in so little time. Maybe all the devs here can learn a thing or two
The guy who made the Xmas episode managed to make an update with 500+ HQ renders and 30+ HQ animations in a month. There is also this guy who appareantly managed to create 1000+ HQ renders in 3 weeks.
Oh wait, my bad all of these are the same person.

The problem with Icstor isn't that he is taking his time. The problem is he is missing his own deadlines/estimates by months while providing contradicting development updates.

3.80 star(s) 415 Votes